Ch. 33

Protectors

okayyyyy updating today.............

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chunji's eyes widened in horror, "Wh-what....."

He hugged him tighter, "Please Chunji, if you all want to get out of here saftely then y-"

"NOO!!!!" Chunji cutt him off. He gripped onto him, tears falling nonstop, "NO...why...I will not kill you!!! I CAME BACK TO SAVE YOU NOT KILL YOU!!!! WHY..."

"Chunji please li-"

"NOO!! I WONT DO IT....I WONT...*sobs* I WILL NOT KILL YOU!!!!!"

Chin-Hwa gets up slowly, pain shooting through his body, "Damn...so close.."

"Chin-Hwa you idiot...you are so slow..." Hyori glares at him.

He glares back, "Shut up...big brother is too quick! And what are you going huh?"

"Well....for one, I am badly hurt and you are the least injured, two, I am making sure they dont break out of the dorm, and three, at least I am doing something unlike someone," she glances at Hyo-Jin.

"Hyo-Jin cant even stand up, she is the most injured so of course she cant fight! At least she's been protecting us..."

Hyori scoffed and rolled her eyes, "You and your sister complex..."

He gritted his about to punch her but he stops himself. Sighing, he turns to the barrier knowing nothing good will happen if he continues to fight with Hyori like this. "Now, to break that barrier....."

 

"Tch...it's not working....." Changjo growls, constantly kicking at the plant dome.

"Ahhhugh..." L.joe punches at the dome very aggravated, "why wont this ty dome break!!!!"

"We have to think of something because we are wasting our energy like this," Niel said while panting, trying to cut their way through but no luck.

Cap nodded in agreement, "Niel's right! We wont get anywhere like this...."

"What do we do Shiki-san..." Ricky said while they turned their heads to Shiki.

Shiki just stood there thinking. Not moving an inch. He was constantly fighting in his mind wheather or not if he should. "Is he alright," Changjo asked.

"Shiki-san..." Ricky walked over to him.

He sighed, knowing that this was their only chance, "Alright, only one...."

They all looked at him confused, "Only one? One what?" Niel asked.

"I can open this dome but only for a few seconds, and the opening wont be that big. I will have to hold it open and only one person will be able to make it out, so who will it be?"

"Wait cant you hold it longer," Ricky asked.

He shook his head, "No, I can not. Only one can get out, who will it be....."

"I'll go," L.joe said not hesitating at all, "I'm going.."

"Does everyone agree with that choice," Shiki looked at everyone and they all nodded, "okay, since she is standing in the front we will have to do it in the back. Are you ready L.joe..." he nodded, "okay, then here it goes..."

 

"Chunji please...we have no-"

"NO....." he cried harder, "you cant make me...we will figure out a way I promise.... so please dont die... please..."

He sighed, "There is no other way Chunji, there is no other way...." he mumbled those words. He continued to hug Chunji-who was crying in his chest- trying to figure out a way to solve all this. Though the pain in his right eye didnt help a bit, he couldnt see at all. Which was bad because he couldnt see half the things he needed to.

Chunji sniffed, "I d-dont even know y-your name..."

He smiled, "Well..." he was going to tell him until something caught his eye. Out the corner of his left eye he saw something that gave him an idea, "perfect.."

"Wh-what..." Chunji was confused, "what are you..." but he was pinned to a tree before he could even finish. His eyes widened when he saw the other holding a dagger at him, "what are you doing?"

"Killing you obviously... why wouldnt I?" he smirked and Chunji couldnt believe his ears. He was going strike and Chunji closed his eyes. But nothing happened, Chunji didnt feel pain. He collapased to the ground.

"Dont you dare hurt Chunji you ! I am going to kill you.."

Chunji's eyes shot opened. He recognized that voice, "L.joe..." he looked up to see L.joe standing in front of him holding some kind of curved sword.

"Are you alright Chunji," he looked back and Chunji nodded. L.joe turned his head back, "I am going to kill you for trying to kill Chunji..."

He chuckled, "Do you think you can? I mean I am much stronger than you, given the fact that your strength and powers are limited...."

L.joe growled, "You.." he was going to strike but something held him back.

"NO DONT!!!" Chunji gripped onto L.joe's shirt, "Dont hurt him.."

L.joe's eyes widened, "Chunji why... he tried to kill you.." Chunji shook his head and was going to say something but was interuppted.

"Yes, but I was too slow," he chuckled, "I almost had him, but you had to be in the way didnt you... I was going to skin your precious Chunji alive..."

L.joe's eyes gre dark, "You little.."

"NO! Please stop..." Chunji sobbed into L.joe's shirt, "please please stop.... L.joe dont do it... please! He's lying L.joe... he's lying... "

L.joe was stuggling, "Ch-Chunji... you cant be serious... he.."

"Please..... believe me he is lying.... he-he said that... the only way to get out is to kill him.. L.joe please dont do it.... he is only saying those things so you can kill him...."

He chuckled harder, "You honestly cant believe him... why would I be lying? You saw it yourself, i was going to kill him....."

L.joe was going to strike again but couldnt as Chunji held onto him tighter, "Chunji please let go..."

"NO, he is lying *sobs* he is lying L.joe... he is lying.... please... dont..."

They were interrupted as the barrier shattered, "Damn..." the older brother cursed under his breathe.

"Finally," Chin-Hwa shouted, but his eyes widened when he saw someone he shouldnt. "Hyori, what is the meaning of this!"

"What now," she turned but her eyes widened also, "What! How did he get out of the dome?"

"Auugh..." Chin-Hwa cursed countless of times, "fine then.." he was going to strike at those two but the oldest cut in pointing a sword at his throat.

"Your fight is with me... not them," he glared at his younger.

He glared back, "Fine, I guess I have to kill you first then..."

Hyori cursed under her breath, "Well then..." she appeared in front of L.joe, "guess I should have some fun and kill you guys." she smirked.

L.joe glared at her, "Bring it girly..."

 

Chin-Hwa attacked again but missed, again, "Why cant I hit you for once!?!" he screamed.

"Because," he stated, "I am much stronger than you.."

"Shut up!" he swung his sword but he dodged and the sword sliced the tree.

"Chin-Hwa... what do you hope to accomplish after this? What do you plan on doing after killing, after getting your revenge?" he kept on dodging every move he countered, "there is no point in this.... please, lets just stop.."

"No, not after you and Chunji die... I will not stop until you both die. I will avenge Hyo-JIn in this..."

He was confused, "What does Chunji have to do with Hyo-Jin..."

"He killed everyone and made her suffer, so he will get what he deserves..."

"What about you? Did you suffer?"

"Shut up! Stop stalling..." he charged head on but the oldest dissappeared and kicked Chin-Hwa by the waist sending him to hit the ground.

"Please Chin-Hwa... lets stop this..."

Chin-Hwa clutched onto his waist while coughing up blood, "No, not until I do what we came to do..."

He sighed, "You have always been so stubborn...."

Hyori giggled, "Not bad... you are hanging on. Well, considering the fact that your strength is limited and your powers are gone that is..."

L.joe was panting hard. He recieved a deep cut through the shoulder and some other minor bruises, "Shut up..."

Chunji didnt like what he was seeing, "L.joe... are you... o-okay..."

"Im fine Chunji.." he breathing was going back to normal, "just stay where you are.."

"B-but... I can help..." Chunji was begining to stand up but L.joe shouted at him which made Chunji flinch.

"NO, Chunji stay there! Out of everyone, you are the most injured... I still dont know how you can even move..."

"But L.joe..."

"Stay Chunji!"

Chunji gulped but nodded, "O-okay..."

Hyori giggled, "He's right Chunji, besides... I want to save you for last..." she flicked her hand and cuffs were attached to Chunji's wrist and ankles, tying him to the ground, "there, so you wont move..."

Chunji's eyes widened, "Wha..."

L.joe's eyes glared at her with anger, "Let him go!!"

Hyori shook her head, "No can do, I mean-whoa!" she didnt get to finish and had to dodge as L.joe striked. She was quick but not quick enough as the weapon slit her leg. 

"I still dont get how you can still stand up, you look like a broken doll..."

She giggled, "Nice choice of words..." but he was right. Her knees were bending even more now, and her right arm can barely even move since her shoulder was injured. Her head couldnt move either and she was covered in more blood. She dashed to him and swung her mini sword but he ducked and hit her stomach with the hilt of the sword causing her to slam in to a tree.

L.joe took this chance and ran to Chunji, "Dont worry Chunji, I'll cut these off...."

He sniffed, "I'm sorry for all this...."

L.joe sighes and cupped Chunji's cheeks, "Look at me Chunji..." Chunji slowly brought his eyes up, "You idiot, stop saying sorry, none of this is your fault..."

"B-but... everyone is getting hurt.... a-and.."

"Chunji... you have to stop blaming yourself.... it wasnt your fault....."

"*sniff* Wh-why did you come and s-save me..."

L.joe couldnt believe at his question, "Why wouldnt I?"

"D-dont you h-hate me..."

L.joe's eyes widened, "Why would I hate you..."

"Y-you.... th-" Chunji was cut off and his eyes grew big as he felt something soft on his lips.

L.joe shut him up by placing his lips on Chunji's. The kiss was soft, gentle, nice. He pulled away and looked straight into the blushing boys eyes, "Chunji. I dont hate you, I never hated you. In fact, I like you.... no I love you... I really do. You are something... you are different from the rest and I like how you are nice to everyone... too nice.... way too nice... anyway, I like how you are caring, you are special to me and I dont want anything bad to happen to you. I want to protect you, and you getting hurt, keep apologizing, blaming yourself for everything.... it is hurting me to see you in so much pain. I like the happy smiling innocent.... too innocent.... Chunji. No one wants to see you suffer... everyone just wants to see you get home saftely, that's why we all came. So dont put yourself down, and no matter what happens, just remember that everyone we know loves you very much, especially me. I love you Chunji, very much... I really do..." he inhales shraply, "and I cant believe I am confessing everything right now at this moment... in this situation... nice job L.joe.... nice job... really romantic..... ugh... what am I saying I hate romantic things... lets just get these cuffs off of you..." 

As L.joe was working on the cuffs, Chunji grew extremely red, his heart beating really fast. "One cuff off..." L.joe says, "three more..." Chunji brings his left arm up and touches his lips, 'He....he loves me...?'

Hyori stood up slowly very angry, "How.....DARE YOU DO THAT TO ME...." her voice changed greatly. 

"Tch... damn..." L.joe stood up facing her, "took too much time..."

Hyori eyes change to orange. She swung her arm and L.joe flew to a tree and the branches trapped him, "I am going to kill you Chunji.... and let your little friend watch you die...." Chunji's eyes grew big as he desperately try to escape.

"DONT YOU DARE HURT HIM!!!" L.joe shouted trying to break free.

Hyori walked over to Chunji, "Goodbye Chunji..."

His back was slammed to a tree by Chin-Hwa, "You have grown stronger Chin-Hwa.."

"Shut up... I'll do anyhthing to protect Hyo-Jin...."

He chuckles, "Of course.." he turns his head and his eyes grew big, "NO DONT!!!" his voice changed which startled Chin-Hwa. Chin-Hwa turned and saw Hyori above Chunji, and was going to strike. Chin-Hwa was going to turn his head back but was pushed to a nearby rock. He got up and just as Hyori swung her sword she froze.

"Wh-wha... what's going on....." Hyori couldnt move at all. She felt herself crash into a tree but was then lifted into the air.

"I told you... to stay away from him...." his voice sounded deadly, "now... you die.." Hyori gasped as she screamed in pain.

Everyone eyes widened at the sight, "Hyori...." Hyo-Jin said. Hyori's skin was being ripped apart as her bones started shattering and pieces of her limbs started to fall off.

Chunji looked away, not wanting to see the grusome sight. The body then fell to the ground. "NO," Chin-Hwa shouted, "you killed her! You killed Hyori..." 

L.joe was then realeased from the branches and the dome started to die, "Finally we are free!" Changjo shouted. 

"What going on," Ricky asked.

"Oh my god Chunji," Niel ran to him.

"YOU KILLED HYORI, YOU KILLED HER...." Chin-Hwa was furious and charged after him holding nothing back.

"No," Hyo-Jin felt new tears forming, "no.... it wasnt supposed to be like this... this wasnt how things are suppose to end up.... this is all wrong... all wrong..."

"How dare you kill your sister..." Chin-Hwa shouted.

He grew angrier, "Me?!?! How dare you try to kill our brother.... I was only trying to end things nicely but no, it doesnt end up like that...."

"He killed everyone, why shouldnt we!?!?" he striked but missed, "he killed mom and dad!!"

He couldnt contain his anger anymore, "BUT MOM AND DAD TRIED TO EAT HIM!!!!" Chin-Hwa froze at that.

Chunji eyes widened and he turned pale, "Wh-what....."

Niel looked at Ricky, "We didnt know that?"

Ricky gulped, "Well.... I thought I should avoid that part... knowing Chunji will suffer more if he knew..." he nervously laughed.

He cursed under breathe, "Damn.... Chunji didnt know that part...."

Chin-Hwa trembled, "Wh-what... they t-tried to e-eat.... him..."

He sighed, "Yea, I didnt want to say anything..."

Chin-Hwa try to shake it off, "S-so what.. th-that's who we a-are..."

He glared at his younger brother, "Chin-Hwa.... do you know it feels like wanting to be eaten when you are a kid... by your own parents... do you know how it feels like to be in his spot, to suffer through something like that... to be scarred and scared for the rest of your life... it's not pretty... to know that you are really hated enough so that the parents have to eat you just to get rid of you... do you know how much pain that is... do you know much a person has to suffer through that thought, that memory that is stuck with you for life.... it's a miracle that he forgot, who wants to remember that past anyway..."

Chunji started to tremble with tears flowing nonstop, "Th-they try to..."

Shiki hugged him tight, "Chunji, I am sorry... please dont think about... just dont think at all, this was the one thing I didnt want you to find out the most....."

"Th-they... hated me that much..." Chunji tried not to cry but who could keep in something like that.

He turned his head towards Chunji, "Thats why I keep telling you not to blame yourself Chunji, you did nothing wrong... they deserved it.." he turned back to Chin-Hwa, "do you understand now Chin-Hwa?"

"Sh-shut up... just shut up..." he attacked him but the older sidestepped and kick him hard. Chin-Hwa flew across to the side and his eyes widened when he saw that he was going to hit straight into Hyo-Jin. He moved to the side which caused him to hit his neck by the tree. He got up slowly and held onto his neck, "You bastard..." he was going to strike again but something held him back. He turned his head to see Hyo-Jin holding him by the wrist, "Hyo-Jin..."

Tears were streaming down her face, "Chin-Hwa... please, lets just stop this... no more.. no more fighting please..."

His face softens, "Hyo-Jin... but we didnt.."

"I dont care... I dont care anymore Chin-Hwa... please lets just stop.... lets stop all this..."

He nods his head, "Okay Hyo-Jin... I'll stop..." 

She turns her head towards them, "The portal is now open, you have exactly five minutes to get out.... so please hurry..."

The oldest eyes widened knowing what is going to happen, "Hyo-JIn...Chin-Hwa... thank you....thank you so much..." he smiles at them both.

Hyo-Jin smiles back and she turns to Chunji, "And Chunji..."

Chunji looks at her, the cuffs are off and he is standing up still trembling holding onto L.joe. Hyo-Jin looks at him eyes full of emotions, "I'm.... so sorry.."

Those were the last words until a wall was build around those two, blocking them from the others. Chunji burst into tears again. The oldest brother turned to them, "We have to get out and head to the portal, we have less than five minutes before they blow this world up."

"What," Cap eyes widened.

"Wait," Chunji said, "What about them.. arent they.."

"No," he said, "they are going to stay here..."

"But-" Chunji was cut off.

"Chunji, we have to hurry, they will kill you if we bring them along with us," he said.

"But we cant make it there in less than five minutes.." Niel complained.

He shook his head, "No we can... your strength and powers which also includes your speed is back..."

"Okay, then lets go..." Changjo said.

"Wait, but Chunji cant run.." Ricky pointed out.

"I'll carry him..." L.joe said.

Which made Chunji turn red, "I-I can run.. there is n-"

"Chunji, this is not the time to be stubborn," Shiki said and faced the older brother, "Is there a short cut?"

He nodded, "Follow me..."

"Hyo-Jin... are you alright...." Chin-Hwa asked.

She nodded, "Yes I'm fine...  as long as you are here with me...."

"Was it... okay to let them go?"

"Yes... we should let them go... they suffered enough. Are you scared Chin-Hwa...?"

He nuzzled against her tears falling down, "No, as long as you are with me Hyo-Jin.... I will protect you no matter what..."

She hugged him, her head on his chest, "Thank you for being with me all this time..."

He sniffed, "Why wouldnt I be? You are special to me.."

She brought her hand up and carressed his cheek, "Thank you... " she went up and placed a soft kiss on his lips, "thank you..."

Tears kept on falling down his face, "I love you big sis... I always loved you..."

She let out a soft smile, "I love you too Chin-Hwa.... I guess i always have..." and placed another kiss on his lips. This one a long one knowing that this is their last moment.... together.

"There's the portal," he pointed to the now huge portal. As they were drawing near, a shadow creature appeared.

"What!!??" Niel shouted.

"You have got to be kidding me," Changjo groaned.

"Go I'll handle this," the big brother said.

"No I wont leave you," Chunji yelled.

"Go, I promise I'll make it out, just go now! Before it is too late..." he pointed at the portal.

"No... you have to come..." Chunji shouted.

He glared at L.joe, "L.joe run, you people have exactly 10 seconds left...." 

They nodded their heads and ran towards the portal while he distracts the creature.  "NO, he has to come!!! We cant leave him..... "

"Chunji..." L.joe whispers, "he will make it out, he said so himself.... he is doing this to help you get out saftely.

Chunji sobs at L.joe's chest, "He.... has to come... he has to...."

"We have 4 seconds left..." Ricky shouted, "everyone jump!!!!"

Chunji's eyes widened, "What.. no! NOOOOOOO!!!!!" 

He watched them all jump in, and when all of them got in he smiled, "Goodbye Chunji... I will miss you..."

At the other side when they got out, the portal immediately close. They could hear screaming and weapon noises, "They are still in war with us..." Cap stated.

Chunji eyes widened and got off of L.joe. He stood above the now gone portal and collapsed, "Chunji..." Niel said.

"No...NO!" Chunji cried really hard, "NO... OPEN UP! OPEN UP...HE DIDNT GET OUT YET... HE DIDNT GET OUT YET..." Chunji kept hitting the ground as he cried. "HE SAID HE WOULD COME... WHY WOULD HE LIE.... WHY WOULD HE LEAVE ME.... "

"Chunji, you are hurting yourself..." L.joe stopped him and hugged him very tight, "I'm sorry Chunji... I am sorry..."

Chunji continued to cry on his shoulder, "Why... he said he would come... why would he stay and fight with that monster... he couldve ran... why... why L.joe why..."

"I dont know Chunji... i dont know...."

"I dont even know his name.... i dont even know his...." he continued to cry harder.

"I know Chunji.... I know... it's going to be alright... I promise... it's going to be alright..." he hugged Chunji tighter as he continued to comfort him, "It's okay Chunji, it's okay....we will think of something, I promise... we will think of something...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

was it good was it good... i am soo eager to let this chapter out... 

you have no idea how badly i wanted to write this

i hope you enjoy and sorry for some error

and please comment and suscribe

thank you... ^_^