Ch. 6

Protectors

ok i got bored so I decided to write another chapter

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chunji woke up to find himself sleeping in Shiki's bed. He was back to normal, and of course he won't remember a thing. He sat up and winced at the pain, and noticed he was all bandaged up. A maid came in with a glass of water, "Chunji, Shiki-san told me you would be awake at this time so I thought I'd bring you a glass of water." Chunji sighed and took the glass of water, drinking the whole thing and handed back to the maid. Shiki always knows what's happening or what's going to happen so there's no point in tellling him anything. "Would you like anything else Chunji?" the maid asked.

He shook his head, "No thank you." She nodded her head and was about to leave until Chunji said something, "Uhhh..wait, um... are you Shiki-san's personal maid or something, because I see you serving him only."

The maid's face turned pink, "Um, yes. The reason for that is unknown, anything else?" Chunji heard her tone of voice go a bit higher.

"Yea what time is it?"

"About 10:30 pm."

"And what happened, how did I become like this," Chunji looked at himself and wondered if he was in a fight or something.

"Oh, when you were making the potion with the others, you drank something other than your water and fainted, and fell onto the other glasses of liquid, and since then you've been asleep," that wasnt true, and she knows it. She was ordered to tell him that if he even asked, Niel, Cap, and L.joe were ordered to say the same thing also.

"Oh, that must've been some fall," Chunji grabbed the edge of the bed and started to get up. The maid walked over to him helping Chunji up and making sure he doesn't fall. 

"You don't want to sleep anymore," the maid grabbed onto his waist carefully and put his right arm over her shoulder.

"No thanks, can you bring me to where Shiki-san is," the maid smiled and nodded her head, 'He'll be glad that you're awake, even though he won't show it.'

The maid walked him over to the livingroom where they found Cap, L.joe, and Niel there too. He was surprised to see them there, especially at this time of night. "Shiki-san, he's awake." the maid called out to him.

Niel instanly got up and walked towards them, taking the maid's place. Shiki nodded his head, "Thank you," and he signaled for her to go. 

"Are you alright," Niel asked and sat Chunji down beside him, every one was staring at him.

"Umm.....yea I'm fine, w-what's everyone doing here," he started to feel nervous, that everyone was staring at him. Did he fall that badly? Well he didn't fall but he doesn't know that.

"I'm glad to know that you are ok," Shiki said, his face not showing any emotion, so no one could tell if he was glad or not, but he was, "they are here because clan 13 will be attacking us soon so we are thinking of a plan."

"Oh my god, this is serious. Nell can you h-" Chunji stopped at his words, "I mean Niel, sorry. Where did I get that from? Anyway, can you hand me a glass of water."

They all snickered excluding Shiki, "Sure, here." Niel handed him the glass of water

Shiki went on with the plan, "Like I was saying, team 1 will be out all night until dawn, then team 2 will take their place while team 1 rests if they dont attack. Team 3 and 4 will on the sides and in the back if they decide to attack there, team 5 will take gaurd in the inside and the rests will attack when they start their first attack." Shiki went on about the plan and they all listened, "Now you all head to sleep, I will inform the others about this tomorrow." they nodded their head in agreement, they said their goodnights and started to head out the door.

Niel turned around, "Have some rest, I'll see you in the morning, goodnight Chunsu."

Chunji nodded, "Yea, goodn-...wait, did you just call me Chun....su?" Niel smiled and shut the door closed. Chunji stood up, "Nell, I mean Niel... where am I..." he turned towards Shiki, "Shiki, what really happened?"

He stood up and started walking towards the other door in which Chunji came in from, "Trust me, you don't want to know, now lets go to sleep."

Chunji pouted, "Fine whatever, but I'm still taking your bed. And I know you told everyone to say that stupid make believe story about me falling," he mumbled the last sentence while walking out the door. Shiki still heard him though, and he was actually glad that Chunji decided to sleep with him, he actually missed having Chunji sleep with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Shiki alerted everyone that an invasion will be happening and what the plan will be. Chunji who was completely healed found the other three waiting by their doors as usual. "So, this invasion has everyone worked up," Niel said as he watched two people running with a whole new supply of weapons.

"How do you guys fight anyway," Cap asked, "do you guys use armor?"

"No," Chunji answered, "we fight like everyone else, we have the power to defend ourselves."

"What kind of powers do you guys have?"

"Well, not everyone has the same powers, each person has their own individual unique powers. Sometimes they even get to choose. The ones that have more than one, gets more responsibilities, and of course you are placed where you have more advantage, like if you can control water then you are near the river. Plus the lower ranked people are placed with easier jobs, Shiki-san likes to be fair."

"Wait," L.joe interupted, "how did our clan find your place anyway."

Niel shrugged, "I don't know, that's what I would like to know."

Cap started to get intrested in this topic, "What exactly do you guys do?"

Niel and Chunji both stared at him, surprised that they were asked such a unbelievably stupid question, "Well," Chunji started, "we uhh... protect humans, that's one. In order to get to the humans, you have to pass our place which is why you people and other clans can hardly get yourself a human. But they have sneaked pass us before and one of us have to go kill it and protect the humans. Our location changes everytime so it's harder for you guys. But we have failed before and some of us did die because of it letting the humans die. Which is why, some of the older ones go and look for people that have been abandoned and then turned them into us, and as you can see, there are a lot of us. Also we can not let the humans know that anyhting.... supernatural is going on so we heal the humans and erase their memories so they cant remember a thing, oh and we all have healing abilitiles, and..... seriously, do I still have to keep explaining, I thought you guys knew all of this. And my voice is getting really tired."

"No sorry, it's just intresting," Cap said, and the other two just looked at him like he was crazy.

"Okay, then tell us about your clan," Niel asked.

"What's there to know," L.joe said, annoyed by all this history lesson, "We go hunt humans to gain power, and eat them, that's all."

"Yea, that's all there to it," Cap agreed.

"Why are we just standing here, lets go," L.joe decided to lead the way.

"Sure but," Chunji coughed, "I need to get some w-water first," he was rubbing his throat by all the talking he did.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Shiki-san, here are the paperworks," the maid came in handing him the papers.

"Thank you."

"Shiki-san..." the maid hesitated to ask, "Um, h-how did they find our location that quickly, I mean it's the quickest they ever found us."

He was quiet for while then said, "They didn't, they didn't find our location at all."

Her eyes widen, "Then could it be, someone exsposed our location."

"That would be my guess."

"W-was it......him.."

"I think it was, I mean who else would it be," Shiki was panicking on the inside and the maid knew it, she walked over to him resting her hand on his shoulder.

"So i'm guessing, he's after him, what are you going to do?"

"I believe he's after him too, and I do not know what I'll do yet," the maid wanted to comfort him but it didn't work, it never does.

-------------------------------------------

They walked into the cafeteria, and Chunji got his water. Niel turned around and his eyes widen, "God, here comes trouble." they all turned around to see a group of guys coming towards them, Cap cursed under his breathe and L.joe glared becoming furious. It was the group of people that pushed Chunji to the wall causing him to get hurt. Chunji looked around and was very confused, he didn't know what was going on at all. Their leader came into L.joe's face, "Hey, pretty boy, I came to give back what you gave me yesterday, now man up and dont be a wimp cuz I dont want to spenf my day on this."

L.joe smirked and chuckled, "Says the guys who ran away yesterday after one punch in the face, so who's the wimp here now sissy."

He sneered and was going to say something until Cap stepped in, "Do we have to do this now, I mean we're going to get invaded by some clan in less than 24 hours."

"Stay out of this, this isn't your fight," he glared at Cap.

Chunji pulled Niel to the side, "What's going on Niel, who are thses people?"

Niel looked at the others nervously then back at Chunji, "Some people that were messing with L.joe yesterday."

"Your cocky pretty boy," he was about to punch him but L.joe was faster, alittle to fast, and deflected it punching him in the gut but not too seriously, he forgot to control his speed but at least he controled his strength.

"That's enough, all of you," Shiki was walking towards them and turned to the group of guys, "You people, leave now or unless you want to be punished again." his voice was serious and had the hint of danger.

"N-n-no, we are s-s-sorry Shiki-san," and with that they scampered away.

Shiki turned towards the others, "Come along, all of you." They all followed him to this room with all sorts of new advanced weapon.

"Woah..." Niel never seen these before.

"Cap and L.joe," Shiki said, "since you are going to fight with your own clan then I will give you two a new plan to where you will attack, and although you might not need it, I expect you two to pick a weapon."

They nodded and was really liking the fact that they get to use these new unknown weapon. "Wait," Chunji said, "then why are Niel and I here?"

"Because.... it just doesnt feel right without all four." Chunji sighed. Shiki walked over to a table and handed each of them a cellphone, "Here is a cellphone for each of you, these are to contact each other during the war. " They nodded understanding what they were told.

------------------------------------------------

It was around 10:00 pm and team 1 started to head out to their position. Chunji walked in the living room heading to his room to take a quick nap but was stopped by Shiki, "Chunji......"

"Hmmm........" he turned to face him.

"I don't want you to fight in this invasion."

He was shocked and couldn't believe what he was hearing, "What!!??!! Why? Is there something wrong?" Shiki didn't say anything, he didn't want to. Chunji was started to get mad, "Why cant I fight in this war?"

"It's not a war, it's a invasion, and I just dont want you to fight in this one."

"Why, do you think I'm weak or I'll just be in the way?" he was getting madder each second, he actually prepared for this and now he's being told he cant fight!!??

"No, of course not," Shiki said bluntly.

"No!!! I want to know why? You just cant expect me to do everything you want without giving me an explaination." Chunji was furious, he's not going to do everything Shiki says just cuz he says do.

"This is not the time to be stubborn Chunji."

"I'll be stubborn if I want to be, (deja vu) and I am going to fight in this invasion. You cant tell what I can and cant do."

"Chunji please, l-"

"No, i'm going to fight in this weather you like it or not."

"Chunji-" before he could even finish Chunji slammed the door shut. Shiki stood there, looking at the door, then he punched the table he was next to really hard and it broke in half causing his hand to bleed, Chunji wasnt the only one mad, so was Shiki. The maid came in and started to bandage Shiki's hand up.

"What are you going to do Shiki-san?" she asked.

"I don't know, but I'm not going to let him hurt Chunji."

"Then... are you going to..."

"Yes," he stated, "bring out the equipment, I will also be fighting in this."

------------------------------------------------------------

okay, my sixth chapter, sorry if it's short

can you guys help think of a name for the maid

~~~~~

:)

.....