New Worker?

In Love With Zhang Yixing

 

"Hello?" You answered.


"Hello, is this the boss?" the other line asked. He sounded pretty young. 


"Er no, but are you calling in for the employee spot?"


"Yes" he answered. 


"Hold on a minute please." 


"Dad!" you called, “someone’s calling about work!" 

 

"Coming!" your dad said, rushing over to take the phone. The conversation went on for a while and your dad finally closed the phone.


"So?" your mom asked excitedly.


"He's still a college student, so I had to negotiate his pay a bit, but he seems to have a lot of experience. He said he can start working the day after tomorrow."


"College, eh... Our Bommie's going to college soon too." 


You flashed them a smile. Quite frankly, you weren't that excited to be going to college. You heard it was a load of work and a lot of snobby people, and you hated homework, classwork, any type of work the most! And what you hated second most was annoying, snobby people. College was probably not going to be your thing.


But you were excited to meet this new worker. You just hoped he was hot and not snobby.  

 

Today was the long awaited ‘day after tomorrow.' You normally were a boy fanatic and had crushes on any cute guy you saw, so this was typical. It would to waste your time and fall in love with another druggie. You put some more effort into your clothing today and even wore make up, which was one of the rarest things ever. 

Whenever the door played music when it was opened, you would excitedly look up. None of them was him though. While you were munching on a snack at 4 pm, he came. You looked up with crumbs dangling off the edges of your mouth. You looked up and saw a cute boy looking back at you. 


"Yes?" you asked, wiping away your crumbs in embarrassment that such a cute boy saw your messy eating habits. 


"Ah, I'm here to report to work." He replied shyly.


Your eyes widened. You felt more embarrassed than ever. It was the new cute worker that saw your messy eating habits, not just any random customer! 
You immediately opened another set of doors for him to enter. 


"T-this way please." you bowed your head slightly. You have no idea why you did that. You always lost your guard around cute boys, and now that you even got to talk to one, wow, if you weren't on cloud nine you don't know what you were on. 


"M-mom! Dad! The new worker has arrived!" you tried not to yell too loud, your friends always told you were too loud and it was unlady like. 


"Welcome! You're finally here! Introduce yourself!" your dad warmly welcomed him. 


"Hello, I'm Zhang yixing and I’m 21 years old. I’m Pleased to meet you guys." 


"Welcome, yixing! You can just call me Mrs., yi and my husband, boss. I believe we'll become just like family even though it's always a little awkward in the beginning!" your mom reassured him. 

Mom, you thought, you sound like I'm being wed to him and he's joining our family or something. Oh wait, I'm just thinking too much oh my god. You shook the thoughts away. 


"Bommie, hurry up and introduce yourself!" your parents whispered. 


"Ah, uhh I'm Bommie and I'm 17. Pleased to meet you," you awkwardly said. 


Yixing bowed politely. The whole day you tried your best to appear feminine in front of him. You crossed your legs when sitting, instead of the usual man posture. (legs spread apart, LOL i Usually sit like this) you ate as slow as possible, and cleaned up everything on your plate when you ate, You pretended to be weak, while in reality, you could easily carry three stacks of packed water with no effort. You had no idea where you got all this man power from. It would be no good if he saw how unlady like you were. 


One time he took off his sweater, probably because it got too hot inside the restaurant, leaving him wearing a wife beater, you swore you could have dug your grave right there. You just couldn't stop looking at his muscles. He must have toned abs too, you thought. I wonder how they look like... You trailed off to wonderland, not even catching what the new worker yixing said to you. 


"Bommie? Earth to Bommie~" he waved a hand in front of your face. 


"Huh?" you gave him a dazed look. 


"It’s time to go home now." he smiled. You noticed he had a one sided dimple. Oh my god he just gets cuter and cuter, you thought. You wanted to poke his dimple so bad. 


"Oh thanks." you still looked dazed. 


He smiled one more time before walking away to get his things. 


"Do you have somewhere to stay for the night?" you heard your dad ask. You moved your head back as far as possible to eavesdrop on their conversation. You felt like a stalker, but that didn't matter right now. 


"Ah yes, I'm going back home to sleep." Poopy, you thought. You pouted your lips. 

"If traveling back and forth is inconvenient for you, we have an extra room in our house." Your dad suggested. 


You couldn't hide your Growing smile. You loved your dad so much right now. You just hoped that Yixing would say yes. 


"Umm..."  Your heart sped up as you anticipated more and more. "Let me call grandma and ask first." 

You heard him on the phone. He probably finished talking since he said, “please excuse me for having me in your house then, boss."

YES! You fist pumped the air, only slightly so your dad and Yixing wouldn't see. I’ll be living under the same roof with a cute and hot guy, oh lord, this is heaven, you thought to yourself.