Month before Assessment

Hanging Round the Bad Boy

     A few months past by, it was now almost mid term, Summative Assessments are coming in a month, and the tutor section has to begin. Suddenly in lunch time while you were eating your sandwich reading your favourite series alone on the playground, while two of your friends rested their legs on the school swings. The meanies walked towards you, you tried to pretend you didn't see them coming and continued reading your book. Suddenly, L.Joe pushed his face right infront of yours (you immediantly back your face up and blush a bit) and said "Assessment week is coming in a month, and we're having math assessment first, I need more time in Maths. So when are we starting this tutoring section? I want to get good grades so I don't have to bother having this tutoring section again."

    You thought : Why do I have to help him when he doesn't even want to help himself ?! "It depends when you have time."

"Then we'll start this Saturday, meet me in Starbucks in 2:00pm straight."

"Okkay, remember to bring your books, stationary and paper, I won't be providing those."

"Sure." And L.Joe made a grin and walked away.

Ronnie and Lara walked towards you and said "There is something fishy about him, don't you think, why is he always trying to get your attention." Lara continued "we've been thinking, he might have a crush on you."

"Guys your putting too much thought in this, it's ridiculous" you replied.

​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​~~~

    You arrived at Starbucks and looked around for L.Joe, he waved at you and you walked over to him. He said "I was thinking of doing Maths, I'm good in English, so I only need your help in Math, Science, Geographies and History." You started revision with L.Joe, you realized he was actually a very bright student, and could easily achieve 80% of correct answers once he understood the basic rules of the Math questions. But you do not understand why he did not put a bit more effort to get better grades. You decided to ask him "You actually are a bright student, why don't you put a bit more effort to achieve better grades"

"Cause I dont' want to put more effort and I don't want to bother with education, I love music and will only focus on music"

"Yeah well, I think your just trying to keep your position as bad boy and get attention from people. Because if you hate this tutoring section you would try every method just to get away from it." You noticed his face got a bit shocked and pinkish, but you pretend you didn't see anything and went to get a drink.

    After having 2 weeks of tutoring sections, you decided that L.Joe is prepared for the assessment and allowed him to take a rest from tutoring for the last week, so his mind won't be clouded with too much stuff.

     After the Math assessments were given back to us, you found out that L.Joe, who normally gains around 65 marks out of  100 marks, has scored 85 marks this time. (School time is only to 12:00 for assessment week) During lunch time, you sat alone in the Cafeteria, because both your friends decided to celebrate in the theme park, you denied the invitation, because you wanted to eat lunch quietly alone. Suddenly, your two friends appeared beside you and Ronnie said "We were thinking we should wait for you after you eat lunch, and we'll go to the theme park together." "Yea, it'll be much more fun, oh and why does L.Joe keep looking at you? ^^" said Lara. You said "I don't know, I don't pay attention to him." After hearing what Lara said you look towards L.Joe and see him turn his head away from you.

    You finish lunch and decided to go with your friends to the theme park, you felt a tight grip pulling your hand back, you turned around and there was L.Joe standing. He said "Since the Math assessment is handed back to us today, my mother would want to meet you and thankyou, she has probably ordered some afternoon tea, so you better come to my home with me."

"But.. But I'm going out with my friends to the theme park" you replied (Your two friends decided to push you towards him and said : go we'll go out another day kekke~)