Destined to meet~

My robot buddy~

 

“Zelo, I’m leaving for school. Don’t make a mess in the house and stay out of trouble ok? Can I count on you?” I asked.

 

“Of course you can, professor Lee would never send an irresponsible robot to he’s house after all.” He answered casually.

 

“True. Oh, what about you’re charging?” I asked concerned.

 

“What about it? I already recharged yesterday, so I’m good for about a week I guess.” He assured.

 

“Alright. Umm one more thing---“ I started.

 

“I’ll contact you if there’s an emergency.” He continued.

 

“Do you have a mind reader program by any chance?” I asked suspiciously.

 

“I’m not psychic. Your just easy to read.” He shrugged.

 

“Gee thanks. Alright then I leave the house to you. Take good care of it.” I gave him one last look and headed out.

 

-I wonder what robots usually do alone at home? – I kept imagining the list of possibilities a robot may do home alone. He might be inventing something, or beating high scores of strategy games, or flying somewhere, or maybe practicing he’s bionic skills like dangling over a chandelier or cracking nut shells or even wrestling with a vacuum cleaner. –Ok that last one is just stupid-

 

Morning classes finally ended and it was lunchtime, as usual after finishing my lunchbox I head over to the library where I would usually meet up with sonjin eonni but surprisingly she wasn’t there, so I decided to read some books instead.

 

-Hmm, what should I read for today? – I went through the aisle of fiction books and looked for something eye-catching. Then finally something interesting caught my eye. The title was ‘My life as a robot’. As soon as I grabbed it, it was slightly pulled from the other side. But I didn’t let go I pulled back, and the other side did the same. –A competition huh? I won’t lose that easily! - I pulled up my sleeve and pulled harder but the other side kept a strong grip on the book.

 

“Aish!” A deep voice complained. As soon as I heard the other party’s voice I let go. When the book was finally off the shelf a guy peeked in between the opening.

 

“So it was you who was pulling from that side.” He said looking directly at me. –Ah pabo, why am I still standing here? –

 

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiiing*

 

-Yes the bell! – I sighed in relief, bowed at the peeking eyes and left the library without another word.

 

 

,. Yongguk’s pov.,

 

I tried looking for that book again, the one my brother loved but I couldn’t find it. I was just about to give up when something caught my eye. ‘My life as a robot’ –Finally! Found it- As soon as I tried to pull the book out someone pulled it back to the other side. We kept pulling the book back and forth until I finally got irritated.

 

“Aish!” I sighed angrily. To my surprise the other side let go. I wondered who was the one behind the pulling so I peeked through the shelves.

“So it was you who was pulling from that side.” I looked directly at her. –It’s that girl from before-

I was about to greet her properly when the bell rang. Relief crossed her face and then bowed at me and left without another word. –I think I scared her off. Way to go bang yongguk. Cham! –*Sigh* I looked back at the book that was finally in my hands and tilted my head. –She was interested in this too? -

 

 

,. Zoe’s pov.,

 

After the long day at school, I was glad to finally reach home. As soon as I entered our living room I slumped tiredly on the sofa and let out a loud sigh.

 

“Vrrum vrrum~ Zoom~ Eeeh~ whoosh~” I looked at my left and saw Zelo squatting on a chair while imitating the sound of a racecar. He was watching a car race on TV. –He looks excited. At least one of us had a great time- 

 

I decided to get up and head to my room and take a shower. When I finished I head back to the living room. The TV was off and Zelo was sitting normally on the sofa while staring into space.

 

“Don’t let your thoughts drown you.” I said as I sat across him. He looked at me confused.

 

“You looked like you were deep in your thoughts.” I explained. “What are you thinking about?” I asked in curiosity.

 

“I’m attending your school tomorrow. The professor already enrolled me.” He calmly said.

 

“Wait what?” I almost choked on my own saliva.

 

“You want me to repeat?” He asked.

 

“Yes, please.” I answered, hoping that I heard wrong.

 

“By tomorrow I’ll be your new schoolmate, and classmate. The professor made sure we were both on the same class and had the same class schedules. He also sent money, he said we had to go shopping for my school supplies today.” He informed.

 

“Your kidding right?” I sighed tiredly. –Oh man, I hate being sent on errands. Aish-

 

*Beep beep beep*

 

I pressed the answer button on the H-pad to receive the call.

 

“Annyeong Zoe-ya~” He sang. I raised an eyebrow at him and crossed my arms.

 

“I see your kind of upset.” He laughed nervously.

 

“Appa!” My tone in just that one word already said everything I needed to say.

 

“Ok I understand why you’re like this, first I send a bionic robot to you who is a boy. Then I enroll him to the same school you’re in, and now I’m sending you on an errand to buy him school things. Did I miss anything?” he smiled innocently.

 

“An explanation.” I said firmly.

 

“Oh yeah that’s right. Well you see I didn’t want you to be lonely so I sent you company, and I enrolled him to school to…ah…to…himchan a little help here please~” He pretended to rub fake sweat off he’s forehead.

 

“To help him learn how to act like a real boy.” He explained.

 

“Yep that’s right. And now you two have to go buy things for school. I added extra money so you can buy other things that you like.” He smiled happily.

 

“Araso, although I’m still not convinced by the whole thing I don’t really have a good reason to protest.” I sighed in defeat. –It’s hard to overcome appa’s smile. Plus I’m too tired to argue. Cham-

 

“Or if you’re too tired to go out today, zelo can skip he’s first day tomorrow and you can just go buy the things then.” He suggested.

 

“Ani-yo it’s better if we do it on time so it won’t be a bother in the future.” I stated.

 

“Well said. That’s my girl.” He said proudly.

 

“How’s the experiment coming along?”

 

“Still working on it. I’m trying my best to succeed so I can return to you quick.” He smiled.

 

“I’m counting on it. Alright guess we better buy the stuff before it gets dark. Talk to you later appa. Take care~ Fighting!” I raised my fists in encouragement and waved. We both logged off and I turned to zelo.

 

“Ready?” I asked.

 

“Always.” He made thumbs up.

 

“So you’re saying you’ll go out in pajamas?” I raised an eyebrow. He looked at he’s clothes and realized he had to change. After we both changed our clothes we took the bus to the mall.

 

“Alright we’re here. We’ll have to buy your uniform at school though, so that will be tomorrow.”

 

“I already have one, Himchan hyung sent it to me using the teleporter.” He shrugged.

“We have a teleporter?” I asked in disbelief. He nodded. “And how did Himchan oppa get you a uniform if he’s in jeju?” I asked in curiosity.

 

“He printed it out using the POA printer. Stands for ‘print Out Anything printer’. And yes your dad invented it, and no it was himchan hyung’s idea again. And again no, I’m not psychic. Your expression is just easy to read.” He answered before I could even ask.

 

“To that extent seriously? Cham. Then don’t expect any surprise gifts from me, if I’m that easy to read then surprises are as good as impossible.” I sighed.

–On the bright side I don’t have to worry about surprising him for he’s birthday, or the New Year, or any other event. But then I wouldn’t be able to prank him at all~! Bummer-

 

We finally finished buying all the things that he needed for school and even bought a few snacks to eat later at home, and yakult! Sadly ice cream was crossed out of the list.

 

“Ah I’m hungry.” I said while crunching my lollipop. Suddenly Zelo’s tummy made noises. “Guess I’m not the only one.” I pointed out. He rubbed he’s neck awkwardly.

 

“I know just the place.” I gleefully said and pulled Zelo’s hand. There was a bakery shop not far from the mall that my dad and I usually go to. They serve the freshest bakeries I’ve ever tasted. -Just thinking about it makes me almost drool-

 

“Welcome~” The staff greeted.

 

“Eonni I’ll have the usual.” I said.

 

“Araso, what about him?” He pointed at zelo who kept rubbing he’s tummy in circular motion. “Same for him.”

 

“Zelo go get us a table I’ll bring the food over.” He nodded and headed to an empty table.

 

I was admiring the well-designed cakes on display then suddenly a guy bumped me out of the blue. He then bowed and apologized at the same time. –Weird, is he ok? Why would he bump into me when clearly he should walk straight? Does he have direction issues or something? Aigoo-

 

When the staff eonni finally finished filling our dinks she set our order on the counter. 2 fresh strawberry harmonicas, 2 strawberry cheesecakes and 2 hot chocolates. –Wah come to mama-

 

Before taking the tray, I dug in my backpack for my wallet. –Huh it’s not here. Where is it? –

 

“Ah please wait.” I asked the staff. I looked again in my bag but it wasn’t there. I checked my pockets-Empty! Ahh what am I going to do now? – I was about to apologize to the staff and cancel the order when someone stopped me and handed cash to her instead.

 

“Oh gomawo Zelo.” As soon as I looked up my eyes rounded in surprise and I immediately bit my lip.

-It’s him! That sanbae that the hoobaes avoid. They say he’s super creepy with a deep voice, most guys avoid him, some girls like him because of his mysterious bad boy image, as for me I’m not good with guys so I’ll just avoid. But he just paid for me. Shouldn’t I at least thank him? –

 

-(in the hoobae’s eyes-a scary looking sanbae)-

 

*Snap*

 

“Hello~? Anyone there?” He snapped his fingers again.

-Aish I’ve been preoccupied with my thoughts that I’m standing frozen in front of him. What should I do? What should I say? Help! –

 

“Your funny.” He chortled.

 

“Do I look like a clown to you?” I snapped. –Aish, why the heck did I just say that? Thank him you pabo! –

 

“Ah…” I avoided he’s gaze and lowered my head in embarrassment.

 

“Gomawo~ isn’t that what your suppose to say?” He gently said then ducked his head to meet my gaze.

 

“Ah byanae-yo. Gomawo-yo~” I finally said. Looking directly at him like this makes me realize he’s not actually as bad as the others say. He’s actually quite handsome. I must’ve looked pretty silly cause he suddenly chuckled at my expression.

 

“I’m bang yongguk by the way, we attend the same school.” He introduced.

 

“Ah de. I’m aware.” I said quietly. He nodded his head and waited for me to continue. “I’m Lee Zoe, freshman.”

 

“Nice to meet you Zoe~” He smile brightly. And held out his hand for me to shake. –He looks better when he smiles. It gives off a warm aura –

 

 

 

He waited for me to shake his hands so I finally held out mine; right when I was about to shake he’s hand my wallet appeared on it.

 

“How did…” I wondered.

 

“That guy who bumped into you stole it. Better keep your guard up next time.” Zelo casually said. –He chased after the thief while I was here imprisoned by awkwardness! –

 

“Your welcome.” He shrugged then carried the tray away and went back to the table. Sanbae and me looked at him blankly. –If he weren’t a robot I’d question the whole ‘act cool’ thing –

 

“Ah, here.” I took out the money I owned sanbae and held it out to him.

 

“Think of it as my treat.” He pushed my hand away and winked. After that he just went back to he’s table.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

:: First apearance of Bang yongguk~ ^^ From here on out, the real adventure begins xD 

Well it's leading to it~ xD

ps: Today I was watching a show on disney channel, and something surprised me, in the show the future version of the main

character came to the present and guess what? He had a 'holo-phone'. Just like Zoe's 'Holo-pad' in the story~

And it was actually called a 'Holo-phone' o.o 

I wonder,, could this mean that there's a posibility that there will be 'holo-phones' or 'holo-pads' in the future?

If that's the case, I sure want one. What about you guys? xD

Pyeong~ =]★