: FInal chapter~

My robot buddy~

 

 

Zelo’s hand was struggling to keep its grip on my neck. There was also a change in his expression and his eyes weren’t as cold as before.

-He’s fighting it! –

 

“Zoe…I’m sorry.” Zelo whispered but then Suddenly Zelo’s eyes changed they were cold again and different.

-No no! Not again! –

 

Zelo’s grip got tighter again but before he could really kill me, he was tasered and fell unconscious on the ground making me collapse numbly at his release.

-What happened…? –

 

“I was afraid this was going to happen. Sorry I was late Zoe.” Himchan oppa said.

 

“O…ppa.” I tried to speak.

 

“Zoe Are you ok? Sorry we’re late were here now,” Daehyun rushed to my side. He was breathing heavily as he tried to figure out what happened to me.

 

“Is Zelo going to be ok?” I forced myself to say.

 

Himchan oppa looked at me then at Zelo sadly. His expression wasn’t one that carried good news.

 

“Oppa…is he going to be ok?” I asked again. He lowered his head and avoided my gaze. “Why won’t you answer me?...”

 

“OPPA!” I shouted as tears started to fall down. Suddenly I felt a pain near my heart and let out a gasp.

 

“Zoe stop, you’re hurting yourself.” Daehyun held my shoulder to calm me down.

-Zelo can’t possibly be… No! Why won’t you answer me himchan oppa? –

 

Even though I knew that moving or talking would only make my condition worse I still forced myself to move over next to Zelo, so I started crawling my way to him.

 

“Zoe stop!” Daehyun grabbed me but I made him let go and continued towards Zelo.

 

Every movement was painful. With every step, electrical surge would make my whole body twitch in pain. But in the end I still managed to reach Zelo.

 

“Zelo, you have to be ok.” I whispered as I bent down over him.

 

“You heard me before didn’t you?” I poked his cheek three times while my tears fell onto he’s face.

-Zelo is someone I can’t be without. -

 

“Zoe! Zelo!” Yongguk oppa rushed over. “What the heck happened?” He asked worriedly. “Are we too late?” He looked at Zelo with an anxious expression.

 

“Zoe, we have to fix your condition before it gets worse.” Daehyun nudged but I didn’t budge. I sat still beside Zelo. Even though it hurts I stayed still.

 

“I can help her!” The girl who tricked me came.

 

“Who are you?” Daehyun grabbed her arm before she could approach me.

 

“Some one who’s in debt to her. I have the cure just let me heal her. Then I’ll turn myself in.” She looked at him straight in the eyes with a serious expression.

 

“So you’re one of them? Why do you want to help her?” Daehyun asked cautiously.

 

“Because I want my sister to be able to meet her someday, that way she can sing personally to her.” She smiled at me, and then she injected me with something. After the injection, my body felt relieved from all the electric waves that were surfing my body. All of it disappeared.

 

“Thanks for opening my eyes Zoe, from now on I’ll be a good sister.” She hugged me then turned herself in to the police that were around.

 

“How are you feeling?” Daehyun looked at me worriedly.

 

“Better.” I nodded. “Oppa, you still didn’t answer…” I looked down sadly at Zelo.

 

“Zoe…I’m taking Jun hong back with me to Jeju.” Himchan oppa announced.

 

“Why’d you call Zelo that?” Yongguk oppa suddenly asked in surprise.

 

“That’s Zelo’s real name, before he became a bionic.” He explained.

 

“What’s he’s surname?” Yongguk oppa stood up as if he’d seen a ghost.

 

“Is this really the time to research he’s identity?” Daehyun sighed.

 

“Bang Jun hong.” Himchan oppa said. Suddenly yongguk oppa fell to the ground and he’s eyes became teary.

 

“Sorry I didn’t tell you sooner, I just found out from the professor a couple of weeks ago.” Himchan oppa lowered his head in shame.

-What’s going on? –

 

“And still you didn’t even say a single word?” Yongguk oppa’s tears started to fall as he looked at Zelo. “Four years…”

 

“I’m sorry.” Himchan oppa apologized.

 

“If you take him with you will you be able to save him?” Yongguk oppa asked in a serious tone.

-That’s exactly my question… -

 

“I…” Himchan oppa hesitated. I looked at him and waited for he’s reply anxiously.

 

“If you’re taking him, then I’m coming too.” Yongguk oppa said quietly.

 

“There’s no use—“ Himchan oppa was cut off.

 

“I CAN’T PART FROM MY BROTHER AGAIN!” Yongguk oppa shouted. “That’s why…at least take me with you.” He cried.

 

“Brother…?” I repeated quietly, trying to sink it in.

-They were real brothers all along and they never knew it… -

 

“Alright. We’ll have to leave now if we want to save Zelo. By each passing minute the virus gets closer to destroying the chip that supports his heart.” He said. “Zoe…” He called quietly.

 

“You just said every minute counts, go.” I nodded. Then they lifted Zelo off the ground.

 

“Oppa…” I called. “Tell appa, he has to save Zelo’s life no matter what.” I looked at Zelo one last time before they carried him off.

-Appa’s going to save him, he won’t let him die. He saved him once, so he can save him again. –

 

I bit my lower lip and made my hands into tight fists to prevent myself from crying or running after them. I lowered my head and closed my eyes shut. Suddenly I felt warm hands on mine.

 

“Zoe…” Daehyun called softly. “You don’t have to hold it in.” He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

 

“I know it’s hard and I know you’re scared, you don’t have to force yourself to be strong anymore.” He said warmly.

 

“Just because you cry once in a while doesn’t mean you’re weak, it’s because you’ve been strong for too long.” He hugged me. At that moment all the fear and sadness I felt poured out all at once, I was crying my heart out.

-It’s been a long time since I cried like this, ever since I started acting tough I’ve forgotten most of my fears. I never realized how scared I really Am. –

 

 

 

~One year later~

 

I would always call my dad for news everyday, but every time he would tell me the same thing, that the results are still uncertain or that the outcome is still undetermined. That’s all he ever told me… In the end I ended up getting answered by voice mail, till I finally stopped calling and just waited for the news.

 

This past year has been very quiet and lonely, I didn’t hear anything new about Zelo, I haven’t seen my dad for a long time and just a couple of months ago Daehyun left because of a new case he had to take care of. The only one I had left was sonjin, but even she was too busy sometimes because of her new baby sister. Yongguk oppa is not here either he hasn’t returned ever since the day he left with Zelo to Jeju, he hasn’t been keeping contact either.

-I’m back to feeling lonely again Omma. I miss everyone, especially… *sigh* I just hope he’s ok. -

 

“Well it’s the holidays…what should we do now Domo?” I ruffled his fur.

-At least you’re here… -

 

This is the story behind Domo being here with me, one day I went to the park near our house when suddenly Domo approached me out of nowhere. I think he ran away from home because he felt lonely too.

 

Without any specific plans in mind or the mood to do something, I decided to open my laptop then I remembered my classmate told me to watch a video of her and her friends rapping, so I typed in the title of the video ‘Rapping friends’ and clicked searched.

 

I saw her account name and was about to click her video when I noticed another video below it titled ‘Wishing on a firework’ the description below said:

 

A story that’s full of love, passion, friendship and bravery.

 

When I opened the video a young little girl appeared she was smiling warmly at the camera as she started telling her story.

 

“A year ago, I was this sick little girl who has been stuck in the hospital for years, I had no one else left with me only my sister but she was always not around because of work. One day she paid me a visit after a very long time. She said she had a present for me; she made me watch a video of four best friends performing in a mall. There were 3 talented boys and one beautiful girl with an amazing voice. She told me that she was very thankful to that girl for opening her eyes. If that girl is watching this video right now, I want to thank you for bringing my sister back to the way she was before~” She smiled sincerely.

 

After telling her story, another video showed. It was a video of us when we performed at the mall square. We looked very happy and we were really enjoying ourselves. Then it showed the part where Zelo said his wish and the fireworks exploded in the sky.

 

“My wish is to always be able to protect the person I love.”

 

“I wish I could’ve protected you…” I whispered to myself as tears threatened to fall.

 

*Buzz* *Buzz*

 

The holo-pad was vibrating, which means there’s a call. From appa! I wiped my teary eyes right away and answered the call.

 

“Hi Zoe-ya~” Appa greeted lovingly.

 

“Appa…you actually called.” I said quietly, surprised.

 

“Sorry for not calling back for a long time Zoe. I really am.” He lowered his head in shame.

 

“At least you called now.” I said, uncertain.

 

“I know you’ve been waiting for so long Zoe, so I’ll just cut to the point,” He began. I listened attentively; all my senses were only focused on him.

 

“I dropped off a friend, so you’ll have to take care of him from now on arachi~ see you soon bye love you~” He said in fast speed, waved goodbye and hang up.

-A friend…here? Could it be… -

 

Without any second thoughts I ran to my dad’s room and scanned it, but it was empty. Then I remembered our first meeting, he was hanging from a chandelier. I headed to the hallway and looked at every spot and still no one there.

-Boya! There’s no one here. –

 

Suddenly I heard noise in the living room and Domo started barking.

-Is he there? –

 

I rushed to the living room and found Domo barking at the long lamp.

 

“What is it boy?” I went to him.

 

“Meow~”

 

I looked up at the lamp to find a fluffy blondish cat with a pink nose, pink tail, and pink ears.

 

“Yah, How’d you get up there?” I reached for the cat and it willingly jumped into my arms.

 

“Kyowo~ Where’d you come from?” I asked the cat. There was a letter attached to the collar so I took it out and read it while Zacho jumped off my embrace.

 

‘Zoe-ya appa is sorry for being a bad father. But I hope you can do this request for me, please take care of this cat till I come back he’s name is Zacho~ Love you Zoe take care always. Love appa.’

 

“APPA!” I shouted in frustration.

-This is the ‘friend’ that he wanted me to take care of? What am I a-- -

 

“Meow~” Zacho purred.

 

“Ahh! This is frustrating cheongmal! What am I a daycare!” I ruffled my hair in annoyance.

 

“Ah-Ah testing testing~” A voice in speaker tone suddenly spoke.

 

“Great! What now? More friends?” I sighed annoyingly.

 

“Oooohh~” The voice blew.

 

“What is it this time a real ghost?” I gritted my teeth. “Ahh I’m going crazy cham!”

 

“You look funny too~” The voice commented.

 

“Boya… Is it really a ghost? How come that voice is all over the house?” I turned my head left and right in caution. “This is creeping me out. >-<’” I shook my head.

 

“Listen up yo!” The voice demanded. I was already creeped out so I don’t really have another choice but to stay put and listen.

-Could it be the kidnapers again, trying to play a prank on me? But that’s impossible our home security’s tight, so unless they know the security there’s no way in. Is it really a ghost? –

 

“There was once a boy who almost lost he’s life. Everyone thought that he had no more hope to live. He spent half of he’s childhood in the hospital and was very ill,” The voice began.

-He’s telling a story? Is this ghost perhaps trying to ask me for help? O-O –

 

“One day the doctor came in with his daughter to check up on the boy’s condition. The daughter watched quietly on the chair while her dad checked the patient. When she saw the boy having trouble breathing her tears started to fall, so she told her dad ‘Appa you have to save Zelo’s life no matter what.’ The boy was surprised to hear those words. Suddenly the father asked ‘Why did you call him Zelo?’ She answered, ‘Because he looks stronger than he thinks, just like an unbreakable fighter robot’.” He the voice chuckled softly.

 

“After that day, I promised to myself that if I ever get healed, I’d always protect that girl no matter what.”

 

“Zelo?” I called.

I waited but no one answered. The voice was gone and all was left was silence. Even the cat and the dog felt silent. It suddenly felt gloomy.

 

All of a sudden my body felt heavy and there was a sharp feeling in my heart. I squatted down as I leaned on the sofa and buried my head in between my arms.

 

“I miss that bionic brat…” I breathed softly.

 

“I’m no brat! I’m your bionic buddy~” I looked up to find myself face to face with Zelo who’s squatted down in front of me. “Annyeong Jun hong-imnida~ but you can call me Zelo since you specially picked it out for me~” He winked.

 

“Zelo you’re…” I couldn’t believe my eyes.

 

“I missed you Zoe.” He poked my cheek.

 

“You…” I leaned in closer to see if he was real and cupped he’s face. “It’s really you…”

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry I kept you waiting for too long.” He rubbed he’s neck while he smiled nervously.

 

“YOU JERK!” I hit him hard on the head, which sent him tumbling backwards.

 

“AHH! APPO! Yah! Why’d you hit me, didn’t you say you missed me? Is this how you express that?” He whined.

 

“Do you have any idea how creeped out I was just now?!” I stood up annoyingly.

 

“What? I thought it was really romantic~ like in a drama~ Plus we were both neutralized by the professor so after hearing that from him I wanted to tell you.” He pouted.

 

“Pabo~” I lowered my head feeling awkward.

 

Suddenly in a split moment I started walking towards him without even thinking about it, and squatted down to meet his gaze.

 

“You’re not gonna hit me again are you?” He flinched.

 

“Byanae~” I poked he’s cheek.

 

“What are you sorry for? Do you know how happy I was when I heard that story? When I found out that you gave me the name Zelo~” He smiled shyly then he’s hair tuned pink.

 

“Now you look like Zacho~” I teased.

 

“Yah! I look nothing like that cat!” He pointed at the cat flabbergasted then to him self. “See this face? I’m cuter!” He puffed his cheeks.

 

“Ani~ I think Zacho is cuter~ Mhereong~!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

 

“Yah! Don’t make me go all dark bionic on you.” He threatened.

 

“Oh you’re threatening me now? You’re on!” I pulled up my sleeves.

 

“Cham! This is how you two greet each other? By bickering? I think the house might explode soon. =. =” Yongguk oppa came in.

 

“Yongguk oppa!” I ran and gave him a hug.

 

“Nice to see you again Zoe.” He beamed.

 

“Yah! How come I didn’t get a hug? I’m your savior! Your protector! Your hero! Your ROBOT BUDDY! ZELO!” Zelo whined again.

 

“You’re annoying!” I stuck my tongue out at him again.

 

“Not fair.” Zelo sat on the ground and sulked.

 

I squatted down in front of him again and poked his cheek. “This is enough for you~” I beamed.

 

“Yah, that’s my thing! Choose your own!” He complained.

 

“Cham!” I sighed then unexpectedly I pecked him on his cheek. “There, that’s not yours.” I cleared my throat and moved away in embarrassment.

 

“All right you two, Since I’m the big bro and Zoe’s dad is moving back in, I can’t allow my brother to stay with a girl anymore, you guys can visit each other during the weekends from 12 to 3:30 pm” Yongguk oppa announced.

 

“Ehh, just say that you actually missed me and was very lonely at home~” Zelo made a peace sign and stuck his tongue out.

 

“Mo imma?!” Yongguk oppa stopped his feet and grabbed Zelo’s head with his arm.

-Everything’s finally back~ ^^ -

 

I was too busy feeling happy about their return that I didn’t noticed Zelo sneak beside.

 

“Zoe-yah saranghae~” He pecked my cheek and started running around the house happily like a maniac.

 

==============

 

: It's finally finished~ T.T I will miss Zoe and Zelo~ 

I hope you enjoyed it till the end~ Hope to see you in my future fanfics.

: Oh and don't forget to check out the event chapter! just click NEXT~ xD

: Take care everyone~ Have a wonderful day/week/month/year/life~ Pyeong`! =]★