Apology~

My robot buddy~

 

,.Zelo’s Pov.,

 

I couldn’t sleep well last night thinking that there are new people or should I say strangers, who may or may not be after Zoe again.

-Zoe mentioned two people, one of them fought the other and didn’t seem like he wanted to harm her. But then who is he? And what’s his true motivation? –

 

Suddenly that thief’s words surfaced my mind.

~~~~

“Don’t you get it? I was hoping that the girl would chase after me. But sadly you came instead.”

 

“You wanna know so badly? Fine! I want access to one of her father’s inventions, and she’s the only way I can get it.”

~~~~

-I wonder which invention of the professor he is after? I have to keep my guard up at all times. –

 

It was 7:00 in the morning and I decided to get some fresh air, but before going out, I stopped by Zoe’s room.

 

Her blanket was half on the floor; and her head and left leg were at the edge of the bed so I fixed up her position in a more comfy way and covered her with the blanket properly.

 

“Your robot buddy won’t let anything bad happen to you. I promise.” I whispered and softly poked her on the cheek.

-When I poke your cheek like this, I don’t think it’s just a habit anymore. –

 

I poked her cheek again, three times.

 

“Maybe one day you’ll find out what it means~” I said in low soft voice. I looked at her peaceful expression one more last time. –Don’t ever lose that expression Zoe, and never lose your smile. –

 

I closed her bedroom door behind me and went to the main house door. As soon as I opened it I saw a figure sitting on the front steps.

 

“Hyung? Yongguk hyung?” I guessed.

 

“Whoa, I’m starting to think that Zoe is right about you reading people’s minds. I wanted you to come out so I can talk to you and here you are~” He chortled.

 

“Ok, what’s up? And don’t try the ‘what’s up’ joke with me, it only works on Zoe.” I gave him a look.

 

“I wanted to tell you something, remember what I told you last night at the camp?” He blew hot air into his hands to warm up.

 

“Yeah? Are you…?” I began.

 

“I’m gonna tell Zoe everything.” He rubbed both his hands together to get rid of the cold.

 

“Good! I’m guessing you need my help?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“I’m really starting to think you have mind reading powers. Do you have a bap for that too?” He scratched his head.

 

“No, I’m naturally good at guessing. So how do I help?” I crossed my arms.

 

“Can you guys come over later to my house? You know the way right?” He invited.

 

“Yeah, I don’t forget easily.” I shrugged.

 

“Ok. I’ll see you guys later, don’t wake her up now. Let her wake on her own then you guys can come over at noon.” He put his hands in his pockets and starting his way.

 

I locked the house’s door with Zoe still inside asleep, then went to the playground near by.

 

I was on the swing deep in thought when I noticed a strange aura. Someone was watching me. Or stalking.

I wanted to surprise that person to catch him, so I pretended to not notice and acted casually. I slowly walked towards his direction.

 

“Boo!” Zoe popped out of the bushes. I glanced behind her and saw that the stalker had ran away, he was dressed in full black. –Was that the guy wearing a mask? Or someone related to the thief? –

 

“Hey what are you thinking about?” Zoe snapped her fingers at me.

 

“Ah nothing~ when did you wake up? And how did you know I was here?” I rubbed my neck.

 

“Why don’t you use your mind reading powers like always and find out?” She sat on one of the empty swings. “Waah~ it’s been a while since I’ve last played on one of these.” She started swinging.

 

“Hey,” I sat on the other swing beside her.

 

“Mmm?” She continued swinging.

 

“Yongguk oppa wants us to stop by his house today.”

 

“Wae?” she continued swinging higher.

 

“You know, to show off his cooking skills? Or to watch another robot movie or … tell you something important.” I whispered the last part. Suddenly she stopped swinging and stared blankly at the ground. For the first time ever, I couldn’t tell what she was thinking.

 

“What time...?” She asked still staring blankly at the ground.

 

“At noon…” I said slowly.

 

“Araso…” She stood up quietly, still with that blank expression, and started walking back home.

 

“Hey! Wait for me!” I caught up to her and did my usual thing, I locked arms with her. Surprisingly she didn’t react to it, she didn’t flinch or complain. Nothing.

-What’s wrong with her? –

 

Finally noona came, Zoe and I got ready and left to go to hyung’s house.

 

 

,.Zoe’s Pov.,

 

We rang the doorbell and yongguk oppa came out to open the gate for us. As soon as he did, a brown fluffy dog ran towards us and greeted us.

 

“Waaah~ Kyowo! You’re so fluffy I’m gonna diiiee!” I said as I did an imitation of Agnes from despicable me. Both yongguk oppa and Zelo laughed at my reaction.

 

“What? He is fluffy~” I said as I pet the brown fluffy dog. Suddenly he my hand and ran in circles around me, and then he wiggled his tail in a very cute way.

Nice to see you again Domo~ -

 

“You’re a funny dog~” I smiled brightly at him.

 

“That’s he’s trademark, I think he likes you~” Oppa said in a hinting tone. “Zoe, I…have to tell you something.”

 

 

“Alright! Hyung, I’m going to go find your room and hang out there ok? Bye~~” Zelo waved goodbye then entered the house while me and yongguk oppa went to sit at the front porch.

 

“Domo.” I read the name on the dog’s leash. “Oppa… I said quietly while avoiding he’s gaze.

 

 

,.Yongguk’s Pov.,

 

“Domo.” She read Domo’s tag. “Oppa… you were that boy all along. Domo’s your dog. The one I helped you find.” She said quietly, avoiding my gaze.

 

“Yeah.” I lowered my head. “That’s what I wanted to tell you today. I’m…really sorry I kept it from you this whole time, it’s just I didn’t know how to tell you, plus I was worried that you’ll hate me for…” I bit my lip.

 

“For not coming back?” She continued. I sighed in guilt while avoiding her gaze.

 

“This is where Domo got injured?” She examined the scar on Domo’s right arm.

 

“Yeah, when he tried to save me—wait how did you know that?” I turned to her in surprise.

 

“You’re curious how I know that even though I was crying loudly for help while being dragged away by that man?” She looked at me sadly while pinching her eyebrows.

 

“Zoe…I’m sorry I didn’t—“ I got cut off.

 

“Stop apologizing!” She sighed and turned her attention back to Domo.

 

“I heard you talking to Zelo about it by the campfire. I wasn’t asleep.” She ruffled Domo’s fur, still avoiding my gaze. “I can’t believe you told Zelo first when obviously I was the one who needed to know first!” There was anger in her voice but she stayed calm.

 

“Zoe…I” I began. –What should I say? I’m really sorry Zoe! –

 

“If you’re gonna apologize again then don’t say anything.” She sighed. “I already got your apology last night.” She blew on her cheeks.

 

~~~~~

“I’m sorry Zoe…I was supposed to have your back.”

~~~~~

-So she really wasn’t asleep. She heard everything. –

I sighed sadly, not knowing what to say.

 

“I may not be good with guys, but I know when this is sincere.” She pointed to my heart and looked directly into my eyes with awe.

 

“Why didn’t you say anything? Or scold me…” I rubbed my neck awkwardly.

 

“Even though I found out the truth, I wanted you tell me yourself.” She puffed her cheeks and tilted her head slightly. “And you did~” She chortled.

 

“So you’re not mad at me? About what happened before and for keeping this from you?” I asked hopefully.

 

“Someone once told me that keeping grudges will only lead to eternal hate, which is never a good thing~” She chortled.

 

 

,.Zoe’s Pov.,

 

 

“Someone once told me that keeping grudges will only lead to eternal hate, which is never a good thing~” I chortled. “What happened is in the past, so there’s no point holding that against a scaredy-cat kid~” I winked at him.

 

“Yah!” He whined.

 

“And about keeping it from me, I know you had your own reasons. I bet the whole thing was hard on you too.” I looked up at the stars, imagining a kid having to live in regret and guilt as he grew up. –You were never at fault from the start oppa. But it also wouldn’t have killed you to get help XD -

 

“Not as much as it was for you.” He said sadly.

 

“Hey, don’t see me as unfortunate or weak! I’ve got awesome friends to keep me away from being like that~” I elbowed him and smiled warmly.

 

“Thanks Zoe~ Zelo was right you do have a big heart.” He poked my forehead lightly and smiled brightly at me.

 

“What’s wrong with you guys and poking my face? Cham!” I slapped his hand away. He flinched lightly and blinked at me.

 

“By the way, who was that person who told you those wise words?” He changed the topic.

 

“Oh, about not holding grudges?” I asked he nodded.

“He…umm, he’s…someone.” I answered uncertain.

 

“Is he your dad?” He pinched his eyebrows together.

 

“Ah no. But like my dad…he played an important part in my life.” I smile at the memories I had with him.

 

“So it’s a boy, is it Zelo?” He elbowed me teasingly.

 

“No. I met him before…Ahh, speaking of Zelo, we better go check up on him before he blows up your house.” I cleared my throat and stood up.

 

“I don’t blow up houses! I’m not a destruction robot!” Zelo shouted from the second floor window.

 

“Yah! How long have you been there?” Yongguk oppa shouted back.

 

“See hyung! I told you Zoe has a big heart!” He made two thumbs up and smiled grinned brightly at us.

 

“Common, let’s go inside before the neighbors complain.” And so we both went inside.

 

=========================

 

: Byanae for the late update~ plus the short chapter. T.T 

I've been sorta busy in the past week. But now I'm gonna have to update faster 

and more often before school starts >.<''

: It's not a very good chapter but I hope you still liked it, there's a clue here btw~ ^^

: look forward to the next chap. and don't forget to comment ^^

: really your comments inspire me~  Pyeong~! =]★