LEt the obstacle race begin~

My robot buddy~

 

~1 week later~

 

“Alright class I’ve got an announcement to make before the bell rings so quiet down.” All the students fell into silence.

 

“Good. Now, every year the school holds different types of sports events. This year we’re holding a freestyle marathon.” The students started to murmur amongst themselves. “Wait, let me finish.” The teacher tapped on the table to get our attention.

 

“It’s called a freestyle marathon for three reasons. First, the competitors should be a team with 3 members.”

 –A team with three members? –

 

“Second, this is no ordinary marathon race. This one will be an obstacle race; it will have obstacles and tricks. And finally, it will be a two-days race, so you’ll have to camp out during the night.” The class was suddenly like a beehive. All the students were discussing the whole thing with each other.

 

“Again, I’m not finished! Cham! In this year’s marathon, teamwork, focus, and skill are required. If you have what it takes to challenge, then sign up today after class. One more thing, the whole school is participating, so your team has to at least have one sophomore or senior with you. That is essential.” She gave us one more look “Class dismissed.” The bell rang.

 

“Hey Zoe. Are you signing up?” Zelo nudged me.

 

“Heck yeah~ It’s a challenge isn’t it? I told you before I never back out of a challenge.” I made thumbs up. 

 

“Ok then you’re officially on my team! Welcome aboard teammate!” He smiled cheerfully.

 

“Who made YOU captain of the team?” I crossed my arms.

 

“Let’s see, ordinary girl or bionic robot.” He compared

 

“Cham! I can’t believe you’re using that as an excuse, my dad will so not be proud of you right now.” I shook my head, and he chuckled.

 

“We’re totally gonna win this thing. Common!” He suddenly pulled me.

 

“Where are we going?” I tilted my head in confusion.

 

“We have to recruit hyung before someone else picks him.” I pulled back.

 

“Pabo!” I lightly hit him on the head. “Stop pulling me, we can just call him!” I took out my phone.

 

*Calling*

“Yeoboseyo oppa? Are you busy?” I began.

 

“Yah! Just ask him already! We don’t have much time!” Zelo tugged the phone off my hand.

 

“Hyung! There’s a marathon, and we want you to be in our team!” Zelo said straight to the point. I didn’t hear what oppa was saying but Zelo kept nodding he’s head like a bobble head. “Araso! See ya~” He hang up the phone.

 

“What’d he say?” I asked curiously. Zelo looked at me sadly then sighed hard and lowered his head.

 

“He said NO?” I said in a shocked voice. Zelo Shook he’s head then looked at me, with teary eyes.

 

“He said…only if I agree to make him captain~” He pouted.

 

“Aigoo~” I poked he’s head, “Then that’s a yes! Oh common, he’s older, it’s only right for him to be the captain.” I nudged he’s shoulder.

 

“But…but…I’m bionic, I’m strong and smart…” He murmured while still pouting.

 

“What are you five? Stop acting like a kid!” I put my hands on my hips.

 

“No I’m 15! And I am still a kid! Humph!” He puffed he’s cheeks and turned he’s head away.

 

“Oh common. Zelo-ya~ you’re not upset are you? Zeeelooo-ya~~” I started tickling he’s sides. -If he were still the same robot I met the first time, this wouldn’t have worked. But since he started becoming more like a real boy tickling him is a very effective weapon for me. XD -

 

“Stop! Stop! I can’t breathe~” He breathed heavily. Then glared at me.

 

“Araso araso! Stop glaring already. I’ll go buy you ice-cream” I teased.

 

“No! NO Ice-cream!” He made an ‘X’ sign with he’s hands.

 

“I’m just teasing you. Common we have to train for the marathon.” He gave me another suspicious look, and then locked arms with me. “Kaja!” He held he’s fist to the air.

 

“Do you really have to do this?” I pointed at our locked arms.

 

“What? I like it this way. To make sure your safe~” He stuck he’s tongue out at me.

 

“But aren’t you the dangerous one?” I raised my eyebrow at him. He puffed he’s cheeks then flashed me a bright smile.

-Cham! You really are a kid~ But I know I’ll always be safe with you around. Thanks Zelo. –

 

We skipped off happily to sign up; the race was 2 days from now. During those two days we kept training and training, we suggested that yongguk oppa stay over with us, so it will be easier to train together. We used dream team as resource and studied all the obstacles that we might encounter later. Luckily Zelo has a recording bap, he knows all the obstacles as well as their flaws and how we can overcome them. Our strategy was simple, focus and win!

-Why do I feel like we’re competing for the Olympics? XD –

 

We were finally one night away from the race, so in order to get ready for it and ease our mind; we decided to watch a movie.

 

“Ok this time, why don’t we let Zoe choose.” Yongguk oppa suggested, Zelo nodded without any complain.

 

“Are you guys sure?” I asked and they both nodded. “All right, but I’m not sure you’re gonna like it~” I sang.

 

I started the movie and the two of them tilted their head in confusion.

 

“This is Wind struck,” I said. “It’s comedy with a little drama ^^” I stated, they both nodded with interest on their faces.

 

The movie was reaching the ending when I spotted yongguk oppa sleeping; He’s head was bobbing from side to side.

 

“I guess he’s not the drama/romance type~” I fixed he’s position then covered him with a blanket and turned to Zelo.

 

“Zelo…Your hair’s blue…” I said then rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing right.

 

“It is…?” He sniffed.

 

“Are you ok? ...You like you’re…tearing up.” I chortled.

-Zelo’s actually touched by the movie that he’s tearing up! Wow! This movie is pretty amazing. It even made Zelo a bionic robot cry~ -

 

“I…I’m not! It’s just…sad.” Even though he’s face expression didn’t fully show sadness, but he’s eyes were teary and full of emotion. And since he’s hair turned blue, I bet he really is feeling sad.

 

“Hey Zoe?” He lowered his head. “Yeah?” I answered.

 

“Can you…stay awake with me tonight...?” He wiped he’s wet eyes.

 

“Aigoo~ for a bionic robot, you can really get emotional~” I ruffled he’s hair. “Sure~ I’ll stay awake, at least until you fall asleep.” I assured.

 

“Thanks Zoe~” He smiled at me, and then suddenly he leaned he’s head on my shoulder and closed he’s eyes.

 

-Zelo the bionic robot… you’re really something… J -

 

“Goodnight Zelo~” I whispered to him and smiled warmly. He’s hair suddenly changed and turned pink.

-Guess he’s not sad anymore. ^_^ -

 

 

~D-Day of the race~

 

“Alright teams line up! Let me explain to you the rules. 1-all teams must stick together through out the entire race; you must help each other and depend on one another. 2-There are a total of 4 checkpoints in this course, when you reach these check points you will find supplies that you will need to complete the race. Every team has one bag of supplies in every checkpoint. You are forbidden to take another team’s bag; if you do you are out. 3-You must collect 5 flags in this course. The team who gets all five wins.” The teacher explained.

 

“One more thing, before sunset, all teams must find a spot to camp. You are forbidden to continue the race until sunrise, if you do so you are eliminated. If you are thinking of cheating then you’ll definitely be out. Those who get eliminated will be broadcasted through the walkie-talkies each team will be carrying.” She continued, then one of the student councils handed every single competitor a special bracelet, each team had a color.

 

“Let me explain what these are. These special bracelets contain detectors to track your positions, and each team has their own color, the same color for your supply bags. You must wear these bracelets at all times. Understood?” She slapped her stick against her palm.

 

“NEH!” We all shouted.

 

“Alright, let the obstacle race…begin!” The horn blows and we all head inside the obstacle course.

-Our obstacle course is a forest, why do I have a bad feeling about this? –

 

 

~Few hours later~

 

So far we’re off to a great start, we already found two flags and were

 

“Alright, two flags down, 3 more to—“ I stopped.

 

“What’s wrong Zoe?” Zelo asked concerned.

 

“Look, by that skinny tree. The third flag!” I pointed.

 

“Cool! We just have to cross that bridge and we can get it.” Yongguk oppa dropped he’s backpack and headed to the bridge. “I’ll go with you, Zoe you stay here, keep watch.” Zelo ordered. I nodded and did as he said.

 

At some point I saw something that the two of them did not notice. The supporting rope of the bridge it was half cut.

 

“Guys! Get out of there! The bridge will break!” I shouted, “Hurry!”

 

As soon as they tried to get back the rope at the end of the bridge lost it’s grip on the log and caused half of the bridge to collapse. Luckily Zelo made it just in time. I went to him immediately.

 

“Zelo? Are you ok?” I breathed heavily.

 

“Yeah. I’m good, hyung? Hyung?” we turned to yongguk oppa but he wasn’t there. Zelo instantly went back to the edge of the bridge.

 

“Hyung! Grab my arm!” Zelo reached out he’s arm to yongguk oppa who was dangling on the rope by the edge of the deep pit.

 

“Gotcha!” Zelo smiled as soon as he got hold of yongguk oppa’s arm. He instantly pulled him in a very strong way that almost sent yongguk oppa flying upwards,

 

“Quite a grip you got there~” Yongguk oppa breathed heavily. “I’m just glad your ok!” Zelo placed he’s hand on oppa’s shoulder.

 

“I almost had a heart attack! Why the heck did that bridge break! Isn’t it supposed to be strong to carry people?” I complained.

 

“Heh…the sun’s setting we should set up our camp.” Yongguk oppa said under he’s breath.

 

We prepared our camp, and placed our supplies in a safe place. Then we prepared the campfire to warm ourselves up.

 

“Need more wood. You guys stay here, I’ll go grab more wood to burn.” He winked and started his way, Zelo stood up. “You’re not planning on leaving Zoe alone were you Zelo?” He said before he left.

Zelo and I both chuckled.

 

“You’re not planning on making me watch you till you fall asleep again tonight are you?” I nudged Zelo.

 

“Yah! That was a one time thing ok~” He pouted and poked the camp fire with a stick. I couldn’t help but chuckle at he’s cute expression.

 

“You know, you’ve come a long way zelo. I mean, when I first met you, all you did was blink at me and look at me blankly. But now, you’re better at expressing yourself.” I smiled at him encouragingly.

 

“You’ve improved too. You’re not much of a boy-bomber any more~” He winked.

 

“Yah!” I hit him hard on he’s shoulder. “Maybe I spoke too soon~” He rubbed he’s shoulder.

 

“I was kidnapped before.” I began. Zelo tilted he’s head in confusion. “The reason why I hate guys is that I was kidnapped by a couple of men when I was a kid. You wanted to know the reason right?” I asked.

 

“What happened?” He looked at me shocked.

 

“It was during kindergarten, I met this boy at the park when I was with my mom—“ I started and thought back at the memory.

 

~Flash back~

 

“Omma~ look that boy is crying all by himself. Do you think he’s lost?” I tugged on my mom’s sleeves.

 

“Why don’t you go and ask him? You might be able to help him.” She suggested. I did as she said and went to the boy.

 

“Oppa, why are you crying?” The boy was taller and looked older than me so I immediately called him oppa.

 

“I…lost my dog” *sniff* *Sniff*

 

“Don’t cry oppa~ Omma and I will help you find him~” I smiled. “Chincha?” He looked at me hopefully and I nodded.

 

And so we went to look for he’s missing dog…

 

“Domo! Domo-ya! I finally found you~” the boy hugged he’s brown fluffy dog happily.

 

“Waah! This is Domo? He’s soo cute~ Annyeong Domo~ Naneun Lee Zoe-imnida~” I waved at the dog, suddenly he my hand and ran in circles around me, then he wiggled his tail in a very cute way.

 

“You’re a funny dog~” I chuckled and pet him happily.

 

“That’s he’s trademark, if he does that to you, that means he likes you~” The boy smiled happily. “Since Domo likes you, and you helped me find him, I’ll be your new best friend~” He smiled brightly.

“Yay! Friends! From now on, we’ll always have each other’s backs!” We shook hands gleefully.

 

“Oppa we should go back to the park, omma’s probably waiting.” I said worriedly.

 

“Ok—“ *woof* *woof* Domo suddenly started running off again, and oppa went after him. “Zoe-ya you go first I have to catch Domo again!” He ran after Domo.

 

“Omma Omma! Guess what oppa and me are—“ My eyes grew wide and teary at the sight that was displayed in front of me. “OMMA!!” I screamed and ran to her side. She was covered in blood after the big man stabbed her. “Omma!” I cried beside her.

 

“Zoe…run…” She tried to say.

 

“Well lookey here, if it isn’t professor Lee’s daughter, you’ll come in handy~” The big man grabbed my hand and lifted me off the ground! “OMMA! OMMA! LET GO OF ME! LET GO!” I struggled. “OPPA HELP ME!!” I cried but he didn’t arrive. “OMMA!!” I cried louder.

 

~End of flash back~

 

“I’m…sorry. I didn’t know it was that—“ He began.

 

“Horrible?” I couldn’t help it, my tears finally came out. “Ahh, it’s in the past now. Why am I still getting emotional at the memory…Aish.” Before I could wipe them away Zelo stopped my hands then cupped my face.

 

“For the record, you’re the most strongest girl I’ve ever met Zoe.” He wiped my tears away with he’s thumbs. He gave me an assuring gaze. 

 

“You know what’s funny…I actually thought that boy would come and save me when I never even knew he’s name.” I whispered and lowered my head.

 

“At least you’re here now.” He smiled warmly.

 

“If only it was the same for my mom.” I sniffed.

 

“But you still have your dad right? You also have us, your friends. You have me~” He nudged. 

 

“Heheh, yeah~” I smiled.

 

“So…aren’t you gonna tell me your back story now?” I sniffed.

 

“I guess it’s time to finally open up everything that’s been bottled up huh?” He chortled; I rested my head on my palms to show him that I’m attentively listening. He chucked.

 

“Well, like I said before, I was a normal human boy. If it weren’t for your dad saving my life, I would’ve been gone by now. “ My eyes widened at he’s statement.

 

“How?” I gulped.

 

“I don’t really know. All I know is that one day, I just woke up stronger, healthier and had bones of steel~” He winked and I chuckled. “Himchan hyung told me that, I was in the brink of life and death, but the professor installed he’s new invention on me to save my life, which was the bionic chip. Other than that I, don’t really know anything else.” He looked up at the sky in thought. “And that’s how I became a bionic robot~” He smiled.

 

“My bionic robot buddy~!” I swung my arm around he’s shoulders.

 

“Zelo’s a robot?” Yongguk oppa suddenly appeared out of the trees and dropped the wood that he was carrying.

 

=====================

 

:The secret's out~ what will happen next? xD

: Stay tuned~ Pyeong =]★