I'm the one who should be sorry~

My robot buddy~

 

,.Yongguk’s Pov.,

 

“This’ll have to do.” I carried the wood that I’ve collected. “I should head back to the camp before it gets darker.” I started my way back.

 

 

“But you still have your dad right? You also have us, your friends. You have me~” I heard Zelo saying. I was a bit curious about what they were talking about so I hid behind the nearest tree and continued listening. –It’s a good thing I’m good at hiding. xD –

 

“So…aren’t you gonna tell me your back story now?” Zoe sniffed.

 

“I guess it’s time to finally open up everything that’s been bottled up huh?” Zelo said.

 

Bottled up? Like a secret? – I thought.

I leaned a bit closer but quietly to get a better range of hearing.

 

“Well, like I said before, I was a normal human boy. If it weren’t for your dad saving my life, I would’ve been gone by now. “

-What does he mean WAS? He’s pretty normal right now. Well maybe not when I first met him. –

 

“How?” I saw Zoe’s concerned expression under the campfire’s light.

 

“I don’t really know. All I know is that one day, I just woke up stronger, healthier and had bones of steel~” Zelo chuckled. “Himchan hyung told me that, I was in the brink of life and death, but the professor installed he’s new invention on me to save my life, which was the bionic chip. Other than that I don’t really know anything else. And that’s how I became a bionic robot~ “

-Did he…just say…bionic robot? –

 

“My bionic robot buddy~!” Zoe repeated.

-He’s a robot...Am I imagining this…? –

 

“Zelo’s a robot?” I finally appeared out of the trees, but I still couldn’t believe what I heard and lost my grip on the wood that I was holding.

 

 

,.Zoe’s pov.,

 

I couldn’t tell what was going on in oppa’s head. He’s expression was blank and unreadable. –Is he…mad, because we kept this a secret from him? –

 

“Zelo you’re a robot?” He turned to Zelo. –Ah! I should do something! Explain! Anything! But…I don’t know what to do or say…(>_<”) -

 

Yongguk oppa’s next move was unpredictable. Zelo and I stood frozen on our spot and waited for him to explode in anger or throw a fit at us. He did none; instead he slowly walked towards Zelo still wearing the same unreadable expression on he’s face.

-Ahh! Otteoke? Zelo! Can’t you tell what’s on he’s mind? –

 

Zelo kept he’s focus on yongguk oppa who was slowly approaching, everything seemed as if it suddenly turned to slow motion.

 

-No hanappego modeungoseun Get in slow motion~I suddenly started singing Exo’s song in my head. –Ahh pabo! This is not the time for that! –

 

“You’re a robot?” He repeated the question.

 

“Hyung I—“ Before Zelo could explain Yongguk oppa cut him off.

 

“Answer me!” He demanded, -This suddenly reminds me why all the hoobaes were afraid of him, it’s because of that look in he’s eyes plus that deep voice that supports it. –

 

Oppa was practically glaring at Zelo with his creepy gaze. –This is serious! He never looked at Zelo or me that way. I should I should…what should I do?? –

 

“Hyung…I…I am a robot.” Zelo finally confessed.

 

For five whole second there was nothing but silence. It was as if even the sounds of the forest were put to mute.

 

“Oppa…” I began.

–What are the right words for this situation? Oppa we’re sorry? Let us explain? COME ON, MAN UP DUDE! IT”S JUST A TINY SECRET! Wait no; the last one is insane. –

 

Suddenly yongguk oppa cupped Zelo’s face with one hand. Zelo and I opened our eyes wide in surprise.

 

He raised Zelo’s face up then lowered it down then turned it left and right. Next he raised Zelo’s arms and started examining them. And then walked in circles around Zelo examining him some more. Finally he stopped in front of Zelo and crossed his arms.

 

“So you were a normal human boy before, but then to save your life, Zoe’s father installed a chip in your body that turned you this way. A bionic robot.” He tilted his head from side to side, trying to sink in the new info. “You have bones of steel, and you are 10 times stronger and smarter than any ordinary human.” He continued. “Anything else?” He sighed.

 

“My hair also changes color depending on my mood.” Zelo scratched he’s head awkwardly.

 

“That I’ve seen before and was curious about it for a while~” He blew on he’s cheeks.

 

“Oppa you’ve seen Zelo’s hair color change before?” I asked in surprise. –When? And how? How come he didn’t mention anything to us? –

 

“When?” Zelo asked uncertain.

 

*Sigh* “I’ve only seen it 3 times, and every time I would think that I’m getting color blindness. *Sigh* Never thought the reason would be that my best friend was actually a ROBOT!” He sighed harder. Zelo and I dropped our head in guilt.

 

“The first time was during the concert, when we were watching you on stage with Exo, I caught a glimpse of Zelo’s hair turn purple—“ He began.

 

“Wait purple? I’ve never seen…his hair turn…purple.” I turned to Zelo for an answer. He just blinked at me uncertain.

 

“So those colors represent Zelo’s feelings right?” He turned to Zelo and smirked evilly.

 

“Well, from a guy’s point of view, the way Zelo was watching you on stage and the way he challenged your favorite idol group—“ He started in a teasing tone while rubbing his chin.

Where exactly is this going? –

 

“Hyung! We’re really sorry we kept this a secret from you! So when else did you see my hair color change?” Zelo Stepped in front of yongguk oppa and blocked my view of him.

 

“Cham! You’re really childish~” I saw yongguk oppa grin. “Fine! Now move so I can continue~” He moved Zelo aside.

 

“The second time was when we watched that movie, wind struck. Before I fell asleep I caught glimpse of Zelo’s blue hair, then after a while I heard you telling Zelo that he’s hair was blue. I thought I was just dreaming.” He shrugged.

 

“When was the third one?” I asked. Curious.

 

“Just now before I came out of the tree, when you said that he was your robot buddy he’s hair slightly turned pink, but went back to blonde when I came out.” He put he’s hands in he’s pockets.

 

“So you two have been keeping this big secret from me ever since I met you~” He started walking towards me this time. “I’m guessing it was your idea~” He lowered he’s head to meet my gaze.”

 

“Oppa…I…We…Byanae~” I lowered my head.

 

“That’s all I wanted to hear~” He ruffled my hair then flashed me a bright smile.

 

“So hyung you’re not mad?” Zelo stood beside him.

 

“Aigoo! You rascal! No wonder you were so stiff when I first met you~” He swung he’s arm around Zelo’s neck and pulled him downwards to ruffle he’s hair.

 

“I’m just glad you’re not an alien or a vampire.” He bumped Zelo’s cheek lightly with his fist.

 

“You thought I was an alien vampire?” Zelo asked flabbergasted.

 

“Not both at once! That’s just weird~” Oppa shrugged and shook his head.

 

“Hey, don’t blame me you have a really milky white skin, it’s hard not to think you’re a vampire~” He rubbed he’s neck. We all chuckled.

 

“Yah! You still didn’t tell me what purple means!” I crossed my arms. Zelo looked at oppa for help, suddenly oppa came to me and swung he’s arm around me.

 

“Zoe-ya, purple could mean a lot of things, it could mean bravery, or strength, or determination, or the blossom of a new flower~” He winked at me and smiled. I narrowed my eyes at him, and he instantly pulled his arm away and held out his hands in front of him for defense.

 

“Ahh Zelo…I think it’s your turn now--” He turned to Zelo.

 

“Shutdown sorry.”

 

 

 

“WHAT?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHUTDOWN! ” Oppa said flabbergasted.

 

“He’s recharging right now~” I crossed my arms and sighed. “I think we should rest too.” I turned to go inside my tent.

 

“Phew~” I heard him sigh in relief as I walked away.

 

“Oppa, I’m really sorry we didn’t tell you sooner” I said, not turning my head to look at him. Finally I went inside my tent to rest.

 

 

,. Yongguk’s Pov.,

 

“Oppa, I’m really sorry we didn’t tell you sooner.” She said before she entered her tent.

 

“I should be the one who’s sorry Zoe…I let you down.” I whispered after she left. –Yongguk you idiot! You should’ve told her! You should’ve told her the truth! –

 

As guilt started to build up in me, my feet started to move towards Zoe’s tent.

 

“Zoe I—“ I was cut off at the sight of her soundly asleep. “I’m sorry Zoe…I was supposed to have your back.” I whispered in guilt then left her tent.

 

“Hyung what did you mean by that?” Zelo appeared in front of me.

 

“Zelo? Weren’t you? How did you?” My eyes were wide in surprise.

 

“That question will forever be a burden to me.” He crossed his arms and shook he’s head.

 

“I just faked recharge to escape Zoe’s question. But you can’t do the same, so might as well come clean~” Zelo shrugged.

 

“I, Don’t know what you’re talking about~” I avoided his gaze and sat back by the campfire.

 

“Hyung…you already know my secret, even though I’m half robot, I know what it feels like to hide something from someone you care about.” He placed his hand on my shoulder then sat across me.

 

“I…I did something wrong to Zoe, I was supposed to have her back, we made a promise. But I couldn’t keep it.” I lowered my head in guilt.

 

“What happened hyung?” He pinched he’s eyebrows together in concern.

 

“I was there when Zoe’s mom died, “ I started.

 

“Wait, so you were that boy that Zoe met when she was a kid? The boy who lost he’s dog?” He asked in surprise. –He already knows what happened? But he didn’t know that I was that boy. – I nodded, still avoiding he’s’ gaze.

 

“Why didn’t you go back to help Zoe?” I could sense anger in his voice, but he still kept calm.

 

“I did…after catching up with my dog, we went back to the park, but there were men everywhere so I hid behind the bushes, I wanted to go find Zoe but I didn’t have enough courage. Suddenly I heard Zoe calling me, she was crying out loud so I tried to out run those guys, I was almost near her then I spotted her mom…” I paused as tears were threatening to fall.

 

“When I tried to run to Zoe two men stopped me, domo was still a pup he tried to save me and got injured by one of the men. I was terrified…impulse took over and I ran away with my dog.” I buried my face in my palms as tears formed in my eyes.

 

“I admit, you could’ve done something better than running away,” Zelo stood up and sat beside me.

 

“But I guess we can’t really blame a kid. If you were to do that again now, then I would never have forgiven you.” He punched my shoulder lightly.

 

“Zoe maybe bad with guys, but she also has a kind heart. I’m sure she’ll make an exception for you.” Zelo patted my back in comfort.

 

“You know I’m glad I met you Zelo~” I nudged him.

 

“Flattery doesn’t work on robots. Your still in trouble when Zoe finds out~” He winked and headed to our tent.

 

“You evil rascal!” I swung my arm around his neck and ruffled his hair.,.

 

=========================

 

It's been hard on Zoe and Yongguk, but will Zoe forgive him?

:Today's a double update, or actually it's one chp. with 2 parts xD

Click on next to continue the adventure~ ^^