You're not invisible~

My robot buddy~

 

 

Two weeks after my mom died my dad decided to take me back to school, in hopes that it might help me forget and meet friends that will help me move on. Unfortunately it didn’t work; instead it just made things worse, I lost confidence in talking to other people and I would always sit on the last chair at the back of the class. Hearing all those comments about my mom just made me hate everything and see life in a darker way.

 

During the first semester of 6th grade I got a nickname that became well known in my school. I was called ‘The kidnapper magnet’ why? Because some other people attempted to kidnap me twice, I was leading a miserable life until one day that all changed.

 

It was during the second semester of 6th grade, my dad finally started to see how miserable I am so he decided that we would leave Korea by the end of the month.

 

“Hey kidnapper magnet, I heard you were fleeing the country~” The biggest most arrogant bully I’ve known my whole life began he’s usual teasing routine.

 

“That’s sad~ Now I won’t have anyone to tease anymore~ can’t you stay? I’ll really miss our bond together~” He put a hand on my shoulder and pretended to wipe an invisible tear. –I’m glad I won’t see your face anymore you arrogant jerk! –

 

“Good morning class~ everyone please back to their seats, class is starting~” The teacher announced.

 

“Neh miss park~” Everyone said lazily answered.

 

After class ended I went to my usual place on the rooftop, no one really hang out there much because they thought it was hunted. When ever some one tries to be brave and comes up I just hide in my hiding spot and make noises to scare them off. As for me? I was better off with ghost than those bullies. I sat in my spot and hugged my knees close to my chest while I crossed my arms on top of them.

 

“Omma, I really miss you…nothing’s been going well for me ever since you left. I want you back…” I whispered as burry my face in between my arms.

 

“I really miss you…” I started crying while keeping the same position.

 

“So you’re the girl who people reported as a ‘Crying ghost girl?’” A boy’s voice spoke.

 

“Why are you here?” I wiped my tears away.

 

“To get some fresh air. And to be honest, I was also curious of the ghost legend.” He approached me slowly.

 

“Congratulations, now you know that it’s just some miserable girl who keeps crying to her self.” I choked back the tears.

 

“Don’t worry I’m not here to judge you or tell anyone I just—“ He looked at the ground for answers.

 

“Just what? Forget it. Just pretend you never saw me, as if I never existed, ” I buried my face in my hands. “, that I’m invisible…just like a ghost.” I said quietly.

 

“You’re not invisible. How can you be, when I can see you so clearly?” He pulled my hands away from my face and looked directly into my eyes.

 

“I also hear you clearly, and I can also feel you. See?” He waved my hand in front of he’s face.

 

“Why aren’t you like the others? Why don’t you just ignore me or bully me like they do?” I pinched my eyebrows together and looked at him directly.

 

 “It’s because I see something in you that they couldn’t.” He smiled warmly. I looked at him confused.

 

“I see a brave girl. Even though you miss your mom so much and even though you’re having a hard time, I never once saw you complain or cry in front of anyone.” He wiped a falling tear away from my face.

 

“How would you know?” I searched his eyes for answers.

 

“I’m the quiet boy who sits at the back of the class. Quietly watching from the back.” He chortled then looked at me again. “I also lost my dad, he risked his life just to save mine.” He sat beside and started telling me his backstory.

 

“After his death all I did was stay miserable, cry all day long and forget the main reason why he saved me.” He lowered his head and sighed.

 

“It was because I was his son and he loves me.” He looked up at the clouds and smiled. “Once I realized that, I pulled myself together and told myself. ‘Yah! Daehyun! Do you really want your dad’s love to be wasted like this?’” He chuckled.

 

“Do you miss your dad too?” I peeked at his face.

 

“A lot~ but that longing for him only gives me more strength to stay strong~” He smiled brightly.

“Plus you know us men, were stubborn~!” He nudged my shoulder and we both chuckled.

 

“Waah~ your smiling! And chuckling! Just for the record you look prettier when you smile.” He ruffled my bangs.

 

“Thanks~” I smiled sincerely at him. “I think starting from now, I’ll start being stronger. For mom…and dad~”

 

“And for yourself.” He pointed at me with he’s index finger. “I’ll cheer you on~” He gave my hand an encouraging squeeze.

 

*Riiiiing*

 

“We better head back to class, hey from now on, I’m going to sit beside you in class so that jerk won’t bother you anymore. If you allow me that is~” He rubbed his neck shyly.

 

“I’d love to…ah.” I tried to remember his name.

 

“Jung Daehyun~” He saluted gleefully. “Umm, Zoe…Are you really leaving soon? I heard some rumors and—“ He began.

 

“I don’t think I need to anymore. If I want to get stronger then I’ll have to stay here and face everything!” I smiled.

 

“Ah that’s right, the first step to getting stronger is facing your fears young one~” He said in a wise old sensei tone.

 

“Hai sensei~” I bumped my fists together and bowed.

 

 

After I met Daehyun, I’ve gained more confidence, and became stronger. We became best friends. Soon after, we met another girl who became our friend. Sonjin.

The three of us had a strong bond that was impossible to be broken, until Daehyun left the country. It was so sudden, and unexpected.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

{I’m waiting for the moonlight so I can find you in this perfect dream, don’t think that you can hide there in the shadows, girl you’re not invisible. You’re all that I can see.} [frm.Jonas L.A]

 

I listened till the end of the song that was playing in my alarm.

 

You’re not invisible….” I whispered while I placed my forearm on my forehead and hummed the song’s melody.

 

“I wonder how he’s doing?” I rolled to my side and pictured his image inside my head. -The last time I saw him was when we were both crying. Begging his mom to cancel the flight to L.A. –

 

“Zoe! Are you awake yet?” Zelo knocked on my door.

 

“Yeah~ I’ll be out in a sec.” I jumped out of bed and headed to the toilet.

 

“Ok~ Hey Zoe, I think I burned the pancakes~ and…maybe the oven too…” He said the last part slowly and quietly. I run to my door and opened it while the toothbrush was still in my mouth.

 

“Wahhht??” I took out my toothbrush from my mouth and blurted out.

 

“Yah! you just spit toothpaste on my shirt!” He wiped his shirt clean.

 

“What did you say about my oven??? YOU BURNED IT???” I shouted.

 

“First let’s go rinse your mouth before you spit toothpaste in my mouth~” He pushed me back to my bathroom.

 

“ZELO!!!” I blurted at his face.

 

“OWW! THAT STINGS~!!” He whined while rubbing his sore eyes.

 

“Oh byanae~” I rinsed my mouth and seated him on my bed.

 

“Stay here and don’t rub your eyes, it will only make it worse.” I instructed and went to fill a cup of cold water.

 

“Here, give me your face.” I cupped his face and started wiping off the toothpaste from he’s eyes slowly.

 

“There try to open them.” I wiped more cold water around he’s eyes.

 

“Ahh! Still stings..” He was starting to tear up.

 

“Alright keep them closed for a few seconds then.” He did as I instructed.

 

“Hey, I really didn’t burn anything, I just wanted you to come down faster so I said that~” He pouted, eyes still closed. –Aigoo you’re so childish –

 

“I made you breakfast. I really worked hard to make it, so you better eat it while it’s still hot. Ahh! This really stings!” He tried to rub he’s eyes again but I caught his hands right on time.

 

“Thanks Zelo~” Unexpectedly I kissed his closed eye, then both he’s eyes flew open staring at me, blinking at me in surprise.

 

“Ahh…my mom…she used to do that to me whenever I stung my eyes.” I turned my head away. “I’ll go down first, wouldn’t want the breakfast to get cold~” I excused and left the room.

 

As soon as I got to the kitchen I sighed heavily and started hitting my head from both sides. –Pabo! Pabo! Why’d I just do that? My mom didn’t do that when I stung my eyes, she did that before I slept! –

 

*Doorbell*

 

“Huh? Is that oppa?” I went to the door and opened it.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo neighbor~” A guy bowed 90 degrees and greeted.

 

“Ah hi neighbor? —“ I said uncertain, as soon as he stood up straight to face me I almost chocked on my own saliva.

 

“You! The weird masked dude from the marathon!” I blurted out while I pointed my finger at him.

 

“Nice to see you again~” He said cheerfully with only his eye smile visible under he’s mask. 

 

[ He's supposed to be wearing a mask here with that smile~ xD but I couldn't find a pic of him smiling like this with he's mask on. -.-'' ]

================

 

: Daehyun is Zoe's new neighbor! xD This is going to be fun~ ^^

: This chp. was inspired by Joe jonas's song "You're not invisible~" If I didn't watch that ep. of jonas L.A I wouldn't have thought about this chp. xD

Look forward to the next chp. Pyeong~ =]★