The cheek poker~

My robot buddy~

 

“Yah! Zelo…Wake up! What’s wrong with you? Did your system really get frozen?” I kept shaking him but still no response. It’s been 10 minutes already. –This won’t do, I have to call appa-

 

I took the holo-pad and contacted my dad. As soon as the 3D image appeared I placed the H-pad on the table.

 

“Annyeong~!” I was expecting my dad but Himchan oppa appeared instead.

 

“Oh oppa. Where’s appa?” I asked.

 

“He’s sort of busy right now, you can leave a message and I’ll tell him.” He smiled reassuringly.

 

“Oppa it’s about Zelo.” My voice started to sound panicky and he’s eyes grew serious.

 

“What about Zelo? Did something happen?” He asked worriedly. I didn’t know how to explain properly so I just showed him Zelo’s state.

 

“Look for your self.” I closed my eyes in hopes that he won’t bring me bad news. “Oppa?” I finally asked after waiting for him to speak.

 

“Pabo! You probably think he’s dead don’t you?” He chuckled. I bit my lower lip and lowered my head.

 

“Pabo!” He repeated. “He’s just recharging. It doesn’t take long, about 5 minutes and he’ll wake up again.”

I sighed in relief but then I noticed something.

 

“But oppa, it’s already been 10 minutes.”

 

“And he’s still not awake? Wait did you feed him anything icy?” He asked raising he’s eyebrows.

 

“Ah…well…I…might’ve given him ice cream” I confessed.

 

“Pabo!” again he repeated.

“Alright already I get it! Could you please stop saying that! Just tell me what I should do.” I said irritated.

 

“You’ll have to wait for another 5 minutes. Feeding him icy treats slows down his ability to recharge by 10 minutes. I kinda learned that the hard way.” He sighed.

 

“Oh so it’s not only me whose pabo. Pabo!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

 

“Hey cut me some slack, I barely knew he was half robot back when I first met him. Anyway, just don’t feed him anymore icy treats who knows how badly it could affect him.” He advised.

 

“You should’ve just sent an instruction manual you know. Is that too much to ask?” I said lazily.

 

“First of all he’s not just a machine he’s bionic—“ He started.

 

“I know I know. He’s also human. Mr. bionic already gave this speech.” I nodded. “So anything else I need to know? Like is he allowed to drink water or get wet?” I asked.

 

“Since he’s half human, he’s bionic system is water proof. You weren’t thinking of thirsting him or not letting him take a bath were you?” He raised an eyebrow at me.

 

“See this is why it’s good to ask. Anything else?”

 

“You might’ve probably seen his hair change color by now, knowing you I bet you already picked a fight with him.” He grinned.

 

“I guess I’d be lying if I denied it. Humph” I said while crossing my arms.

 

“Then you already saw he’s hair red, that happens when he gets angry. He’s like a tomato when that happens.” He laughed while probably remembering he’s own memory with it.

 

“Then what’s pink?” curiosity swept across my face.

 

“I don’t think he’ll ever be shy around YOU~” He sang.

 

“You probably did something that made him happy then. Hmm He’s hair would always turn pink whenever I complimented him, always made him happy. Great now I miss that little rascal.” He blew he’s bangs.

 

“Oh here’s a little advice. When he’s hair turns pure black…Keep a safe distance away from him.” He warned.

 

“W…Why?” I felt a bit nervous after remembering what happened with those guys.

 

“When he’s hair turns black, he automatically switches to combat mode. Like professor told you before he still lacks a few things. So there’s a possibility he may not recognize friend from foe.” He said seriously, there was something in he’s expression that hinted something.

 

“Did…you ever experience it?” I gulped.

 

“Almost broke some bones trying to calm him down.” He chuckled. “But luckily I was strong enough to handle it. All I needed was a taming weapon.” He smirked.

 

“Which was?” I raised an eyebrow.

 

“A special Taser!” He made a peace sign and stuck he’s tongue out.

 

“You tasered him?” My eyes grew wide.

 

“Oh common he’s a robot.” He shrugged.

 

“And part human~” I reminded, we both laughed.

-Himchan oppa is the second only male that I can get along with. Well almost. Heheh-

 

“Hey Zelo. Feeling better?” He smiled.

 

“Fully recharged.” Zelo answered from behind me. I was startled suddenly.

 

“Yah! Since when have you been standing there?” I asked in a surprise tone.

 

“Long enough to remember the feeling of me being tasered.” He raised an eyebrow at Himchan oppa.

 

“Ah hahah. I just remembered the professor told me to do something. Gotta go~” He smiled nervously and waved goodbye. Suddenly he’s image disappeared.

 

“So...” I began, feeling a bit awkward after thinking he was dead. –Ah…I’m so embarrassing seriously-  I rubbed my neck awkwardly.

 

“Did your dad install a mood program in you too?” He asked casually. I just tilted my head in confusion.

Suddenly he leaned in close and poked my cheek.

 

“Your face is red. See it’s turning redder.” He blinked at me. –He’s so close. What the heck is he doing-

 

I cleared my throat and spoke. “It’s probably because of the heat, I’ll go turn up the AC.” I turned up the AC and headed to my room. –I wasn’t lying; it really was hot in there. It’s already late. I better go to sleep-

 

As soon as I opened the door to my room I remembered something. “I didn’t show him his room yet. He can sleep in the guest room at the end of the hall.”

 

“Zelo---umff” I suddenly bumped into something.

“De?” He looked at me blankly.

 

“How did you…never mind. I’ll show you to your room follow me.” I lead him across the hall where the room was and gestured for him to enter. “I’ll go on ahead. Goodnight.” He entered and sat on the comfy bed.

 

“Goodnight” he said and I went back to my room.

 

For some reason I wasn’t able to sleep that night. Two hours passed and soon they became four. I kept having those same nightmares and they didn’t allow me to rest. I finally decided to get out of my room. I went to the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of my favorite drink. Yakult. Next I went to the balcony to get some fresh air.

 

“The moon looks beautiful.” I whispered to myself.

 

“Pretty isn’t it?” A soft voice spoke. I looked up and saw Zelo sitting on the edge of the roof while swinging his legs.

 

“Zelo? How’d you get there?”

 

“Don’t you ever get tired of asking me that? I mean you already asked me about 3 times today.” He pointed out.

 

“Well sorry if I’m not used to seeing someone dangling from a chandelier, or sitting at the edge of a rooftop.” I put my hand on my hips.

 

“Wanna come up here? The weather’s great here.” He asked. I nodded and went to the ladder and started climbing my way up.

 

“Really?” He raised his eyebrows.

 

“What?” I blinked twice.

 

“There’s a ladder?” He crossed his arms. “It’s always been there.” I pointed out.

 

“Then why did you ask me how I got here?”

 

“I don’t know. It just seemed like something I should say?” I answered uncertain. He rolled he’s eyes and chuckled.

 

“Now what?” I asked confused.

 

“You know when I offered you to come up here I was actually going to use the same way I got here. By leaping up while carrying you on my back.” He winked.

 

“You actually jumped? And didn’t use the ladder?” My eyes were wide in surprise.

 

“What do you expect? I am bionic after all.” He grinned.

 

“Must be pretty cool to be bionic.” I stated.

 

“If you count not being able to express how you feel, and forgetting how real emotions feel like then no. I guess it’s not all that great.” He gazed deeply into the starry sky.

 

“Guess not…” I felt a bit of guilt stirring up in me.

 

“I only know how I feel when my hair changes color. If not for that, I’d totally be immune from all possible emotion that stirs up in me.”

 

“Maybe you’re not so bad after all.” I placed my hand on he’s shoulder. “For a boy I mean.” I handed him a bottle of yakult and started sipping mine.

 

“Is that supposed to be a compliment?” He chortled and started drinking from he’s bottle.

 

“I think now I understand why appa really sent you here.” I looked up at the sky.

 

“Why’s that?” He looked at me in curiosity.

 

“It’s because we both lack something. And I think the only way to fix that is by helping each other.” He blinked innocently at me.

 

“Tell you what. I’ll help you recognize these typical human emotions, and you can help me get over with my awkwardness.” I smiled brightly.

 

“Alright. Deal~” He held out he’s hand, and this time before I could hesitate any longer he grasped my hand and shook it firmly.

 

“Since my dad asked us to take care of each other, this practically makes us family right?”

 

“Mmm, Yep. Guess so.” He nodded.

 

“Then I have to teach you the proper hand shake of the Lee family. Invented by no other than Lee Zoe herself!” I smiled gleefully. I taught him the handshake. First you unite your pinkys, then you press your thumbs together and finally you bump fists with the other hand.

 

“Easy enough?” I asked. He nodded.

 

“Hey, you said were family now right?”

 

“Yep~” I smiled.

 

“Then…is it ok if I add one more step to the handshake?” He asked hopefully. I gave it a thought and it seemed like a good idea.

 

“Sure!” I approved.

 

We did the first three steps again and for the additional move, Zelo leaned in close and poked my cheek.

 

“That’s the additional move?” I blinked at him. He nodded happily. “Araso! Today the cheek poker is officially part of the Lee family handshake~” Suddenly he’s hair turned pink. Then I remembered what Himchan oppa told me earlier.

 

“Then what’s pink?” curiosity swept across my face.

“I don’t think he’ll ever be shy around YOU~” He sang.

“You probably did something that made him happy then.”

 

-So this means Zelo is happy right? – I examined his face. Even though his face seemed expressionless, there was a glint of happiness that was showing. –I guess it won’t be as complicated as I thought it would be- I smiled and looked up at the stars.

 

 

======================

: So things are starting to warm up now I guess ^^ 

Next chapter will be the first apearance of bang yongguk, look forwar to it~ pyeong~! =]★