My treat~

My robot buddy~

 

 

,. Yongguk’s pov.,

 

The house felt empty as usual and till now I haven’t gotten used to it. Both my parents are in America right now, they didn’t want to stay in Korea because it reminded them so much of my little brother. Because of his illness…he’s not here anymore. It’s been more than 4 years already, and yet I can’t help but miss him. I couldn’t handle the gloomy atmosphere that the house always had so I would usually go outside. In the after noon I decided to visit the bakery shop me and my brother love and read he’s favorite book there.

–Reliving my memories with him is the only thing that can bring me comfort-

 

“Annyeonghaseyo~” The staff greeted, I bowed back.

 

I went to my usual spot beside the window and set my backpack on it so no one else would sit there. I took my wallet and went to the counter to get something to eat. I had to wait for the other costumer to pay and get her food but she looked like she had a problem. She was digging through her bag and her pockets.

 

“Ah please wait.” She said and kept searching.

-I think she forgot her wallet. She must feel quite awkward, it happened to me too. Hmm, I think I should help her-

 

Before she could apologize and cancel the order I paid on her behalf instead.

 

“Oh gomawo Zelo.” She said and turned to me. –Oh! It’s her again. Why do I feel like were destined to meet? Coincidence? Let’s find out-

 

After seeing that I’m not the person she expected she stood there frozen, eyes wide, and she bit her lip. I wanted to get her attention so I snapped my finger.

 

“Hello~? Anyone there?” I snapped my fingers again.

 

Still nothing she stood there like a statue, -I wonder what kinds of thoughts are surfacing her mind right now? -

 

“Your funny.” I chortled.

 

“Do I look like a clown to you?” She suddenly snapped. -O oh! Did I make her angry? -

 

But her expression said otherwise, she just avoided my gaze and lowered her head. –I think she’s embarrassed? Common yongguk say something to her –

 

“Gomawo~ isn’t that what your suppose to say?” I said

And ducked my head to meet her eyes.

 

“Ah byanae-yo. Gomawo-yo~” She finally looked at me and said. –Silly girl, why are you apologizing? –

I couldn’t help but chuckle at her innocent expression.

-Even up close like this she doesn’t seem to recognize me. I guess she really doesn’t remember me –

 

“I’m bang yongguk by the way, we attend the same school.” I introduced myself in hopes that she might recognize me.

 

“Ah de. I’m aware.” She said quietly. I nodded my head hoping that she’ll finally remember. “I’m Lee Zoe, freshman.” She continued. –Pabo! I already know who you are. But if I tell her that, she might think that I’m a stalker. I guess I have no choice –

 

“Nice to meet you Zoe~” I smiled warmly at her and held out my hand. –Maybe she might remember when the right time comes. If we’re really destined to meet then she has to remember -

 

She was about to shake my hand when a boy placed a wallet in her hand.

 

“How did…” She wondered. –Is that her brother? But wasn’t she an only child? Maybe a distant relative? –

“That guy who bumped into you stole it. Better keep your guard up next time.” The boy said coolly.

-Wow for a thin boy he could actually manage a thief? Amazing~ -

 

“Your welcome.” He shrugged then carried the tray away and went back to he’s table.

 

“Ah, here.” Zoe held out money to me.

 

“Think of it as my treat.” I pushed her hand and winked. After that I just went back to my table.

-Well that was cheesy - *sigh*

 

 

,.Zoe’s pov.,

 

“So who was that guy?” Zelo asked while munching on he’s croissant.

 

“Ah he’s my…our sanbae.” I answered after taking a sip of my warm hot Choco. –Warm. Just like sanbae’s smile. – I smiled. –What the heck! Why am I thinking about him! –

 

“So that means we’ll be seeing him often at school right?” He said while chewing. My heart skipped a beat at the thought. –Aish! What’s wrong with me? Am I choking? –

 

“Are you gonna eat that?” He asked as soon as he finished what he was eating.

 

“Someone’s pretty hungry.” I pointed out then passed my strawberry harmonica to his plate.

 

“After all that running and fighting of course I’d be.” He looked at me then turned his attention back to the food.

 

“You fought?! “ My eyes grew wide. –I hope nothing bad happened. –

“Well how else would I retrieve you wallet?” He answered with another question.

 

“About that thanks zelo. I didn’t pay attention, sorry.” I said. “But nothing…bad happened right?” I asked concerned.

 

“Of course not. I chased after him, he tried to fight back but was no match for me. Then I took him to the police station.” He answered coolly.

 

“That’s…all?” I asked worriedly.

 

“Of course, what else do you expect?” he said.

-Your hair turning black, and you switching to combat mode – I avoided his gaze in hopes that he won’t see my worried expression.

 

“Don’t worry no one was hurt.” He said looking directly at me. –Did he read me again? –

 

“Araso. Are you finished? We have to get back home so that we can organize your stuff.” I changed the topic. He swallowed the last bite and gave me thumbs up.

 

“Alright let’s go.” We both stood up, but before leaving I suddenly stopped. “Wait, we should go greet sanbae before we leave and thank him again for paying.” I told zelo.

 

“Ok, no problem.” He nodded. –He seems so obedient today –

 

“Sanbae, Were leaving we just wanted to thank you again for the…ah…” I scratched my temple.

 

“My treat?” He continued.

 

“Ah de.” I slightly bowed.

 

“No problem, you can ask me again any time.” He smiled. I wanted to ask him the same thing then something caught my attention.

 

“Oh that book.” I pointed at the book in his hands.

 

“Oh yeah, back at the library!” He snapped his fingers and smiled even more.

 

“Th…That was you sanbae?” I gulped.

 

“Ah Hehehe yeah, sorry I scared you back then.” He rubbed his neck.

 

“Ah aniyo, I should apologize, byanae-yo.” I scratched my temple again and lowered my head.

 

“I’m starting to think that your future conversations would be full of “Thank you” and apologies. If you don’t stop it soon, it will never end.” Zelo said while staring into space.

 

“true. Oh I haven’t introduced myself to you yet right? I’m bang yongguk, how’re you doing?” He held out his hand to Zelo.

 

“I’m doing good. Zelo. I guess we’ll be schoolmates by tomorrow. So I should call you sanbae right?” He said while shaking sanbae’s hand.

 

“Is tomorrow your first day? I can give you a tour if you want. And you can call me hyung.” Sanbae offered.

 

“I’ll think about it~” Zelo shrugged coolly. 

 

The two of them continued their conversation normally. –They’re talking and even joking with each other as if they’ve known each other for a while. Sanbae sure does know how to do a good first impression. Sure beats MY first impression - *sigh*

 

They were suddenly cut off when I sighed and looked at me. “Oh Zoe-ya byanae~. I should stop talking.” He covered his mouth with his hands.

 

“Ah Ani-yo sanbae! I’m actually happy to see the both of you get along~ I actually find it interesting how the two of you can interact so normally regardless that you just met.” I smiled brightly.

 

“Really? I guess I didn’t realize that till now.” He chuckled.

 

“Zoe’s usually awkward with guys, that’s why she finds it interesting.” Zelo shrugged. I gave him a death glare and he just blinked at me innocently.

 

After saying our farewells we finally head home. I felt so exhausted that I went straight to my room and crashed on my bed.

 

“Hello bed~” I sang and drifted off to dreamland.

 

 

,.Zelo’s pov.,

 

As soon as we reached the house I placed the things we bought in living room so we can organize them, then I went to the kitchen to store the food that we bought. After putting the drinks in the kitchen I went to find Zoe, she wasn’t in the living room so I went to her room.

 

“Zoe?” I knocked on her door, she didn’t answer so opened the door to see if she was there. As soon as I poked my head in between the opening I saw Zoe peacefully asleep on her bed. –I should let her sleep; she must be really tired –

Before I could leave and close the door behind me I went back inside. Zoe was lying flat on her belly at the edge of the bed so I turned her over and fixed her position, and finally I covered her comfortably with the blanket. “Goodnight Zoe.” I whispered to her and softly poked her cheek, then left the room.

 

I finally finished organizing my stuff and tidied up the place. -And now it’s my turn to rest~ -

I went to my room and lied in my bed, but I didn’t sleep yet. I kept thinking of what that thief said.

 

 

~~~~~~

 

As soon as I caught up to him I grabbed him by the back of he’s collar and snatched the wallet away from him.

 

“You know it isn’t nice to steal.” I told him.

 

“You can have the wallet! Money is not what I’m really after.” He sneered.

 

“Then why steal this wallet?” I asked confused.

 

“Don’t you get it? I was hoping that the girl would chase after me. But sadly you came instead.” He glared at me. -What is this guy talking about? –

 

“What do you want with her?” I pinned him against the wall.

 

“Why should I tell you?” He lifted he’s chin up and looked down on me.

 

“Don’t test me.” I said in a threatening tone.

 

“You wanna know so badly? Fine! I want access to one of her father’s inventions, and she’s the only way I can get it.” He smirked. Then suddenly he’s expression changed. “If I didn’t know any better your hair was blonde just a second ago.” He said flabbergasted.

 

“And now it’s black isn’t it?” I looked directly into his eyes and as he stared back, fear grew in them.

I couldn’t control myself so I punched him hard. Just that one punch knocked him totally out. After sending him to the police station I ran back to the bakery shop in hyper speed before Zoe gets worried.

 

~~~~~~~

 

“If that guy can talk so confidently like that then it means two things, either he’s totally insane. Or he’s not planning this alone.” I thought.

–I have to protect Zoe no matter what –

 

=========================

 

:: This chapter was supposed to be longer and fun, but I had to stop here because of a massive headache. -.-''

So I had no choice but to stop typing. 

I'll try to update as soon as possible, byanaeyo~ ='(