19

The Puppeteer

 

Yongguk and I both loved rain. We loved the way it sounded as it struck the windows of our apartment, and the grey colour the world became whenever the weather turned stormy. We would curl up on the couch together and simply take some time to enjoy each other’s presence. It was something we had done even as children, the only thing that changed was the level of intimacy.

I rested my head on his chest and felt one arm slide around my waist as the other came to rest on the side of my torso. We fit together perfectly. It was comfortable. “Prettychan?” He whispered, probably trying not to wake me up just in case. I fell asleep sometimes when we were like this and ever since he had told me I didn’t have to take the bad sleep poisons I hadn’t been sleeping well. I was tired most of the time. I hummed to let him know I had heard him, not bothering to tell him that the nickname was stupid. “I love you.”

I smiled softly, nuzzling my face against his chest gently. “I love you too Guk.” I tilted my head so I could look up at him. If we were going to be having a conversation then I wanted to be able to see him, it made me feel more comfortable. He knew that and showed that he understood by helping me reposition myself in his grasp. “Sleepy…”

“Did you sleep last night?” He spoke quietly, it sounded sort of like he was dozing off. I knew he hadn’t slept well the night before, but only because I had been awake as well. I had tried to appease him by pretending to be asleep, but that meant I knew exactly how late he had come to bed and how much tossing and turning he had been doing through the night.

“Better than you did.”

“I’m just stressed, it’s not a big deal. You need sleep more than I do.” He rubbed my lower back, probably attempting to make me forget that he was scolding me. I wanted to pout but I controlled my face, he thought he was doing the right thing. “You look really beautiful when you’re trying to stay awake though.”

I whined and smacked his chest. He was being gross. He had always thought it was cute when my eyes would cross, he’d even told me that when we had been kids. He had always told me I was cute – one of his first sentences had been “Chan is cute” and there was video evidence.

“You’re beautiful all the time.” He added after a few seconds. He was cheesy, but I wasn’t going to complain that much. He kissed the top of my head and I felt him nuzzle his nose into my hair. “You should take a nap, Baby.”

“No…” I whined again. I didn’t want to nap. I was enjoying what we were doing. There was very little time for us to spend together without anything else getting in the way. We both had stress that was getting in the way of our relationship. It was nice to be able to ignore it. Jaehwa hadn’t shown up again but I was still worried about whatever was going on at Yongguk’s office. “It’s raining.”

There were a few moments that passed before Yongguk responded to me. I listened to the rain fall, jumping slightly each time the thunder sounded. I wondered if he was going to tell me I needed to sleep and threaten to give me my medications, and I got more nervous the longer he didn’t say anything. I didn’t want him to decide I had to take the sleep poisons again. I was doing mostly fine without them. “Will you nap when the rain stops?” The rain was meant to continue for several more hours so I nodded my head. I was sure he would forget about my promise by the time the rain stopped. “Hey, Channie?” He mumbled after a while and I hummed in response. “Do you want to go play outside?”

“What?” It was pouring down rain. Yongguk would cancel dinner dates if it was raining, it made no sense for him to ask if I wanted to go outside in a storm.

He rotated me in his grasp and sat up. I groaned at the new position as I grabbed at his chest. I had been comfortable in the position we had been in before. This new one wasn’t anywhere near as satisfying. “We use to play in the rain when we were younger, let’s go do that now?”

We hadn’t done that since we were teenagers. The last time had been right before I had turned sixteen. We had been playing outside in the middle of a storm when he’d suddenly stopped. When I tried to ask him what was wrong he had grabbed onto my shoulders and slammed our lips together hard enough to split my lips. After making out for a few minutes he pulled back, freaked out, and ran away. We didn’t speak until my birthday the following week. It was the longest we had ever gone without seeing each other. He hadn’t accepted the fact that he might not like girls yet. It was something we chose not to talk about.

“It’ll be fun.” He pressed a kiss to my forehead and his fingers played at my sides. “Please go outside with me Himchannie?” He pulled some sort of face that I assumed was meant to be a pout. Yongguk shouldn’t pout.

I put my hand over the lower half of his face, hiding the weird grimace he had pulled his lips in to. “You look ridiculous.” I grinned, ignoring the feeling of his tongue sliding up my palm. His spit had no effect on me; I’d been experiencing his bodily fluids for years. “I don’t know why you want this, but sure. Let’s go play in the rain.”

He clapped his hands, clearly extremely excited about what I had agreed to do with him. I did my best to ignore how weird he was being and slid off of his lap. “We haven’t done this since we were kids, it’ll be fun Channie.” He ran his hand through my hair when he stood up and pulled me to the front door. It was rare that he got this excited about things and I couldn’t bring myself to fight against it.

My intent had been to take my time putting my shoes on just to rebel silently but Yongguk had a huge smile on his face and I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I slipped my shoes on and was pulled out the door seconds later. By the time we made it outside the street in front of our apartment building had started flooding and it didn’t like the rain was going to let up any time soon. It made me feel even safer in my thoughts that I wouldn’t have to take a nap.

“Hey Channie?” Once we had made it out from underneath any sort of shield he stopped moving and turned to face me. His hand immediately moved to my and a -eating grin appeared on his face. I rolled my eyes but that didn’t deter him at all. “Do you remember the last time we did this?” I nodded my head, pushing him away a little bit. “I never apologised. For, y’know, what I did.”

“Kissing me and running away?”

“Yeah… that… I was a stupid kid I guess, but it worked out.” He squeezed my behind, smiling nervously. “I kiss you all the time now and don’t run away.” He leaned in and pressed our lips together gently, pulling back before I had a chance to react. “I like kissing you now.”

“You brought me outside in the rain so you could make up for running away over ten years ago?”

He nodded his head, his hair already plastered to his forehead. I reached up to move it out of his eyes but he grabbed onto my wrist. I whined softly but he ignored it and pulled me against his chest. “I love you Channie.” He pressed our lips together again, and this time he didn’t pull away. 

______

Yay another stort about their past~ so in this chapter they were cuddling then went outside and yongguk apologised for hurting himchan when they were kids. yep. I don't know why I bother with author's notes, I never have anything at all to say. So... I'll see you guys Saturday, I'm going to my mother's house for the weekend so I can get my hair done. that's important stuff right there~
Leave me nice comments~? Bai~~