17

The Puppeteer

I didn’t make it out of the apartment. My mind had been made up and some of my things were packed but I only made it to the living room before I had to stop. A short woman was standing in the living room with a smirk plastered across her small face. I decided I would ignore the fact that her nose was too large for her face, she was pretty enough even with her oversized nose. “Where are you going Himchan?” She grabbed my shoulders and shoved me down onto the couch. “You can’t leave.” She kicked my bag over, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Who are you?” I didn’t know how to react so a strange woman being in my apartment without my permission. She was short and likely weighed half of what I did so I could probably take her if I had to but I didn’t want it to come to that. Hitting girls wasn’t something I enjoyed doing. Not that I had an extensive record of that or anything.

She rolled her eyes. Apparently my question didn’t please her. “That’s irrelevant, but you can call me Jaehwa.” She was clearly not pleased with me. I thought it was acceptable to ask the name of a strange woman standing in my home. She pulled her long hair into a tight ponytail as she glared at me. “You can’t leave this apartment.”

I didn’t like being told what to do. This woman had no place telling me what to do. I didn’t even know who she was. She obviously had a lot of gall, if breaking into a detective’s house was any thing to base that opinion on. “I’m leaving.” I shot a glare up at her. I was doing what was best for Yongguk and this strange woman had no place telling me to do otherwise. “Yongguk deserves better.” My mind was made up.

“You’re staying here Himchan.” She kicked my bag over, raising her eyebrow as though she wanted me to try and defy her. I didn’t. “We’re looking into your boyfriend’s office.” There were a few seconds of silence before she sat down on Yongguk’s recliner. “We don’t think he’s involved but we need you to stay here for him.”

I nodded my head, not sure what else to do. If what this woman was saying was true then it was better for me to stay with Yongguk. “What are you looking in to?” I figured it was something I needed to know. If I was looking after Yongguk.

“Nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about.” She patted my cheek gently. “Just do whatever we tell you and Yongguk will be kept out of this.” I bit my lip slightly. Her words worried me. She said they didn’t think Yongguk was involved but then promised to keep Yongguk out of it. Could that mean he was involved? That was something I didn’t want to be true. “Can you follow instructions Himchan?” I nodded my head. I didn’t want Yongguk to be in trouble. “Good boy Channie. I’ll come back if I need your services for anything else. I suggest you go fix things with your boyfriend. What kind of heartless person would leave a boy that was sobbing and begging them to stay?”

“I thought I was doing the right thing…”  

“Good intentions don’t get you anywhere Himchan.” She kicked my bag again, pointing towards the bedroom Yongguk was sleeping in. “He’ll stay out of this as long as you keep an eye on him.” There was a few moments of silence before she stood up and walked out of the apartment. It was one of the stranger occurrences of my life. Of course I’d had stranger when I was in a bad place but this ranked up there with them.

I wrapped my arms around my waist and thought about what to do. I was making Yongguk miserable but I didn’t want him to get in trouble for whatever his office was doing. I wondered if I could do better for him. That would be ideal. Then I could stay with him and make him happy. That was all I wanted. I didn’t want him to get swept up in whatever his office was doing wrong.

After debating with myself for over an hour I decided staying with Yongguk would be for the best. It wasn’t selfish because I was protecting him. We could both be happy that way. I put my bag back in his bedroom and then walked over to the one he was sleeping in. I didn’t know if he would still want me to stay after I’d hurt him but I had to make it work.

I pulled my jeans off and slid into the bed next to him, grabbing onto his shirt and pressing flush against him. He was still crying and I tried to ignore the way my heart clinched at the sight. It I didn’t want to hurt him, I would never want that, but it seemed like I wasn’t capable of doing anything else. “Gukkie…” I shook him gently, wiping his tears with my free hand. “Gukkie wake up?”

He stirred slightly but his eyes stayed closed. It was obvious he wasn’t sleeping well. His face kept scrunching up and soft whimpers slipped through his lips every couple of seconds. Seeing like this was terrible. Yongguk was strong. He wasn’t the type of person to be in such a weak and miserable state. I wanted nothing more than to be the person he deserved, but it wasn’t something I was capable of doing.

I lifted my chin enough to press our lips together. “Gukkie, it’s Himchan.” I kissed him again. “Open your eyes?”

He whined loudly as he opened his eyes, rolling away from me once his vision returned. When I grabbed onto him to try and pull him back he sniffled and shrugged me off of him. “I’m dreaming…” He mumbled, keeping his eyes on the wall. “You’re here so I must be dreaming.”

“I changed my mind Gukkie…” I threw my body over his and held onto him as tightly as I could. I still thought it would be better for his emotional state if I left him but he was safer with me around. At least until the problem was resolved with his office. “I hated seeing you cry… it made me realise you need me too…”

“I don’t want you to leave me… I’m happy with you…” He threw his arms around my body and held me tightly. “You’re all I have Channie… the love of my life, my best friend, everything…” He pressed his lips against my jaw, kissing up my jawline. “Nothing means anything if you’re not there next to me Channie…”

_______

\o/ update~ some of you seemed to think Himchan was planning to suicide, which I suppose would have happened eventually if he left Yongguk, but nope he was just moving out, until this lady showed up and told him no. So yay lady~
Um I was thinking about doing comment responses but then I remembered that I'm not the nicest person in the world so I might come off as mean even if I don't mean to be. I update on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday so there's no reason to tell me to update soon or to be surprised when I update on those days cos that's what I do. I should go eat something so I'm gonna go make pizza, see you Tuesday~

:D Leave me pretty comments please~ I like comments they make me happy and so I write more. 
Also go read Stir Crazy.