15

The Puppeteer

 

Government started making me go to work with him again when I agreed to speak to him again. He put a mattress in his office and let me sleep on it while he did his work. His work was boring anyway, I was angry with him, and I got a headache when I glared at him for too long. All of those things combined made sleeping the best thing for me to do in his office.

I was doing just that – curled up in a tight ball under a thin blanket on my mattress – when someone started shaking me. I assumed it was my liar boyfriend so I pretended that I hadn’t been woken up. I didn’t have anything to say to him. I was sleepy. I was mad at him and I was sleepy. “Himchan.” That wasn’t Yongguk’s voice and the shaking continued. I wondered if there was an emergency of some sort and opened one of my eyes just in case. It was the mean detective.

I curled up even tighter in an attempt to get away from him. He wasn’t going to say anything nice to me and I wasn’t going to take that. I was too tired. “Go away…”

“Yongguk wants to leave you.” He told me, pulling my blanket off of my body. I bit my lip but knew better than to believe what he was saying to me. He was always cruel and always caused problems for Yongguk. I didn’t like him. “You’re lucky he’s put up with your for so long, but he’s getting tired of you.” He pressed his lips against my ear. I didn’t like his touch. “Do you really think he wants to take care of a crazy man for the next sixty years?”

After a few seconds of struggle he tightened his grip on my arms and kept his lips against my ear. I wasn’t sure if I wanted Yongguk to come in and save me or not. It could have looked bad if he saw the position we were in. It wasn’t fair that Yongguk had to take care of me – the detective was right about that – and Yongguk was the government but that didn’t mean I wanted him to leave me.

“He wants to leave you but he’d feel so guilty leaving an insane man to his own devices.” I hated the way his tongue flicked out against my ear and the feeling of his breath on my flesh. “You’d probably kill yourself if Yongguk left you, wouldn’t you?” He seemed to take pleasure in my whimper, if his chuckle was anything to go on. “Or would you threaten to kill yourself so he wouldn’t leave at all?”

I mumbled that I wasn’t manipulative that way but he laughed at me. I wouldn’t make Yongguk stay if he really wanted to leave me. He deserved to be happy. “He’d be happy if you would leave. He already has a full time job, he doesn’t need a second one. I’d be surprised if he could even get it up for a bother like you.” That was none of his business. His words weren’t even true either, Yongguk and I had had twice in less than two weeks. That was a lot. “He won’t be able to take it for much longer Himchan. You should leave before he has the chance to leave you. He’d be better off with you gone. Do you really think he has to stay here for two or three days at a time? Don’t you ever wonder if he just wants to stay here?”

I shoved him away from me, fighting against his grasp. He was lying. He had to be. Yongguk loved me. He said so. He was a liar though. I knew that. “Go away…” I mumbled, wiping at my eyes in hopes that he wouldn’t see the tears in them. He was upsetting me but that was what he wanted. “Leave me alone?”

He smirked slightly and ran his fingers through my hair. “Why should I do that Himchannie? You won’t do that for Yongguk. Do you think you deserve more than him?” I shook my head – telling myself that it was because I wanted him to stop touching me and not because I was agreeing with what he was saying. “Whenever anyone comes in here he tells them not to wake you up Channie.” He was using pet names now. I didn’t like that. “He knows he’d have to talk to you if you were awake. He doesn’t want that.”

I pushed at him again but he grabbed onto me. He was stronger than he looked. His hands slid my shirt up and I felt his nails scratching across my flesh. He was touching the bruises Yongguk had accidentally left on me and I tried to prepare myself for what he was going to say. “He must feel really bad for you. I can’t believe he still touches a nut case like you. Are you good in bed?”

“N-none of your b-business…” I mumbled, squeezing my eyes shut in a desperate attempt to keep myself from crying. I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction. I couldn’t understand why he was being so mean to me.

“You’re probably not anyway. There’s some pretty hot men around the station, I’m sure Yongguk can get his needs satisfied here. If he has with a woman that’ll probably get the job done too. He eyes our boss’s secretary a lot. He doesn’t need you for anything Channie. You should just end it. Everyone would be better off if you were dead. Yongguk especially.” He kissed my ear again and pushed me down onto the mattress just in time for me to burst into tears. He was right. I sobbed into the mattress, not even able to hear the detective’s words over the noise I was making.

I had no idea how long I stayed in that position before I was scooped up into someone’s arms. It didn’t help though. Being touched made me feel even worse. I didn’t deserve it. I didn’t deserve to be comforted. “Baby?” It was Yongguk and that only made me sob harder. I was making his life miserable. I didn’t deserve him. “Baby why are you crying?”

He sounded upset. I didn’t want him to be upset. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” I hid my face in his chest and sobbed until I had completely exhausted myself. I let him hold onto me and kiss all over my face without any fight. I didn’t have any fight left in me. I didn’t deserve to have Yongguk.

________

Woo~ sad chapter~ in case you didn't realise it Himchan was being tormented by a detective from Yongguk's department and now he's upset about that on top of being upset with Yongguk for the denist fiasco. -nods-
I hope you enjoyed it and now I'm gonna go pay my rent.

Leave lovely comments?