13

The Puppeteer

 

I did my best to behave while I was in the office. I didn’t want to cause anyone any problems and I wanted to prove to Yongguk that I could do it. The people working for the dentist seemed determined to see me fail though. Every time I asked for something they seemed to have some sort of policy that required them to do the exact opposite of what I had asked for.

Every minute that passed seemed to make me more nervous about where I was. The nurse looked like she wanted me to suffer and it terrified me to watch her put some sort of liquid into several syringes. I knew exactly what syringes were for and I wanted no part of it. I didn’t need to be sedated. I was behaving!

“Mr Kim, your charts show that it’s been five years since your last cleaning. Why haven’t you been in?” A woman asked from somewhere behind me and when I tried to rotate to look at her another nurse pushed me back down in to the chair. Apparently I wasn’t allowed to look at the person speaking to me.

I shrugged my shoulders, doing my best to keep calm. It was extremely unnerving to not be able to see the person I was speaking with. “I’ve just been busy. Yongguk didn’t think I was able to come and do this.” I tried to rotate my head in the direction of the voice but was once again unsuccessful. “I can’t see you.”

No one in the room said anything and my heart rate sped up instantly. I didn’t want to be speaking to some disembodied voice. Fortunately after a few moments a short Caucasian woman stepped in front of me holding a chart. “Is this better Mr Kim?”

I nodded my head and the woman gave me a sad smile. I wondered if Yongguk had warned them that I was crazy. That would be just like him.  He was ashamed of me. I knew he had to be. “Th-thank you…” I tried to smile at her but I was too upset.

“We’re just going to clean your teeth okay, Himchan-ssi?” The Caucasian woman sat down next to me, holding my chart still. “We’re going to put some tools in your mouth, alright?” A Korean woman held up two metal tools. “This one is a mirror and this is kind of a scraper.” The Caucasian woman continued talking to me as though I had never had my teeth cleaned. “We’re going to clean off your teeth with these first, okay?”

I nodded my head and opened my mouth so they could scrape my teeth. I just wanted this to be done. I felt myself getting nervous when the Korean woman accidentally scraped my gums with her tool. I forced myself to remember that this was good for me.

“This one just shoots water, okay?” The Korean woman held up another tool and the Caucasian woman explained it to me. “And this one will up the water so you don’t have to worry about swallowing it.”

I nodded again and let the woman start to work on my mouth. I tried not to think about where I was for a while but apparently that was a bad idea because I felt a faint pain in my gums and nearly panicked. I should have paid attention. She could have been doing something new without having told me what it was. I didn’t like that at all. I didn’t know these people, I shouldn’t have trusted them to put things in me. They could take advantage of it.

I grabbed on to the Korean woman’s wrist and tried to pull her tool out of my mouth. I didn’t want this anymore. The Caucasian woman pushed my hand down and that only served to make me more nervous. I pushed her away from me, whimpering when she tightened her grip on my wrist. “Himchan-ssi. Calm down?”

I didn’t know how she expected me to calm down though. They were putting weird implants in my mouth. I didn’t want them to track me. I didn’t want to be followed by the government or even Yongguk. I didn’t want Yongguk to track me. He didn’t have the right! I shoved at the Caucasian woman again, tearing up slightly. Yongguk should have told me that they were going to put implants in. I never would have agreed to that.

I struggled against them for as long as I could before four men ran into the room to hold me down. One of them put a needle in my arm and I tried to kick him but I couldn’t fight. They were stronger than me and apparently very determined to track my movements.

I faded out of consciousness and when I managed to regain control of my body Yongguk was in the room. He was apologising to one of them men that I had apparently punched. He sighed when he saw my eyes were open and apologised to everyone again. After a few moments he picked me up from the chair and pulled me to his chest. I rested my head on his shoulder, fighting to keep my eyes open. Whatever it was that the doctors had put in me I decided that I didn’t like it. It was bad. Poison.

“Channie…” He sighed, pressing a kiss to the side of my head. “It’s okay… The dentists didn’t do anything bad to you. I promise…” He tightened his grip on my thighs to make sure I didn’t fall. He apologised to everyone again and I felt him try to bow without dropping me.

He carried me out of the office and put me in the backseat of the car. I didn’t like what they had given me. It made me too lethargic. Anyone could do anything to me while I was in this state. Yongguk would need to protect me but I didn’t know if I could trust him to do that. He had put me in this state after all. He was working with the government. I didn’t know why they would want to track me but apparently they did. I wondered if there was something I knew that they didn’t want me to know. I wasn’t going to tell them anything. They couldn’t force me. I would stop talking to Yongguk if that was what it took. They were getting nothing.'

_____

Woo! Here's this. i'm updating late because I woke up late and had to go to school but then I got all dizzy so I came home to rest before I go take my exam in one hour.  
So this wasn't mentioned in the story because there was no way to make it work but Yongguk didn't go in to the office with Himchan because Hime has an unforunate habit of projecting his dillusions onto Yongguk so Yongguk thought it would be better if he wasn't in the room. He was wrong.
Soyes. I'm thinking about adding a third update day:

So answer that and leave some comments~?

Pai~