Let the games begin!

It all started at the Airport..

 

(Night Time)

Your POV

"Cheers!" everyone clink their glasses of drinks to begin the night of fun Sungmin had planned and I had helped. We begin with a hot pot and I'm beginning to think we went a little overboard with buying the ingredients cos it looked like it could feed a village. Nevertheless everyone started putting the ingredients into the hot pot for it to cook.

"This is one thing I dislike about hot pots, you have to wait for the food to cook despite being crazy hungry" Shindong complained. "Don't worry oppa, Ryeowook and I will be your personal hot pot chef for the night okay? You just sit back and relax and tell us what you want to eat, we'll get it ready for you", both Ryeowook and I held up ours scoop and form an "X" with it. 

"Omo.. that was satisfying..." Shindong said as he lied down. "Now that dinner has been settled.. we'll begin with the main activity of the night!" Sungmin exclaimed with excitement. "And my co-host for tonight is.. none other than the only girl present here!" he said as he held my hand up high in the air. I just love Sungmin, he's such a ball full of happiness like a little kid. 

How the game works:

  1.  Everyone will line up and compete in a game of rock paper scissors. Whoever who loses the first round is the last person.
  2. Everyone will pick a number from 1 to 11 based on the results of rock paper scissors earlier. There are containers labelled from number 1 to 11 but the containers can't be seen through and all is of the same shape , size and colour.
  3. After choosing the respective numbers, the containers are opened and the contents are revealed.
  4. It may be flour, Coca-Cola, chilli powder, soya sauce, chocolate milk, orange juice, cinammon powder, coffee powder, lemon juice, pepper or just plain water contained in those 11 containers, it all depends on what number a person chose.
  5. Those contents mentioned will be scooped into a large cup based on a game of cards.
  6. A game using poker cards will be played and the order is based on the rock paper scissors results as well. 

    Meanings of every card:

    A - whoever who gets the last A (the 4th) will have to drink everything

    2 - add two spoons, 3 - add three spoons ... all the way to 10 - add ten spoons

    J - the person who gets the J do not have to drink, but instead the person on his/her right will have to take a sip from the cup

   Q - everyone but the person who draws this card will have to drink a sip from the cup

   K - the person who got this card can ask anyone to drink half the contents of the cup

 

After much laughters, Sungmin was first and I was third, as I lost to Ryeowook who is at 2nd place and feeling extremely proud about it. I looked at him unhappily and said "You'll see.." which he just respond by sticking his tongue out at me. So apparently Siwon got last place and he has to take whatever number that is left after everyone has chosen the ones they want. I picked number 9 and when I looked at the content of the container.. it was chilli powder. Of all things I had to get chilli powder, it will be the death of me if I am the one who have to drink from the cup of spiciness. 

In the beginning of the game itself everyone begin to stare in horror with bulging eyes as Sungmin had already put 2 spoonful of chocolate milk in the cup and next it was Ryeowook’s turn and he drew a 10 from the deck. Well, why is everyone staring in horror? Cos Ryeowook’s ingredient was soya sauce. Soya sauce plus chocolate milk.. I don’t even want to imagine how that tastes like.

Then it was my turn. I slowly took one card from the deck and slide it across the floor without flipping it over just yet. When I took a look at the card I laughed to myself that everyone looked scared. I flip the card to show all of them. It was a Queen. “YAHHHHH WHY?!!!” Eunhyuk said. Sungmin and Ryeowook looked so cute, they just cringed and their expressions are adorable. “Don’t worry, I’m up for any sort of food challenge!” Shindong said, putting up a brave face. “Wait!! I have to film each of your expressions!” I said excitedly. “Really now?” Kyuhyun replied with a slightly pissed and unamused look. I decided to ignore him and took out my phone.

It started with Shindong and his expression was just priceless. At first he acted like normal, like he was just drinking water or something. Seconds later he made this expression that look like he’s constipated. I started laughing so hard that I couldn’t even film properly as my phone was shaking the entire time. Everyone laughed too, to the point that some of them started tearing up. “It’s not funny okay! You..” *continues making constipated face* “try it.. and you’ll see!” he quickly reached for the jar of plain water and just poured it into his mouth without bothering to use a cup.

 

364646826.jpg

 

“Quick one, new rule – no drinking water for 5 minutes after you drank from the cup of death” I added. Some of them shot me with a death glare and while Sungmin just laughed and said “gosh I wish you were here earlier, then I don’t have to force them to agree with my crazy ideas”.

If I thought Shindong was funny, well I haven’t anticipated Eunhyuk. The moment he took his sip, he started being restless and rolling on the floor. “My goodness, WHAT are you doing?!” Donghae said while laughing like crazy. “I’m just trying to shake off the taste!” Eunhyuk said in the midst of rolling. “HAHAHAHAHA!!!” all of us laughed as if on cue.

 

eunhyukEHB58.jpg

(Btw this scene is from Suju's Explorers of the Human Body, those who haven't watched it really should because it's Suju in the early days and it's freaking funny I swear :'D)

(I used to watch it at ithetimes.wordpress.com but it's no longer available, I'll let you guys know if I have found another site to watch it on)

 

After everyone had done with their sip, the game goes on and everything starts to pile up in the cup. Now the concoction is a colour of muddy orange and I took a sniff of it, it smells.. I can’t describe it but whoever who drinks it willingly is not in their right mind. Right after sniffing it, it was my turn and I drew a K. I looked around and some of them looked so afraid of me picking them. I decided to call upon Kyuhyun cos I wanted him to lighten up since he’s been so down in the dumps the entire day. He looked shocked at first but decided to down half the cup. “It’s not over, missy” he said in a low, scary tone after he’s done. I decided to show him I’m not afraid and replied “bring it” as I looked directly into his eyes. He looked surprised at  first then he raised his eyebrow as if saying “we’ll see about that”.

After several more rounds, much to my dismay, a lot of chili powder was added inside. Then it was Kyuhyun’s turn and he drew a K. My heart stopped for a moment and I rewinded back to the moment I tried to challenge him earlier and immediately regretted it.  He looked at me with a mischievous smile and said “go on, miss bring-it”. I did not want to lose this battle to Kyuhyun, so I reached for the cup, putting up a brave expression. Someone’s hand suddenly swiped the cup away. I looked up, it was Donghae. He drank half of it without a word. “Now you owe me” he said after drinking and winked at me. I stunned for a moment, staring at him and started to draw my hand to my face and feigned a yawn to cover up my cheeks that are burning red.

 

tumblr_mjg9neycnC1qbtf5qo1_500.jpg

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

This girl is really something else. She acts so shy around me but this is a new side of her I’m seeing. She actually challenged me, and I liked that. I was just getting so much fun out of having my revenge on her and stuff like this just had to happen. I don’t know what was it but my heart sank when Donghae did that for her. Maybe I’m just disappointed at the fact that I couldn’t get back at her, that must be it. Afterall this girl annoys the hell out of me, right…?

 

Ryeowook’s POV

I’m so disappointed. I’m frustrated. Why wasn’t I fast enough? Donghae had beat me to it. And I think I saw her blush when he winked at her, cos I was just sitting right beside her. She used her hand to cover part of her face but I could see it. She always acted like that when Donghae is around. But with me it’s so different. Though I’m really glad she could be herself around me, I really do have fun with her as we click so well together.

 

Your POV

Here comes the , where the last Ace is anticipated and feared by everyone as it is still in the deck. Sungmin breathe a sigh of relief as he opened his card and it was a 2 and he proceeded to add 2 spoons of chocolate milk. I do not want to imagine the taste of the concoction in the cup now. It’s probably very bitter and spicy, with a tinge of saltiness and it’s milkiness will probably trigger the drinker’s gag reflex. Ryeowook then took his card and slide it slowly towards him and instead of seeing it for himself, he quickly passed it to me and said “I’m too scared, you help me have a look”. I took a look at it and controlled my facial expressions and passed it to Yesung who is beside me. The card continues to be passed around until Sungmin who layed it in front of Ryeowook, without revealing the number.

Leeteuk : “Hana, dul, set”.

Everyone: “SORRY, SORRY, SORRY SORRY.” After chanting that part from Super Junior’s “Sorry Sorry”, everyone burst out laughing like crazy.

“Seriously..” *laughs* “I cannot..” *laughs* coming from Yesung who keeps trying to complete his sentence but failed to do so. “HAHAHAHA oh my goodness my stomach hurts so bad” said Eunhyuk who is rolling on the floor, I’m beginning to think he reacts to a lot of situations by rolling on the floor. Sungmin and I leaned on each other’s shoulder and laughed until we were crying and our stomachs hurt so bad. “This game is genius oppa, just pure genius” I said in the midst of laughing.

After we’re done with our laughters which took us a long time because after we all decided to stop, someone starts laughing again and everyone burst out laughing all over again. So now, it’s the moment where Ryeowook is supposed to drink that concoction. After we’ve cooled down from laughing, I’m beginning to feel bad for Wook cos this concoction is definitely gonna cause him stomach ache. “Oppa, just press your nose tightly and drink it all in one gulp. I’ll help you press your nose alright?” I offered Wook oppa. He breathed in hard and said “okay!” accepting my offer. Everyone in the circle moved close towards Ryeowook’s face as he held up the cup of death.

 

Ryeowook’s POV

This horror. Why did it have to be me? Now that I think back, I think I jinxed it because I laughed at her for losing to me at rock paper scissors. Karma, always have your ways eh? My payback had to require me to drink a cup of crazy mixtures right?

I downed the mixture at one go while she was pressing my nose, minimizing the taste and smell. Next thing I know, I felt dizzy and my gag reflex acted up. I immediately ran to the toilet and here I am now, vomiting into the toilet bowl. It wasn’t until I vomited that I realized she was right beside me, patting my back and looking at me worriedly. .. this is embarrassing. I’m puking and she’s here watching me do it. But I have to admit it felt nice that she’s beside me, worried about me.

“Oppa, miyane..” she said softly. I smiled weakly at her and said “don’t worry about it, I’ll be fine. After all we all had a good time didn’t we?”. She then offered to cook me some porridge and I couldn’t say no because she insisted on it and made me sit at the kitchen table. She cooked for herself and I, we started eating and talking about what went down before this.

 

Your POV

It felt good seeing Wook oppa smile after all that. I felt so bad because I’m one of the reason why he vomited, because I contributed to the game. Lesson learnt, have limits when it comes to games and it cannot be something that endanger one’s health.

As we were eating halfway, “You like Donghae don’t you?” Ryeowook suddenly said while looking down at his food. I was taken aback by his question and just remained silent, not sure how to respond. “Nevermind, don’t answer that. It’s a ridiculous question” Ryeowook smiled nervously as he said that. “Despite all that vomiting, I did have a good time tonight” he smiled at me and I smiled back.

“You’re a ray of sunshine. I really like you, you know.”

A/N : Thank you for all your comments! It really gives me more motivation to write the story. I hope you guys understand the concept of the game. I know the game is a little disgusting and mean but I thought if the game was too simple it wouldn't be as fun, haha. & I actually thought of the game myself, even I myself have never played it before, LOL. I wonder if anyone would actually be up to the challenge to play a game like this?