Chapter 8: Nightmare

Change

 

“You wanna die!” I heard a booming voice ask. I looked around, but all I saw was darkness. I heard an evil laugh that matched the voice. I couldn’t see anyone. I was in the darkness alone.
“Who are you?” I yelled out, “Where are you? Show yourself.” I heard the laugh again. Then I saw two bright red piercing eyes. They grew closer and closer. A figure began to come forward. The figure was still covered by the shadow. As the laugh filled the darkness, I yelled out again, “Who are you?” My heart ponded in my chest, I thought it was going to bust through it. Fear began to creep up on me, as the eyes watched from afar. The figure just stood there, watching me. Tilting its head from side to side. Studying me like it was a wolf and I was the deer. The Figure watched my every move carefully. My throat went dry; it was hard for me to swallow. My palms got sweaty, I tried to move but I couldn’t. I tried to run, but my legs wouldn’t move. I was frozen. The red-eyed figure laughed again.

“I follow in your shadow! 
I become thrilled at the sound of your shaking breath! 
My heart runs after your increasingly quick steps!” The voice said

“Stop it! Leave me alone!” I called out to the figure, but it was gone. I stood in the darkness all-alone, or so I thought I heard another evil laugh. I turned to where the sound was coming from.

“
The long night gets darker. 
Under the dead streetlamp in front of your house
, I’m watching you through the crack in your window, 
until the night ends!” The voice laughed and it sounded evil, “
Come on and find me
. You keep playing a suffocating game of hide-and-seek with me! 
You, you, you! 
You’re inseparable from me!” The voice laughed once again. This time it send chills down my spine.

“Why are you doing this? Who are you?” I asked, trying to find the figure with the red eyes.

“You know who I am.” It said with a deep husky booming voice that echoed in the darkness.

“No! Tell me who you are!” I demanded once again silence fell.

I felt a cold presence and turned around, but nothing was there.

“You can never break away from me!
 You have no one to love but me!
 Try to escape!
 Wherever you are, 
I can see you! 
You know deeply
 you can never break away from me! 
You have no one to love but me...” The voice trailed off.

I looked around and, I began to shake. My breath shortened and I began to panic.

“Why are you doing this to me?” I cried out to the darkness. Nothing happened, I didn’t even get and answer. “Answer me!” I yelled once again. I couldn’t find the figure anywhere. I tried to move once again, but couldn’t.

“You want to know who I am?” the voice echoed from the darkness. I kept turning my head trying to find where the voice originated from, but it was too late the sound subsided. The evil laugh filled the air once again, and I began to feel heat. It was hot like fire. I heard the laugh again, but this time it sounded like it was right behind me. I swallowed hard and my eye widened. “Look at me now
!” The voice boomed from behind me, and I turned around to see the red eyes. The figure was wearing a hooded sweatshirt. The hood masked its face. I could barely make out its features. I saw it grin at me. It became hard for me to breath. The air became hotter. And then fire burst around the figure, enclosing me in the ring with it and me. The air became thick. I could see the figure’s features better now. The darkness was lite up by the fire. Reddish, orange glow filled the area I was in.

“Who are you?” I asked again trying to get my words out. The figure stood directly in front of me. It took a step closer toward me.
“You know who I am,” It said as it pushed back the hood, reveling itself to me. I gasped… The figure laughed again. Its hair was dark purple with black bangs…

“You! You! You...” was all I managed to spit out.

“Yes, Me!” The voice said, “Say my name” he demanded, then tilted his head to the side studying me.

“Y-Yo-Yong Guk” I said frozen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A crooked smile crept across his face. “That’s right. It took you long enough!" and his evil laugh filled the air. His red eyes stared at me, “I can smell your fear.” He said as he pulled me close to him. He then drew in a long breath smelling me. “Your fear is overwhelming, but you smell so good.” He creepily said, grabbing me tightly. I felt pain in my arms, like fire was engulfing me. It burned my whole body.

“Let me go!” I yelled, I struggled to break free. He was too strong and couldn’t fight against him anymore. Tears began to steam down my face; I was scared, I cried for help.
“No one can save you! Not even Daehyun.” He growled, he red eyes intensely staring into me, like he was staring into my soul.

“HELP!” I screamed out once again, trying to break free one last time.

His laugh filled the air. I felt my breath escape me. I saw a white like in the distance. I thought to myself, “This is it I must be dead.” I felt the life drain out of me. And I saw a shadow figure come out of the light.

“Let her go!” it said, in a sweet angelic voice.

“You can’t save her now it’s too late!” Yong Guk’s voice growled at the mystery figure.

“I won’t let you hurt her!” The figure said, it had glowing silver eyes, and was in all white. The fire began to simmer out. Yong Guk growled, it sounded like it came from an animal.  The mystery figure got closer, and as it die the heat began to die down. I felt weak and light headed.

“You will never save her!” Ferociously growled Yong Guk, “she’s already gone!”

I began to fall. I tried to scream out, but my voice was gone. I had no strength to even try.

“NOOO!” the Mysterious figure called, as I continued to fall, I saw Daehyun. He was the Mysterious figure. His eyes bright silver….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I heard a loud thud. I really thought I was dead. I opened my eyes to find myself in my room. I sat up, and looked around. I somehow managed to fall out of bed, and onto the floor. I had just woken up in a cold sweat. I began to catch my breath, but my heart still race. “Thank God it was just a dream.” I told my self as I climbed back into bed. I looked at the clock on my nightstand and it read 3:30 AM. I groaned and turned over, and closed my eyes. When I did I saw Yong Guk’s face with red eyes. I blinked and tired again, this time I didn’t see anything. I tried to fall asleep, but couldn’t… Finally sleep took over and I drifted back into my state of rest.