Chapter 27: The Scientific Truth

Change

Jeo Jeo’s point of view

Once again I woke up in a room alone. This time it was dark, and damp. I was lying on the ground. My body ached, as I struggled to sit up. My hands and feet were bound. And I slowly scooted across the wet concrete ground. I saw a piece of metal that looked sharp enough to cut the rope that bound my hands. As I scooted towards it, all I could think of was how stupid the kidnappers were. Why would they leave their hostage in a room alone, and unguarded? When I reached the metal piece, I began to rub the rope that bound my hands against it, praying it would cut me free. It finally did loosen enough to where I could slip my hands out. I quickly took my hands out of the rope, and started to untie my feet. I heard voices coming, and I began to panic. I the footsteps were headed my way. I finally untied my feet and hid in the darkness behind machinery that was in the room. The air was cold and I could see my breath. I heard the door open, and the voices of the came closer and closer.

“Where did she go?” The one asked.

“I don’t know! Didn’t you tie her up?” He said to the other.

“Yes! We have to find her before the boss finds out or he will have our asses.” They said running out of the room.

I slowly got up, and found and old mop. I unscrewed the mop head from the wooden handle, so it was just a pole. I walked quietly to the door, looking out into the hallway in both directions. I snuck out slowly and began to try to find a door. I had to get out, and somehow get a hold of Yongguk before he shows up here. Before he puts his life in danger for me. I began to quicken my pace, down the hall looking for an exit. The hallways didn’t have much light. So I had to be extra cautious of where I was going.

“There you are!” One of the man’s voices from earlier shouted from behind me. I turned around to see the man running towards me. I began to fight back using the pole to my advantage. I really was thankful, that the color guard skills I had acquired in high school would be of use to me in the future. I hit, the man with the stick fighting against him. I hit him on the head and he lost consciousness. I turned to run when the other man that was with him was running toward me. He grabbed a hold of the pole causing me to let go of it.

He threw it down, “That wasn’t very nice.” He said with a evil smile. He tried to grab me but I dodged him, I fought back by kicking and hitting him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tried to break away from him, and I knew I had injured him. He struggled to fight back, and I turned with a roundhouse kick to his head. He dropped to the floor unconscious as well.  I quickly began down the hallway again, trying to work my way though the maze of unfamiliar surroundings.

 

Yongguk's Point of View

It was Eleven o’clock, and I put my hand on the door to enter the building. I opened the door and walked in cautiously. I was in a place I wasn’t familiar with, and I had to be extra careful. I started to look around for Jeo Jeo, but I didn’t see any sign of her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 I continued down the hallway into a lite up room. Where the man from my past stood there.

“Well it’s so nice to see you.” He said.

I looked at him with anger in my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where is she?” I demanded.

“She’s fine, well almost fine?” He said with a smile.

“What did you do to her?”

“I had to put her in her place, and punish her for talking to an elder disrespectfully.” He said, “I figured that’s why you two get along so well.”

“Don’t talk about her that way! Where is she!” I growled at him. I saw one of the men working with him.

My enemy turned to the other man, “Go get her.” He said and turned to me, “Now where’s the file?”

“Right here.” I said holding it up to him, “But first I get Jeo Jeo back. Then you can have the file.”

“Isn’t that what we agreed upon.” He said, and the other man came running back in.

“Boss! She’s not in the room, and two of our men are unconscious.”

“FIND HER!” My enemy exclaimed, “She’s caused more trouble for me that she’s worth.” The man ran back out of the room.

“You underestimated her.” I said with a smile, “She is a lot smarter than she looks.”

“Don’t mock me boy!” He growled back at me, “Now give me the file!”

“Not until I see Jeo Jeo.” I said, and stared him down. We argued back and fourth about the file, for longer than I wanted to.

 

Jeo Jeo’s View

I walked down the hallway to where I heard voices talking. A light filled the room at he end. When I reached the end I looked out into the room, I saw the man who told me to call him nabbeun, and then I saw Yongguk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was too late at escaping, and I couldn’t leave him here. I tried to figure out a plan, but once gain I began to panic and my heart felt like it was going to bust right though my chest. My gut had dropped, and my throat was dry. “Where is she?” I heard Yongguk yell. I knew he was worried about me, and didn’t care about what happened to him, but I did. I began to slowly walk backwards. I backed into something, no someone. Arms wrapped around me tightly.

“Got you! You thought you out smarted us.” The man said forcing me into the room.

“I found her boss!”

“Good here she is, you see Yongguk she’s alive and well.” He said with a smile. “Now hand over the file!”

“Not until she is with me!” Yongguk demanded.

“You are way to difficult!” He said, “How do I know you will not run out of here with her and the file?”

“You have my word. I’ll place the file on the ground, and back away from it. Then you can pick it up, after we leave.” Yongguk said, “Now let go of her.”

I was being forced closer to Nabbeun. He grabbed my face, “You see she’s fine, nothing a little bandages can’t fix”

“Don’t touch me!” I said, pulling my head from his grasp. 

I heard glass break, and then the man holding me went limp, falling to the ground.

 

Yongguk’s View.

When the man holding Jeo Jeo hit the ground I knew that the plan was back in motion. I knew who had shot her. The plan was that Mr. Jung would hide on the rooftop of the building next door, waiting to take out anyone who would possibly harm Jeo Jeo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I thought I told you not to involve the police,” My enemy growled.

“You should have learned not to trust anyone that easily, I have gotten really good at lying.” I said to him.

“You lied to me! Like you had back then.” He said grabbing Jeo Jeo, and holding a gun to her head. “This time you messed up big time.”

“You can still get the file!” I said, “But why is it so important?”

“Shut up!” Enemy said, and I heard a gunshot. I froze I thought my past was going to repeat it self with Jeo Jeo dying because of me. I felt a pain in my gut. I looked down to see blood soaking up in my shirt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I heard Jeo Jeo scream as she fought against him. I stood up holding my left hand over my wound.

“Why do you think I want the file? Look at yourself; you don’t feel pain that easily. You’re stronger, faster, and have better senses than the average human!” He yelled at me. “You heal faster too! In that file it explains how it is made possible.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about, ever since you were young you noticed you were different from the other kids. You have physical capabilities that others do not. I do too, but they’re draining. I want the file so I can get them back.” My enemy explained.

“What makes you think I don’t feel pain?” I asked clenching my wound. I noticed that it wasn’t bleeding as bad as it should, just like it had ten years ago.

“They way you are still standing, and talking with me! A normal person would have bled out by now, but not you! Not then and not now!”

“Yongguk what is he talking about?” Jeo Jeo asked scared, as the man held the gun to her head. Tears fell down her face, and I knew she thought I was going to die.

“You didn’t know ?” The man said to her, “His DNA was genetically changed, making him superior to other humans.”

“She’s not a !” I growled, but he ignored me.

“You see, since I shot him, he is still alive and his wound is healing at the moment as we speak. His father was a biologist working on how to make a superior military man. A super trooper if you wish to call it. I was one of the first it was tested on, and the only one who lived. With the superior abilities, mine had worn off through out the years, but his hasn’t which means he was born with the abilities, and he continues to grow stronger. Have you ever wondered why he is so much stronger, faster, and aggressive?” He said to her.

“What do you mean?” She cried, “He’s not agress…” She paused looking at me; I knew she was thinking of the night I hurt her. The night I grabbed her and bruised her arm leaving my handprint on her skin.

“Exactly. The side affect to the experiment was aggression. Which I don’t care about either way, it doesn’t bother me. Now Just hand over the file.” He said pointing the gun to her head, “Unlike you Yongguk, if I shoot her, she will die.”

“Let her go now!” I demanded, and I placed the file on the ground.

“I told you the deal was off if you involved the police.” He said and more of his men began to come into the room. “Hold her!” He said shoving Jeo Jeo into another man’s arms.

“You will let my daughter go!” Mr. Jung said from behind me. He held a gun towards the man, “If you don’t I will kill you just like you killed James.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah You, I thought I wouldn’t see you again. Too bad she doesn’t know who her real parents were, she looks so much like that American agent.” The man said, brushing Jeo Jeo’s cheek.

“Appa! What is he talking about?” She asked. I could see that she was confused and frightened.

“Don’t worry honey, everything will be alright, I will explain it to you later.” Mr. Jung said to her.

“There won’t be a later.” My enemy said, “She and the rest of you won’t make it out alive. As you can see Jeo Jeo, you’re adopted. You are not Asian, you’re American, and twenty years ago. I killed you’re real father for interfering with my plans. It turns out, that you’re real father was working with your boyfriend’s father, and your adopted father all at the same time. He was a CIA agent working with the NIS trying to find a way to make their agents, and military men superior. It’s quite funny actually, how fate has brought us all together again. Well, I didn’t meet you directly Jeo Jeo, but I did come face to face with your father James… Nice man, too bad he isn’t here for the reunion. Instead you are here.” He said with an evil smile.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about! You’re lying!” She yelled pulling her face away from his hand.

“Oh on the contrary my dear, it is the truth. I came face to face with who you call Appa twenty years ago when I killed you’re real father in cold blood. I was stronger and faster then. My abilities have drained since then, and ten years ago I went to the biologist that gave me these abilities.” He said staring directly at me, “You want to know what he told me? He told me that he wouldn’t give me the abilities again that it had changed me into a monster! I demanded for the file, I said I would do it myself, but he refused to give it to me. Which in the end it took his life as well has his precious wife’s, daughter’s, and so I thought his son’s. It’s quite surprising to see you Yongguk still alive. I left you for dead, and it turns out you were an experiment of your father, that just so happened to go right.”

I glared at him, and Mr. Jung looked at me with a look on his face that said that I kept this from him.

“What? Why didn’t you tell me this?” Mr. Jung asked.

“I didn’t know about my abilities. I didn’t know I was genetically superior. I just thought I was different.” I said.

“And what a science experiment. I wonder if your father truly did love you?” My enemy taunted.

“He did!” I growled, “You can insult me, but you cannot insult my friends, my family, and my girlfriend!”

He just laughed at me, “Kill them.” He said and his men headed towards us. “As for you Jeo Jeo, I’ve decided as Yongguk’s punishment to kill you slow and painfully.” He said, and held a knife to .