Chapter 15: Amusement Park Scavenger Hunt

Change

 

We all met at the amusement park. Once we entered, Himchan and CL handed out the list of things we needed to get.

“First you will pick you’re partners, and once you do there will be one group of three.” Himchan explained.

Daehyun, and Melia were group number one, and CL and Himchan were group number two. Yong Guk pulled me close to him, before the other boys could get to me.

“Aww man! I wanted to be with noona!” Zelo exclaimed, and then pouted.

“Too late you move to slow.” Yong Guk said as he looked into my eyes.
“You can’t pick noona! Let her pick who she wants as her partner.” Zelo said, trying to get me as his partner. “Noona do you want to be partners with hyung?” he asked.

I looked at him, “Sorry Zelo, but I do want to be partners with him.”

Zelo’s happy face became sad, “okay.” He muttered.
“Looks like you’re stuck with us,” said Yongjae.

Zelo looked at him and Jongup and said, “I guess we have an advantage with three people.” He then turned to the rest of us with a mischievous grin on his face as he rubbed his hands together.

“Now that all the groups are figured out, we can begin. Who ever finishes, and gets all the items on the list, or pictures of yourselves on the rides, and makes it back here first wins.” CL stated.

“What do we win?” Jongup asked.

“We haven’t decided that yet.” Himcan said, “Maybe the loosing team will have to make everyone dinner, or something like that.”

“Okay, on your mark, get set, go!” CL yelled and we all ran in our own direction.

Yong Guk grabbed my hand and pulled me in the direction of the Ferris wheel, once we got on it, we had to ride to the top and take a picture. We got to the top, took the picture, and moved on. We had a game plan, to try to win. We both didn’t want to be the ones who end up cooking for the others.

We did everything on the list, in order of where they were located in the park, making it easier on us, so we didn’t have to keep running back and fourth. It was the second to last thing on the list, and it was to win a stuffed prize. Yong Guk won me a stuffed bear, at one of the game booths. We took a picture with it, and then looked back at the list.

“What else do we have to do?” he asked

“We have to… Really? Did they have to put this one on here?” I was a bit upset at what the list said.

Yong Guk took the list from me and read it out loud, “Take a ride down lovers lane, in the tunnel of love, make sure to take a picture of yourselves in the middle of the ride where the angels are.”

His eyebrows rose up, and he looked at me. “It says we have to do it, so lets go.” He took my hand in his, and we walked to the ride. There was no one standing in line, so we got on very quickly. The man working the ride said to us, “You two are a cute couple,” as he led us to our seats on the ride.

“We’re not a couple,” I said, “We are just completing a scavenger hunt.”

“That’s what you think miss this tunnel is magical.” The man said, motioning his hand to the seats we would be in. After a few minutes of waiting on the ride, it began to move. Romantic music played, and I made a face. I hated really mushy gushy things, and it was really cheesy.

Yong Guk laughed,  “It’s not going to last forever, but it is really cheesy.”

I nodded in agreement. He put his arm around me, and pulled me close to him. I rested my head on his shoulder. I didn’t know what I was feeling. I had never felt like this before. I was happy being with him, but I was also scared, and nervous.  Yong Guk turned to me; his face was illuminated from the pink and red lights that filled the tunnel. I looked into his eyes, and felt my face get warm. And I looked down, away from his gaze. He placed his hand on the side of my face, and then placed it under my chin. He pulled my head up, so I could look at him. Yong Guk didn’t say anything; he just gazed into my eyes. For the first time, I felt myself melt when he looked at me like that. My heart began to beat faster and faster. I became more and more nervous as the ride, continued through the tunnel. He then took his other hand and placed it on the other side of my face, caressing my cheeks. Yong Guk then leaned closer to me, and my eyes stared in his. They were soft, kind, and welcoming. I began to get lost in them. The air seemed to thicken, and it became harder for me to breathe. He then pulled my face close to his, placing his lips upon mine. My eyes were wide; I didn’t know what to do. He then deepened the kiss, and I felt myself give in to him, I closed my eyes, and put my arms around him. I kissed him back, and he pulled me into him.  He pulled his head back, and I took a breath. I couldn’t help, but smile. I looked at him and he had a smile on his face too. He leaned in again, and kissed me once more. This time his kiss was more passionate than the first.

He pulled back again, softly speaking to me, “I think I’ve fallen for you.”

“I think I have too.” I whispered back, and he pulled me close to him. His breath was warm, and I felt him kiss me on the head. 

He smiled, “I was hoping you would say that.” Yong Guk kissed me, and he continued to kiss me on the ride. His warm lips, against mine, and he began to kiss me on my cheek, and then down on my neck. I kept my eyes closed, and breathed slowly. His breath warmed me from the chilled fall air. I pulled myself closer. I was practically sitting in his lap, but he didn’t mind. His arms were strong, and comforting. I really felt safe with him. I rested my head on his shoulder, and he turned his head down toward me. He placed his hand on the side of my face, and pressed his lips against mine once more. My heart skipped a beat, every time our lips touched. I loved the feeling of his lips against mine, and I didn’t want to stop. The ride was nearing the end of the tunnel and we could see the light come in from the outside. Yong Guk cradled me in his arms, as the ride came to as stop. The man who lead us to our seats, was at the end, as we got off he said, “I know you have experienced the magic,” and he winked to Yong Guk and I. I began to blush, and Yong Guk smiled at my reaction. He put his arm around me, this time it was around my waist instead of my shoulders. We walked to the meeting place, where everyone was except the group that consisted of Jongup, Yongjae, and Zelo.

“We didn’t come in last!” I said with excitement.

“But you guys didn’t come in first,” Daehyun said.

“Who did?” Yong Guk asked.

“They did,” Himchan said pointing to Daehyun and Melia. Daehyun wasn’t wearing his mask and he was smiling to her. Melia clung to him, and Daehyun put his arm around her waist.

“Now we all have to wait for the three blind mice.” Daehyun said, referring to the boys.

The next moment we saw the boys come running over.

“Oh Man! We came in last!” Yongjae said disappointed.

“Now we are going to have to cook dinner for all of them.” Zelo said pouting.

“Humph, well at least we won’t be the on the triple date.” Jongup said looking at all of us.
“What do you mean?” Melia said, “Yong Guk, and Jeo Jeo aren’t together.”

“That’s what you think!” Jongup said with an evil grin on his face. The other two boys nodded too. And they all looked at us suspiciously. 

“Besides we really didn’t come in last, Jeo Jeo and Yong Guk never took the picture of themselves in the tunnel of love.” Jongup continued, “So technically we didn’t lose.”

I looked up to Yong Guk, and his eyes were wide, we had both forgotten to take the picture by the creepy angels on the ride.

“How did you guys forget to do that?” CL asked eyeing the both of us. I felt my face get hot, and we both didn’t say anything.

“Well?” Himchan piped in, “Explain yourselves.” Once again we didn’t say a word. I just stared at the ground.

“They were busy getting to know each other, if you know what I mean.” Jongup said raising his eyebrows up and down repeatedly.

They all made faces like they were confused.
“Do I really have to explain it?” Jongup said annoyed, “they were learning about chemistry and human anatomy.”

CL’s eyes were the biggest I have ever seen them, “you don’t say,” she said. 

“You have no proof, we were talking, and got side tract in our conversation.” Yong Guk replied to the acquisition Jongup had said, even though it was true.

“Actually we do,” Jongup said, pulling his phone out, I have a picture.

I froze, “was he bluffing, or did he really have a picture of Yong Guk and I kissing?” I thought to myself.

“Well if you have a picture lets see it.” Yong Guk said.

Jongup then pulled the picture up on his screen, and showed everyone. CL gasped, and then glared in our direction. Yong Guk grabbed, Jongup’s phone from him and looked at the picture. I saw it too; it really was the two of us, with Yong Guk’s lips gently touching mine.

“How did you get this?” Yong Guk growled at Jongup.

“On the ride the three of us were a few seats behind you, and the two of you didn’t even notice.” Jongup replied with a cocky tone taking his phone back.
“How did you guys not notice, them they are the loudest out of all of us.” Himchan said.

“We were actually extremely quiet, and we took bets on what was going to happen.” Zelo said.

“Yeah that’s right, pay up!” Yongjae said, holding his hand out for the money.

“Uggh, Fine!” the two youngest boys in the group said, placing their money in Yongjae’s hand. He smiled, and put it into his pocket.

“You took bets?” Yong Guk asked angrily, “You little byuntaes!” he growled chasing after them.

“It wasn’t Zelo and I,” Yongjae yelled, when he was in Yong Guk’s grasp, and then he got a hold of Zelo too.

“Hyung it really wasn’t us! It was…” Zelo didn’t finish his sentence he was too afraid to say it.

“Jongup who took the picture!” Yongjae finished his sentence, and Yong Guk let go of the two of them.

Yong Guk looked at Jongup, and the little troublemaker waved the phone with the picture in his hand towards Yong Guk.

“Come and get it Hyung!” Jongup teased, and then the two of them were off. Yong Guk chased Jongup around. It didn’t last long because Yong Guk caught up to him, and grabbed him. Jongup knew he was in trouble, so he didn’t hesitate handing over his phone with a childish grin on his face.

Yong Guk grabbed the phone out of his hand and deleted the picture. All of us just watched.

“Okay Okay! Since the truth has been revealed…” Himchan said, “and it is clear that the losers are Hyung, and Jeo Jeo. Let’s head back home so they can make dinner.” He had a grin on his face.

“The truth?” Yong Guk growled, and he grabbed Jongup by the shirt, “Why you little byuntae! I’m gonna….” He was cut off.

Daehyun stopped Yong Guk, “Do nothing,’ Daehyun said, and Yong Guk glared at him, “Yes, Jongup is a ert, and…”

“He needs to learn a lesson!” Yong Guk growled. Jongup’s face began to show fear, as Yong Guk shook him.

“Yes, but you cant beat him up. I have another punishment for them” Daehyun said looking at the three youngest boys.

“And why not, it’s none of his business what I do with Jeo Jeo.” Yong Guk’s voice seemed to become angrier, and I haven’t seen this side of him for a while.

“Hyung, that didn’t sound right.” Zelo interjected into the conversation. I just watched them argue. I was surprised at what was happening, and I didn’t know what to do.

“You! Keep you’re head out of the gutter!” Yong Guk yelled glaring at Zelo.

Melia came to my side, “Should we say something?” she asked me.

“No… You don’t want to get in the middle of it… Trust me.” I replied back to her.

Now Himchan had to get in the middle of the argument, trying to calm the situation. Yong Guk and Jongup went back and fourth arguing about what had happened. CL then wandered over to us and stood on the other side of me. We all watched the boys hash it out.

“Sooo… You really know how to get them to fight.” CL said, and I just glared at her.

“Not a word!” I said

“Okay, but really since when did you start to have feelings for him?” CL asked, and Melia nodded.

“Yeah Daehyun, told me about what happened between the two of you, and how bad Yong Guk treated you.” Melia added to the conversation.

“He did?” I asked shocked

“Yeah cause I said that it looked like the two of you were a couple when I first came here.” She added.

“You thought that?” CL asked, “They hated each other for the longest time!”

“Yeah that’s what Daehyun said, but I didn’t believe him. I can see in Yong Guk’s eyes that he really loves you.” Melia said with a smile, “that’s why I asked to see if you guys were dating.”

“Really, you saw that he loves her?” CL asked with a confused look on her face, “They only recently started being civil with each other, and now, he loves you?”

“I don’t know…” I said, “There’s something about him that makes me feel safe, and warm.”

“Uh huh… Okay, when did you start to feel this?” CL asked

“When he began to treat me nice, and especially when he let me wear his clothes, and when I smelled his cologne.” I replied, I felt my face get hot.

“Oh My God! You’re blushing!” CL exclaimed.
“I’m telling you she loves him, and he loves her. That’s most likely why he was mean to her in the first place.” Melia explained.

“And he didn’t know how to express his feeling to her!” CL added, “I know where you’re going with this.” She said smiling to Melia.

“Exactly.” Melia agreed.

“Wait! Just wait a minute!” I yelled, “You guys don’t know what he’s been through, and there is an underlying reason why he was mean to me.”

“Well what is that reason? If it’s not what we think it is?” Melia asked, and they both eyed me.

“I can’t tell you. I promised I wouldn’t say, and besides as long as I know the truth, that’s all that matters.” I said looking back towards the guys. They still were arguing, but now Himchan stood between Jongup and Yong Guk.

“Yeah sure… That’s what he want’s you to think.” CL replied.

“Yeah and how do you know he was telling the truth?” Melia asked giving me a suspicious glare.

“I just know. Yong Guk’s eyes showed the emotions, that he felt. They were truthful, besides he showed me documented proof.” I added, “end of conversation!’

“Okay, whatever you say.” The both of them replied.

The boys finally stopped fighting, but I could tell Yong Guk was still angry about it.

“Yah! Lets all go back home so we can eat dinner!” Himchan said, “and Hyung and Jeo Jeo don’t have to make dinner anymore.”

Yong Guk looked at me, and I smiled to him. “Yay we don’t have to do it!” His eyes seemed angry but they softened when they were on me. He put both his arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

“Ahh the two love birds.” CL said, causing Himchan, Daehyun, and Melia to laugh.

“Watch it! You and Himchan were the same way at school, when we saw you two making out, and still are,” I said, with and evil smile on my face.

Their eyes got wide, and they glanced at each other. “You saw that?” Himchan asked.

“Here we go again!” Zelo said slapping his forehead.