Chapter 19: The Truth

Change

 

 

We left the school, CL, Melia and I drove together, and our parents followed. We headed, to our apartment to get our things. Melia got her suitcase and said goodbye to us, she left for her cab to the airport. She was going home for break to see her family in America. Daehyun was a little sad about it, but he knew that she would be back and they would video chat on the computer. CL and I gathered our things that we would need for the break.

“Why did Yongguk leave so suddenly?” Appa asked as I finished gathering my things and walked into the family room.

“It’s a long story.” I said.

“We have plenty of time.” Eomma replied. I really didn’t want to say anything to them. I knew that it wasn’t my place to tell them, but I also knew that it would be for the best. I didn’t want Yongguk to be alone on Christmas, even though he told me he was use to it. It broke my heart to know that he would be all alone during break in that massive house while all the guys went home to see their families.

I sighed, “I don’t know if I should tell you… I feel like it’s not my place.”

“It’s alright sweetheart, I don’t think he would mind.” Appa replied patting the spot next to him on the couch. I went and sat next to him. Appa rubbed my back and I began to tell them. I saw their faces become surprised and sadden.

“So long story short, his parents were murdered, and he was the only one who made it out alive.” I said, “That’s why he left, it hurts him when someone brings up.”

“Oh the poor boy… What is he going to do for Christmas?” Sungmo asked, and Eomma nodded in agreement.

“He says he’s use to it, but I don’t believe him. I can see it in his eyes that he doesn’t want to be alone.” My eyes saddened, “I wish there was something I could do.”

“Oh Honey… There is, invite him to come over for the holidays.” Sungmo said to me.

“That’s a great idea! Have the boy come stay with us, that way he wont be alone.” Sukbu added.

“And no one should be alone on Christmas.” CL said walking in the room.

I looked up at all of them. I couldn’t believe they told me to invite Yongguk.

“Go call him.” Appa said, nudging me, “This way I can get to know the boy who is dating my daughter better, and keep a close eye on him.”

“Okay.” I said

“Byunghun sshi, and what do you plan on doing?” Eomma asked him with watchful eyes.

“I plan to instill fear in him, so he wont hurt my baby girl!” Appa said laughing, “besides, this is a good opportunity to see what his real motives are.”

“Appa!” I yelled, “He’s not like that!”

“Byunghun sshi I’m sure the boy we met earlier today isn’t all like that.” Eomma said to him.

“Well the duet they had together, his parts were stalker like, and besides I want to make sure he isn’t one.” Appa said with a smile, and CL laughed.

“Okay I’m ready shall we get going?” CL said, and we all nodded. I went to get my luggage and Appa took it for me. He always treated me like his little princess.

We all got into the same car and left for Sukbu and Sungmo’s house.

“So are you going to call your boyfriend?” Appa asked.

“Umm yeah, I was going to do it when we got to the house,” I replied.

“No you should do it right now.” CL said.

“This way he can start coming over right away.” Sukbu said, “Call him.”

“Okay…” I said, and I pulled out my cell phone. My family went onto a different conversation.

“Yobseo” His voice came through the phone.

“Hey… I have to ask you something.”

“What? Is there something wrong? You sound sad.” He replied, I could hear the worry in his voice, as well as the sadness of being alone.

“Well… My parents, Sukbu, and Sungmo, wanted me to invite you to stay with us for the holidays.” I said, and there was silence on the other end of the line.

“So what did he say?” CL asked, while I was still on the phone.

I covered my hand over my phone so he wouldn’t hear me say, “Shhh. He didn’t say anything yet.”

“I don’t know…” He replied after the long pause.

“Wae?”

“Because it’s the time of year when you spend it with your family, I don’t want to intrude on you seeing your parents, you can always see me later.” He sounded depressed, I knew he wanted to be with me, but he felt like he would be a distraction.

“No, it’s the time of year to spend time with your loved ones, and that includes you.” I said, trying to convince him.

“I can’t. I don’t want to cause any trouble and be a problem for you or your family.” He said softly.

“You wouldn’t be a problem, besides they really want to get to know you better, and I want you here too.” I said, “Please.”

There was along silence, and then I heard a sigh, “Maybe.”

“Maybe what?”

“Maybe I’ll think about it, I already told you I’m use to being alone.” He said, there was a bit of anger, as well as sadness in his voice.

“That’s no excuse!” I scolded, “I want you to come, and so does my family.”

“Are you going to give me trouble?” he asked in a depressed voice.

“Most likely.” I said

He sighed again, “Fine. What do I have to do?” I heard a bit of happiness in his voice.

“You have to get your things together.” I said, “Bring all the things you would need for break. Don’t worry about linens and things like that. Just clothing, toiletries, cell phone, and iPod. Whatever you think you will use.”

“Okay… do I need to bring anything in particular?” he asked.

“Nope that’s it.” I said, and then told him the address.

“Okay, is it alright if I come tomorrow morning, I still have to pack.”

“Yeah that’s alright, I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” I said in a happy voice.

“I Love you.” Yongguk said to me with a warm happy voice.

“I Love you too.” I replied.

“See you tomorrow, bye.” He said and hung up the phone.
“Well….” Appa said, “Is that a yes for him coming?”

“Yepp.” I replied

“Good, now all we have to do is figure out sleeping arrangements.” Sukbu said as he drove up the driveway to the home.

“Jeo Jeo is not staying in the same room as Yongguk! I will not allow it!” Appa said firmly.

“I wasn’t planning on that.” I said, with a disgusted face, “I know he’s my boyfriend, but I am not comfortable with that.”

CL glared at me and whispered, “Not like you haven’t slept with him before.”

I nudged her, to keep quiet. Our parents were talking trying to figure out the arrangements. “I didn’t sleep with him like that.” I said to CL

“Sure, come on tell me the truth. Did you guys you know.” She said raising an eyebrow.

“Eww! God no!” I said, “I just woke up in the bed with him, and I was fully clothed!”

“Okay…”

“Yeah, and what about you and Himchan did you guys do the you know?” I said turning the conversation on her.

“No we did not, you know I’m not like that!”

“Okay so then don’t think you should say that about me.” I said glumly to her.

“I’m just teasing you! I know you aren’t like that besides, if you did you would have told me, like I would tell you.” She said smiling, and we walked into the house.

Eomma turned to me; “You will be staying with CL in her room while Yongguk is here.”

“No if ands or buts about it.” Appa said firmly.

“Okay I wasn’t going to fight you on it… I’m fine with staying in CL’s room.” I said, and Appa laughed.

“Now I’m only teasing you Jeo Jeo,” and he hugged me, “Go put your things upstairs”

CL and I left and went upstairs to her room with our things. Once again her room was pink and black just like the aparment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We washed up in her bathroom removing the makeup that we had on from earlier. We put our pajamas on and went back downstairs where our parents were sitting drinking tea. They were watching the late night news.

“Did you hear about the recent disappearances?” Appa asked us when we entered the room.

“What disappearances?” I asked

“Hold on… listen to the news report.” Sungmo said.

CL and I sat down, and we all looked at the TV screen and the news reporter said, “In the case of the mystery disappearances of college students. The bodies of several girls have been found. Police believe that it is the work of a serial killer. They believe that the serial killer is most likely male and in his mid forties. The police also suspect he is not working alone. There is an on going investigation, in the mean time and any information will be helpful. The police would like to warn all young women in college to not wander around on their own, and keep a watchful eye for any strange behavior…”

“Oh wow I didn’t even know this was going on… We both have been so busy,” CL said.

“Now I’m worried about the two of you.” Appa said, “You two need to be extremely careful.”

“We know, we really never leave each other’s sides, and if we are apart we aren’t alone at school. I walk with Yongguk, CL, or my friends to class. And after I walk with them to my other classes.” I said explaining to my parents not to worry.

“Exactly, even when we meet up after class we are usually walked by one of the guys. Most of the time Himchan and Yongguk.” CL added.

“Good keep it that way, I don’t want you two walking around alone anywhere until that guy is caught.” Sungmo said.

We sat for a while with them trying to calm them down. My parents were worried about the both of us being on our own, and were trying to convince us to stay here at the house until the killer was in custody. We told them that living here in the mean time would make it more difficult for us to get to and from school. It was too far away, and the apartment was only ten minutes from the school.

“Just be careful.” Eomma said, “You know that we want nothing bad to happen to you two, so please when school starts be careful.”

“We will” CL and I said.

 “On another note, pajamas already?” Sukbu asked, “It’s still early.”

Eomma laughed, “It’s almost midnight, we should be getting to bed.” She said to us, “Go now and get some sleep, you girls had a long busy day.”

“Ne,” CL and I both said, and went back upstairs to go to sleep. We both climbed into her king-sized bed. I grabbed Charlie and snuggled with the pillow pet.

“Hey, this is going to and interesting holiday this year.” CL said.

“Yeah I know… the way our whole family is when we all get together might be a little freighting for Yongguk.”

“Yeah you’re the one who is going to have to explain that to him.” She said, “Quiet time now, we need to get some sleep, because if we don’t stop talking we will never get any.”

“Ne”

Sleep came over us faster than I thought it would, and I drifted into a deep sleep.