Chapter 6: A Project That Doesn't Turn Out Well

Change

 

CH 6

I was working on homework when my phone rang. I picked it up and glanced at the screen. It said, “New Text Message From Zelo.” I opened the text; “Noona we think you should come over to work on the dance project,” It read. I then received another text that contained their address of where we where meeting. I packed up my things, and walked to CL’s room.

“Hey, would you be able to drop me off at Jongup and Zelo’s” I asked her.

“Wae?” she asked with an eyebrow raised, “You know their jail bait.”

My eyes widened, “Ahhh it’s not like that.” I made a face, “we need to work on our project, and so they asked me to come over to work on it.”

“Uh huh. Sure sure…” she replied.

I picked up the pillow on her bed and threw it at her. “You know that it’s not like that, they are way to young! And that’s kinda gross, they’re like little brothers.”

She laughed, “I know… I’m just giving you a hard time. Besides if you do like one of them you’re gonna have to wait until they turn eighteen,” she then grinned and evil grin.

“You know I’m not interested in them.” I said starting to get annoyed.

“Yeah but your interested in Daehyun, too bad he cover’s his face with that mask, we really don’t know what he looks like without it. And if you two dated, it would be impossible to kiss each other if he wears It.” She teased with the evil smile.

I sighed, “are you going to take me or not?”

“Yeah I will, where do they live?” she said grabbing her purse and keys.

I gave her the address and we left the apartment. We rocked out to music on the drive there. It wasn’t long before we reached the destination. It was a massive white house, with a fence around it.

My eyes widened and CL gasped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He lives here? She asked in amazement.

“I think so… This is the right address.”

“Well now I definitely think you should go after Zelo… He has money” she said, rubbing her fingers together trying to symbolize money.

“Yah! Will you cut it out! I’m not interested in him, he’s too young and brother like.”

“Okay okay, call me when you need me to pick you up.”

“I will Thanks for driving me.” I picked up my stuff, and got out of the car.

CL drove off leaving me at the massive house. I took a deep breath and exhaled, “here I go.” I said to myself as I walked up the front steps with the two large flag poles in my hands. I looked up at the large white front door. “This is a massive house… I’ve never seen anything like this. No that’s a lie, I have when Eoma and Appa drove through Beverly Hills, after a dinner at Appa’s boss’ house.” I said to myself once again. I looked for the doorbell. Once I located it, I hesitated to push it. “Why am I acting like this?” I asked myself. “Just push the damn button.” My hand reached for the button, and I pushed it. I heard the bell echo through the house. I then heard footsteps, and the door unlock. My heart stopped beating. The door opened and I immediately bowed and said, “annyeonghaseyo” Thinking it was Zelo’s parents.

“You don’t have to bow,” a familiar voice said. I looked up and it was Daehyun. I was taken back by the image of him being at the door and not Zelo. “You look surprised.” He said in a gentle voice.

“I think I’m lost.” I said, thoughts flooded my mind, such as. Why would Daehyun answer the door? Did I come to the wrong place? Was Zelo playing a trick on me? I was confused, and I’m sure it showed.

“Why do you think that?” He asked, opening the door wider. “Come in.”

“No I’m definitely at the wrong house. I’m supposed to be at Zelo’s so if you could point me in the direction to where he lives I can let you be.”

I heard a laugh, and his eyes sparkled. “He does live here.”

“Then why are you answering the door?” I asked confused once again. I thought to myself “this boy is full of surprises.”

“Because I live here too.” He replied, with a laugh in his voice.

I was once again taken back by the answer I had gotten. “You live here? I thought you lived with Yong Guk?” I asked as he pulled me through the doorway. I looked up to him once inside the house.

“I do. We all live here together.” He answered.
The inside of the house was white as well with gold accents on the walls. I thought the house was massive on the outside, but the inside was enormous.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean by we all live here.” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“I mean that Yong Guk, Himchan, Yongjae, Jongup, Zelo, and I do” he said and his eyes sparkled again.

“Don’t grin at me like that! I know you are! Besides how many more surprises are in store for me that you had forgotten to tell me about?”  I said surprised.

He laughed, “You really are getting good at reading me. I don’t know, I didn’t think telling that I lived in this house and am rich was important.”

I scrunched my face at his answer. “I didn’t mean that, I meant the whole roommate situation.”

“I assumed you knew since we go to and from school together like you and CL do.”

“Oh, well I thought you guys just carpooled.”

He laughed, “well it doesn’t matter now.” He said walking me into the family room. In the family room, the rest of the boys were there except Yong Guk. They were playing video games, and Himchan was on a laptop. “Jongup. Zelo.” Daehyun called, “Jeo Jeo is here for you guys.” They looked up toward me. And then went back to the game. I just stared at them. “Why are you here for them anyway?” Daehyun asked me taking my bag out of my hands.

“I got a text from Zelo saying that he and Jongup wanted me to come over to work on our dance assignment.”

He laughed, “Well their playing games.” I just looked at him; I had nothing to say to that.

“Why do you have two poles,” a deep voice asked. I looked away from Daehyun and saw Himchan’s psychotic serial killer eyes stare at me.

“It’s for the project.” I said trying to stay happy, but the truth was I was really creeped out by him.

Zelo then let out a chant, “OH YEAH!! NAEGA JEIL JAL NAGA! I WIN!” he began to jump up and down.

Jongup slammed his remote controller down and yelled, “YOU CHEATED!”

“No I didn’t you just can’t handle my mad skills.” Zelo said with a smirk on his face.

“There’s no use in fighting with him Jongup he’s still a kid.” Yongjae added to the conversation.

“Whatever, he still cheated.” Jongup said coldly.

“Noona do you think I cheated?” Zelo asked with an innocent face.
“Don’t answer that,” Daehyun whispered in my ear.  

“Um I wasn’t paying attention sorry Zelo.” I replied, his face went from happy to depressed.

“Don’t you guys have a project to be getting to?” Himchan said, staring at his computer screen.

“Yeah.” Jongup said, standing up. “We should go do that.” He glared at Zelo when he said that.

“Ne, to the dance studio!” Zelo said pointing to the air.

“You have a dance studio in your house?” I asked surprised, and looked at all of them blankly.

“Yeah! It was an extra room we decided to make the dance studio.” Zelo said happily.

“Okay….” I said, my eyes where wide. The thought of a dance studio in their house was mind blowing.

“This way.” Jongup said taking my bag from Daehyun and started walking down the hall. I stood there for a moment, gathering my thoughts. When he turned to me and said, “That’s when you follow me.”

“Oh right sorry, I spaced out.” I said apologetically. Daehyun then nudged me to walk with them.

He turned to me and said, “Don’t worry they won’t bite.”

“That’s what you think.” Yongjae murmured from the couch, continuing to play the video game.

Daehyun nudged me again, toward the two younger boys. I started to walk away looking back to Daehyun, but he was already gone. So I followed the two to a room, which looked exactly like the dance studio at school. I still carried the flagpoles in my hands and when I walked in the room. They closed the door.

“What are the poles for?” Zelo asked unsure of what they were.

“They’re to hit you with.” Jongup said to him.

“Noona you wouldn’t hit me would you?” Zelo asked once again with an innocent face.

“No, they’re for the routine.” I said, fixing the confusion.

“You should have let him think you were going to hit him with them.” Jongup said with an evil grin.

“That wouldn’t be nice.” I said, “let’s get to work” they nodded and we began. I learned Jongup’s entire dance at school and now all of Zelo’s. We did run through the routine a few times before I started to teach them mine. 

As I began to teach them the moves, they questioned my every move. They didn’t understand the reason for the flags.

“Noona I really don’t understand what the flags are for if you’re going to dance too.” Zelo said catching his breath.

“Yeah, what’s the point of them?” Jongup asked.

I rolled my eyes, “Will you guys trust me already?” I asked.

“We do trust you but we don’t know what they are going to be used for.” Zelo replied, and Jongup nodded.

“I was teaching you guys your dance parts.” I said looking at them, as they drank water.

They looked at each other confused and said at the same time, “Our parts?”

“Yes, you know them right?” I asked. They nodded to me. “Well then ok I will show you my parts.” I picked up the flag and placed it down in front of me. “Now lets get in positions.

They got into the starting position of my routine and posed. I was in the middle of them and I faced where the audience would be. They both were turned inward toward me. When the music played I started my dance with them. I first swung my arm up to the right where Jongup stood. I then dragged my hand down his chest. Then I repeated the move with my left hand and to Zelo. They began their dance moves mirroring each other as I put both my hands in the air and then bent down to pick up the flag. As the two danced, I did my flag routine. Spinning and waving the flag elegantly around.  Until I reached the middle of the song where I slid the flag on the ground out of the way, and started my partner dance with Jongup. It was sassy, and very Michael Jackson like. I leaped into the air, landing on my feat turning into a turn and landing in Jongup’s arms. I placed my one hand on his chest, and the other reached to the 1920’s gangster style hat on his head. His arms wrapped around me, on placed on my upper back and the other one was supposed to be on my lower back, but it wasn’t. His left hand was in a place where it shouldn’t be, on my . I froze. The music continued, and Zelo began to laugh. I pulled Jongup’s hand off my and placed it where it was supposed to be on my lower back.

Zelo then turned the music off and said, “Getting frisky with noona, hyung?”

“No! I didn’t mean to it was an accident!” he said turning red.

“Yeah right! You’re always trying to touch girls. Too bad they find you repulsive.” Replied Zelo.

“That’s not true! Noona he’s lying!” Jongup said looking away and turning redder.

“It’s fine! We are not going to argue about this! Lets not have it happen again okay?”

“Ne.” Zelo answered.

“It won’t happen again.” Jongup said shyly.

“Okay then lets move on… Lets start from the beginning.”

“The whole routine?” they both asked.

“Yep, Lets see how well we can do.” I said getting into position.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zelo started the music from the beginning, and then ran into place. We started with the hip-hop routine, which involved me being thrown in the air. Actually I was being thrown in the air in both Zelo’s and Jongup’s routine. We practiced the whole thing from beginning to end. Then we worked on facials and charisma. We began to run through the routine again. Once the music ended and we finished the routine, we were all panting for air. I felt like a sweaty mess.

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” a booming voice filled the studio making me jump. I looked over at the door and there stood the jerk himself. It was Yong Guk.

“Hyung we were just practicing our dance routine.” Zelo answered him.

“You’re being to loud! I’m trying to work on things, and I’m getting distracted because of your loud music.” Yong Guk replied, his voice sounding angry. He always sounded angry. When in his life was he ever happy, or at least not angry? I wondered to myself.

“Mianhaeyo hyung we just finished so you wont hear us anymore.” Jongup bowed apologetically and so did Zelo. I just stood there staring at him. He stared back at me and the to young boys looked back and fourth between each other and then between Yong Guk and I. “Don’t you have any manners?” He said to me?
“Yes I do.” I replied to Yong Guk not giving him any eye contact.

“Well then bow, and make eye contact with me! I’m your elder.” He said with a growl. Jongup and Zelo just stared at him and I.

“I’m not going to respect you until you respect me!” I said picking my bag and flags up.

He walked over to me, and stared down upon me. “You still have to be respectful to your elders!” he growled.

“I don’t have to do anything I don’t want to! Besides what do you want me to call you Oppa? I’d rather be hit by a bus than do that.” I said spitefully.  

“That could be arranged.” He said with a growl. He began to sound animal like and look animal like. His face grew angrier and his eyebrows seemed to become one. We were having a stare down with one another.

“Yah! If you respect me I wont have a problem respecting you, but since your going to be rude, I’ll do the same to you. Don’t like it change your attitude!” I felt myself get angry, and I noticed I started to raise my voice.

“Think what you want, you don’t mean anything to me!” He said, but I was just barley able to make out what he said. His hands were in tight fists, and started to turn red.

“I’m not afraid of you!” I said starting to walk past him.

His arm shot out and he grabbed my arm. His hand was hot against my skin. I tried to pull away but his grip tightened. “YAH! LET GO OF ME!” I yelled. His grip tightened even more, and my arm began to hurt. “YAH! LET GO OF ME! YOUR HURTING ME!” I yelled again, trying to escape his grasp. I dropped my things and they hit the floor. I took my free hand and tried to loosen his grip with it. It just made him grab on tighter. I looked into his eyes; they were stern, hard, and angry. They were so dark that I couldn’t tell where his pupils met his irises. His eyes didn’t even look human. I started to hit him, trying to get out of his grasp. “OWWWWW!” I cried, “Let go of me,” I screamed. I tried to hide my tears, his free arm raised up. I thought he was going to hit me. So I turned away and hid my face.

 Then I heard Zelo “Hyung! Hyung! Stop! STOP!” he Yelled as he tried to get Yong Guk to let go of me. I noticed that Jongup was no longer in the room. I knew that Zelo had no chance against Yong Guk. His eyes had fire in them. It seemed that there was a tint of red in them now. He pushed Zelo down and out of the way, and pulled me close to him. His eyes scared me; they looked as if he was a wolf staring down his prey. His hand felt even hotter than before. I struggled to pull away, and finally a tear dripped down my cheek. I heard loud footsteps coming. They sounded like they were in a hurry.

I began to smack, and hit him again. Trying to break loose of his strong grasp. I felt that my attempts to break free were failing. When I heard Daehyun’s voice, “LET GO OF HER!” I looked over toward the door, Daehyun was already at my side, and the other boys were standing in the doorway. Jongup was the first one I noticed there. Daehyun grabbed Yong Guk’s hand, and pried it off my arm, with both of his. I could tell he struggled to do it. Once I was free, Daehyun pushed him back against the wall and yelled, “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?” His voice seemed to growl too. I backed away and Zelo picked up my things. I rubbed my arm, and noticed it had already begun to bruise. I looked back at Yong Guk his eyes still animalistic like before. Daehyun hand Yong Guk by the shirt and had managed somehow to push him against the wall. Daehyun was staring Yong Guk down, but it didn’t seem to be working. Yong Guk’s eyes were on me, and it made me uncomfortable. Himchan finally walked in from watching by the door. He headed over to the two and touched Daehyun on the shoulder.

“Let him go, I’ll take care of it.” He said softly, and he looked at me. Tears were in my eyes, and had begun to fall. “Go see if your friend is okay.”

“He can’t get away with this! I won’t let him get away with this!” Daehyun growled, his words were also hard to make out.

“Just go!” Himchan’s serial killer eyes stared at Daehyun. Daehyun turned to look at me, his eyes were angry, but softened when he saw me. Himchan too looked at me, but his eyes weren’t serial killer like, they were soft, kind, and even welcoming.

Daehyun let go of Yong Guk’s shirt, and when he did, Yong Guk went to lunge toward me, but Himchan held him back. Daehyun grabbed my shoulder lightly, and took me out of the room. Zelo followed, with my things, I ended up in a bedroom with the two of them.