Chapter 7: Getting To Know Himchan

Change

***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHAPTERS IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THAN THE ORIGINAL ONE. WHEN THE SERVER CRASHED I LOST ALL MY NEW CHAPTERS LIKE IT STATES ABOVE FROM THE WEBSITE. I DIDN'T HAVE IT SAVED ON MY COMPUTER AND LOST PART OF IT. SO I REWROTE IT, BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT FOR IT TO SHOW UP IN THE NEXT WEEK. THIS CHAPTER IS NOT EXACTLY THE SAME WORD FOR WORD, BUT HAS THE SAME THINGS HAPPEN, AS BEFORE. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.**** 

Please comment if you have questions. 

Zelo placed my things on the floor, and left the room. I stood there all shaken up. I didn’t even notice I was shaking until I felt arms around me from behind. The soft voice said, “Mianhae you had to see me like that.” And continued, “Are you okay?” I didn’t say anything. I felt the arms loosen. The tears still fell from my eyes, even though I tried to hide it; I couldn’t fight it any longer. I let it out; I turned around to face Daehyun, and threw my arms around him. I shook uncontrollably, and wept. His arms wrapped around me tightly, and he pulled my head into his chest. I stood there crying, and he just held me. The only sound was my crying. I felt him breathing, as he cradled me. I finally stopped shaking, I felt safe in Daehyun’s arms. My breathing began to deepen as the tear began to subside. I didn’t even know how long we stood there like that. He squeezed me against him and said, “I wont let him hurt you in anyway again.” I looked up to him, and he dried my tears. I didn’t want to believe it. I knew that at school tomorrow it would be the same old experience. He knew I doubted him. “I promise.” I whispered holding my face in his hands, drying the last of my tears.

I sniffled and pulled away from him. “Mianhaeyo, I wish you didn’t have to see me like this again.”

“Mianhaeyo?” he questioned me. “You don’t have to me formal with me, you’re older than me,” His eyes sparkled in the light; they were kind, and caring.

“Sorry, I’m just flustered.” I said looking down.

“Flustered isn’t the word. And I thought we were going to forget about the age difference anyway, since its only a month.” He said in a kind gentle voice.

“You’re the one who brought it up.”

“I know I wanted to remind you.”

“I remember.” I said

“If you did you wouldn’t have said Mianhaeyo.” He teased me. I began to feel better. I smiled when he said that. “There now that’s the Jeo Jeo I know.” He said winking to me.

“Where are we?” I asked him looking at the bedroom. It was enormous and had its own bathroom, and walk in closet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“My bedroom.”

“Oh, your room is very nice.” I said, as I began to wander around it. “I didn’t think it was your room.”

“Wae? Because its too clean to be a boy’s room.” He said teasing me once again.

“No I didn’t say that, I just thought… no never mind that…” I couldn’t find the right words to continue what I was going to say. I didn’t really know what I wanted to say anyway.

He laughed, “It’s okay I get that a lot. The other guys’ rooms are messy. Except…” he didn’t finish what he was going to say.

“Except who?” I asked, and he looked away from me.

“I doesn’t matter.”

I eyed him suspiciously, the only person I could think of would be… “Is it Yong Guk?” I asked.

I glanced at me and then at the ground. “Yeah, I didn’t want to say his name in front of you. I mean after what happened and all.”

I just looked at him and nodded, “Daehyun,” I paused.

“Yeah” he looked at me

 “Thanks for thinking of me, and thanks for saving me from the demon you call a roommate.”

I heard a laugh come from the door, “Well you hit the nail on the head.” Daehyun and I looked toward the door, and there stood Himchan. His eyes were soft and caring. Himchan walked in the room and towards us with an ice pack in his hand. “You should get washed up. Clean your eyes off, and freshen your face.” He said with a deep caring voice.

Daehyun looked at me and said, “he’s right, you should wash up a bit.” He took me by the hand, and led me into his bathroom. He pulled out a face towel for me and said, “Take your time.” And closed the door.

I the water, and started to wash my face. I cleaned off the make up that had run down my face. I even began to wipe down the rest of my body. Trying to get rid of as much sweat that had dried on my skin without taking a shower. I knew that I would still have to take one when I got home, but I didn’t want to smell in front of them. I changed into my street clothes that I brought with me, and put my smelly, sweaty clothes in my bag. I fixed my make up, reapplied deodorant, and sprayed some perfume on me. I heard arguing outside of the door, but I didn’t pay any attention to it. I fixed my hair and pulled it back into a ponytail. I was still shaken up from the even. I looked down at my arm and rubbed it, it was sore to the touch. I walked out of the bathroom and only saw Himchan. Daehyun wasn’t in the room.

“Where did Daehyun go?” I asked Himchan.

“He went to go talk to you know who.” He said walking to me, “let’s take a look at your arm.”

We both walked over and sat on Daehyun’s bed. Himchan placed the ice pack on my arm. I jumped from the shock of the cold and soreness. “He did a good one on you.” Himchan said, lifting the ice pack away too look at the damage. I looked down at the large hand print shaped bruise on my arm. I had a mark from the demon himself.

“I normally don’t bruise easily.” I said sighing.

“Yeah… Yong Guk is a lot stronger than he looks.” Himchan replied, putting the ice back on my arm.

“Yeah I found that out the hard way.”

“I don’t know what had gotten into him, he never acts like this.”

“I just… I don’t know… I thought I could fight him off, I mean I use to back home with other boys and it worked, but it didn’t with him.”

“Hyung is also a lot tougher than he looks too.”

“Yeah that’s what scared me after I hit him and he didn’t flinch.”

Himchan laughed, “He’s Korean.”

“Are you telling me that American boys are wimps, and Korean boys have super human strength?”

“That’s exactly what I’m saying, you don’t mess with Koreans.” He said smiling, “You’re not as coldhearted as he said.”

“What? Me? Cold hearted? If anyone is coldhearted it’s him!”

“He really isn’t. He usually doesn’t act like that.”

“Sure… then why is he like that with me?” I asked with a doubtful look.

“I don’t know, you would have to ask him yourself.”

“Yeah, like that will happen.”

“You’re his best friend! You should know, why is he the way he is?”

“It’s not my place to tell you. He would have to tell you himself, but good luck getting a truthful answer.” He said with at grin.

“Yeah…”

My phone began to ring. I got up from the bed and walked over to my bag, and pulled it out.

“Yobseo.”

“Hey when do you want me to pick you up?” CL’s voice came from the phone.

“Is now okay?”

“Yeah, I’m on my way, I’ll see you in a bit.” She said hanging up.

“Was that your cousin?” Himchan asked.

“Yeah, she’s on her way to pick me up.”

“Yah! How about we go downstairs, and I make some tea?”

“Um.. Sure that sounds alright.”

“Alright! Then when your cousin gets here she can come in and have tea.” Himchan said with warm eyes. He picked up my things and led me downstairs. He walked me to the kitchen; “I’ll place your things by the door.” He said leaving the room. Himchan came back, and started the tea. He placed the teapot on the stove warming the water. “Tell me more about yourself.” He said, as we waited for the water to heat up.

“Like what?” I asked

“Anything.”

“Well I’m adopted, and moved her from America to live with CL and go to school here.”

“I knew that. Tell me something that I don’t know about you.”

“Like what?”

“How about things you like.”

“Well I like to dance, and sing, but I’m not very good at it.”

“I doubt that.” He said, pulling the teapot off the stove and pouring tea into two mugs. “Jongup, and Zelo, say you’re and amazing dancer, and Yongjae says you’re a talented singer. They don’t stop talking about you. They go on and on about your talents.”

“Really? They said that?” I asked surprised, as he walked over to me handing me a mug. “Thanks.” He sat down next to me, and watched me with soft kind eyes.

“Yeah they did, and still do. Why do you think you’re bad?” he asked, taking as sip of his tea.

“I don’t know. I just am. I was always told that I wasn’t good at anything, and I was always bullied too. I guess I just…”

“Began to believe it.” He said, finishing my sentence. I couldn’t figure out how he knew exactly what I was going to say or what I was thinking.

“Yeah…” I sighed staring at the mug in my hands.

“Why aren’t you drinking your tea? Do you not like it?” He asked

“No no no no no, that’s not it. It’s just hot.” I said shaking my head.

“You’re lying. Tell me the truth.” He said to me with a watchful eye. I was surprised he knew I was lying too. I worried me a bit that he knew that, or could read me that easily.

“Okay… I just didn’t want to be rude. I really don’t like tea… I think it tastes like pee.” I said looking away from his gaze. I felt my face get hot, and then I heard him laugh.

“I’ve never heard that one before.” He said with a smile, “You really aren’t Asian then.”

“No really? I’m white. Besides it’s true I think it has a weird taste and I don’t like the warm water either, it just doesn’t seem right.”

“That’s what makes you different, but that’s not a bad thing.” He said with a warm smile, “I guess I really like ‘pee’” he said teasing me.

“I’m sorry if I offended you.”

“Nahh, you’re entitled to your opinion. I should have asked you if you liked it, instead of assuming.”

“No it’s my fault I should have told you didn’t like it, and then have you make it. I just didn’t want to be rude, which I am now for not telling you.” I said, and kept my eyes from meeting his.

“It’s really alright. Let’s just let it go, and forget about it” he said with a smile.

“Okay, that sounds good to me” I replied with a smile, “at least it smells good. And the steam is opening up my sinuses.”

He laughed, “Good, I did do something right.”

“Thanks for saving me.”

“It wasn’t really me, it was Daehyun and Jongup. They are the ones to thank. Jongup was the one who came to get us, and Daehyun was the one who was the first to run to you.”

“Still, thanks for your help.” I said, “For comforting me, and coming to see if I was okay, and the ice pack, and now the tea, and talking with me…” I rambled on.

“Okay, okay…” He said, “You’re welcome.” He smiled.

The doorbell rang, and I heard Zelo yell,  “I’ll get it.” He then ran to the door.

“Noona are you here to pick Jeo Jeo Noona up?” I heard him ask.

“Yeah, where is she?” CL’s voice echoed through the house.

“Follow me!” I heard him say. Footsteps sounded, and they came closer and closer. Zelo and CL walked into the kitchen. “Here she is noona!” Zelo said with a smile.

“Where are your parents?” She asked him.

“I don’t live with them.” He replied.

“Then whom do you live with?” CL asked Zelo with a confused look on her face.

“All my hyungs.”

“What do you mean by all your hyungs.” She asked him

“He lives with, Yong Guk, Himchan, Daehyun, Yongjae, and Jongup.” I said trying to clear things up.

“Okay…but how do you afford to live here.”

“It’s Yong Guk hyung’s house we just live here with him.” Zelo replied with a smile.

“Why would you want to live with him, he’s always pissed about something.” She said looking towards me.

“He’s troubled.” Zelo said, as he looked towards me, knowing about what had happened.

“Zelo! If he finds out you said that he’s not going to be happy.” Himchan scolded.

“It’s not like he’s ever happy.” CL Said.

“We were having tea. Would you like some?” Himchan said, trying to changed the subject as he stood up. He looked at CL and his eyes were serial killer like again.

“Umm, No thank you. I’m alright.” She replied

“Oh, Do you think it tastes like pee too?” he asked teasingly.

“Do I think it tastes like what?” she asked surprised and confused.

“Like pee” Daehyun said from behind her. He looked at me with warm eyes, and I was relieved to see that he was still in one piece after having a meeting with the demon.

CL looked at the two of them confused, and then at me. “Why would I think that?” she asked.

“It’s not anything to take offence to.” I said, “I told Himchan… that I think tea tastes like pee”

She glared at me, “really Jeo Jeo?” she scolded, “Did you have to say it like that?”

“It’s true! I don’t like tea, and I do think it tastes like pee, you know that!” I said defending myself.

“Whatever… So did you get you’re project done?”

“Yep… Most of it, all we need to do is practice.” I said, and I got up from the chair.

“We should get going.” She said.

“Yeah I still have to shower,” I looked at Daehyun, Himchan, and Zelo, “Thanks for letting stay here, and thanks for everything.” I said and bowed.

“Noona you don’t have to bow to us, you’re older. Besides everything turned out to be all right after what happened.” Zelo said with a smile.

CL’s eyes hardened, “What happened?” She asked worried.

“Well… We had a problem with….” Zelo said.

“Getting him and Jongup up from playing video games.” Daehyun said cutting off Zelo, giving him a death glare. He knew as well as I did, that if CL knew what happened, all hell would break loose.

She eyed him suspiciously, “Okay then lets go.”

“Thank you once again.” I said bowing.

“Noona you don’t have to bow you’re older.” Zelo said.

“She might not have to, to you and Daehyun, but she has to, to me.” Himchan said scolding the young boy.

“I’ll walk you out.” Daehyun said placing his hand on my shoulder. We walked to the front door, and I picked up my bag and the two flags.

CL took my flags, “I’ll put these in the car.” She said walking out of the house. Daehyun and I stood in the doorway.

“Thanks for everything.” I said to him.

“It’s really not big deal.”

“It is if you didn’t intervene I most likely would be dead, or in the hospital.”

“Don’t think like that.” He said, “I wouldn’t let him do that to you.”

“Thanks,” I said and he put his arms around me pulling me into a hug. We heard a car horn blare, and I turned around to see it was CL. “I better go.”

“Yeah I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said squeezing me against him. Another honk came from behind. “She thinks I like you doesn’t she?” He asked me with a sparkle in his eyes.

“I really don’t know what she is thinking anymore.” I said, and I turned to leave, “bye.”

“Bye.” He replied.

I walked to the car, and climbed in, Daehyun was waving from the door, and I waved back. He went inside and closed it.

“And he doesn’t like you?” CL asked eyeing me suspiciously.

“No we are just really good friends, I can trust him.”

“And you can’t trust me?”

“No I can trust you, but he’s a guy, and he’s the only guy friend I can really trust.”

“That’s because you have feelings for him.” She said starting the car.

“No I don’t”

“Okay… what really happened, when I dropped you off you didn’t have that bruise on your arm when I dropped you off.”

“If I tell you… You have to promise not to get angry.”

“Okay.”

I told her everything that had happened, and she slammed on the breaks when she heard about what Yong Guk had done. “WHAT! He did that to you?” She exclaimed, “I’m going to…”

“Do nothing.”

“Why? He can’t get away with it! He’s hurting you, and can do it again.”

“If you do something or say something, it just makes matters worse for me, he already thinks I can’t fight my own battles.”

“It doesn’t matter, I have to do something.”

“No you don’t Daehyun already did. And he said he was going to talk to him again.”

“Yeah, and Daehyun doesn’t like you? He’s willing to protect you from a psychopath.”

“And you’re willing to do the same. I already told you he doesn’t like me.”

“Yeah, but I’m family it’s different.”

“Not really.” I said, “It’s like if you were to stick up for Minzy, Dara, Or Bom.”

“Okay, fine…” She said as we walked into the apartment.

“I’m going to go take a shower and go to bed, I had a long stressful day.”

“Stressful isn’t the word, it’s more like painful.” She said.

“Yeah that too… Night.” I said and I walked into my room.

I took a quick shower and got ready for bed. I was truly exhausted from the ordeal that I had been through. I climbed into my bed, and slipped into sleep.