Chapter 10: The Up All Night

Change

 

After carpooling with Bom, we all arrived at the school. Students were everywhere. People from the community also came, to the event.

“I’m so excited to perform!” Bom exclaimed locking her car.

“I know! There’s so many people, I heard that scouts from entertainment companies are here tonight to look for possible trainies.” Dara said, “We could become famous!”

“I’m excited! I hope they like the songs we made.” CL replied, “Tonight is going to be a good night.”

We walked onto the main quad where the stage was set up. Some students were already performing, playing instruments, whiles some danced. I saw the mass amount to people and began to panic.
“I think I’m going to pee myself,” I said terrified, my eyes widened as more people gathered around the stage. There was other booths set up, with food, jewelry, games, and artwork for sale.

“Don’t be like that. Everything is going to be okay, we will all be up there with you.” Dara comforted me.

“I hope I don’t black out.” I said, “Or fall, or make a complete fool of myself.” I said, I wanted to crawl into a hole and hide away from the people.

“If you think that, it will happen, think positive.” Said Bom smiling to me. “Everything will go as planned.”

“Exactly we are only performing three songs,” CL said, “Which we all worked incredibly hard on.” She watched me waiting for my reaction.

I sighed, “Okay Okay, I will give it my best shot. I just feel like my stomach is going to fall out of my .” Is said as we walked in back stage.

The music was loud and I heard a loud booming voice. I looked up to see Young Guk and the other boys on stage beginning a performance. I wondered to myself “Daehyun didn’t say anything about them performing. And then again maybe he did and I didn’t hear him.” I watched as the boys danced, and sung. I was surprised at how good they really were. They all wore the same exact clothes with slight variations. I watched them perform, and this is what I saw.

 

http://youtu.be/bEM9CD4x0Qo

 

Once they finished the performance, they came off stage.  I saw Daehyun first. He wasn’t wearing the mask. We made eye contact and he smiled walking over to me.

“You didn’t tell me you were performing!” I yelled over the music to him. CL began to fix my hair. Before we went on.

“Yeah, I wanted to surprise you. What did you think?” he asked smiling. His smile was heart warming. I really couldn’t figure out why he wore the mask, he was a really attractive guy.

“Oh My God! You guys were awesome! I didn’t know that you sang!” I said surprised, and hugged him. That was a bad idea because he was all sweaty and hot from dancing, singing, and being under the lights.

He laughed, “I thought you knew.” He replied hugging me back.

“No I didn’t you really surprised me. And you’re not wearing your mask!” I exclaimed.

“Haha yeah…” he scratched the back of his head, “I can’t sing with it on. It comes out all muffled sounding, so I had to take it off.” He dug around in his pocket and pulled out the mask. He was about to put it on, when I grabbed it from him. “Hey! Give it back!” he yelled

“What? I can’t hear you!” I yelled playfully, “You don’t need it, you’re good looking, and don’t need to hide behind it!”

He glared at me, his eyebrows showed anger. “Thanks, but please can I have it back?” he held his hand out to me.

“Fine, here you go! But first.” I said pulling my hand away with the mask, “You have to promise me not to wear it the rest of the night!”

He just stared at me, then he sighed. “Fine I will, now can I have it back?” he answered me.

“Yes.” I handed it to him.

“Thank you.” He said taking the mask and putting it back in his pocket. I smiled it made me happy that he listened to me. “So when do you go on?”

“After they’re done.” I said pointing to the people performing on stage. “I think I’m going to have a heart attack, we are performing three songs. I most likely will die!”

He laughed and his beautiful smile stretched across his face. “No, you’ll be great.” He placed his hand on my shoulder, “Show them what American girls got!” he said trying to make me less frightened.

“Come On we gotta go on!” CL said grabbing my arm, “I’m going to steal her for about three songs and then you can have her back.” She said to Daehyun dragging me towards the stage.

He turned to face us, “Good Luck!” he said, “I’ll be waiting here” he smiled and waved to me.
I called back to him, “Thanks I’m gonna need all the luck I can get!”

And we took the stage. The crowd cheered, and my heart pounded. My legs began to shake, and I tried my best to make them stop. I took a deep breath and exhaled. “I can do this!” I told myself over and over in my head. “I can do this!” We took our starting poses, and the music started.

 

http://youtu.be/ilIu0wSwcFQ

 

I couldn’t believe that I had taken Minzy’s place for the performances tonight. After we performed the first song, I began to feel more confident on stage. The students cheered and we began our next performance quickly putting on the same zip up hoodies.

 

http://youtu.be/h_KkTM1JrSM

 

After the second performance I was completely comfortable on stage. The crowed went wiled, just like it had when Daehyun and the boys took the stage. People cried our names. I was so surprised that they knew my name; I looked to the back stage and saw Daehyun cheering for us. I looked back into the crowd, as we quickly got ready for the last routine. The boys were in the front row. I saw Yong Guk watching me, and he stared in my direction. It seemed like he was surprised I was on stage. We took our positions one last time. “Last one we gotta make it strong!” CL said

http://youtu.be/LY5e_XounIU

 

The crowed roared, I saw the boys cheering, and Yong Guk even was smiling. The girls and I waved and walked off stage. We walked right up to Daehyun, and he immediately grabbed me, pulling me into a hug. “You were amazing! I told you, you would be fine. It looked like you were having fun out there,” he said.

I pulled back from his hug, “Yeah at first I was nervous, but then I started to have fun and I couldn’t believe that everyone was cheering for us.”

“See we told you! You didn’t fall, you didn’t embarrass yourself, you rocked the stage with us.” Dara exclaimed hugging me.
“Yeah, guys I’m so proud of us!” CL said joining in on the hug, “Especially you!” she said to me, “You pulled it all together last minute, and I thank you for it.”

“We all thank you for it!” Bom added hugging me as well.

The people working on the lights then booted us off the stage. They told us we had to leave so the other performers could get on and off the stage easily. We all walked down the steps and off the stage.

Zelo was there jumping up and down waiting for us, “NOONAS! YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME.”

“You mean you girls.” Himchan corrected him as he walked up. He stared at CL, and then walked up to her.

They started talking, and I heard her say “Thank You!” When I looked over they were hugging, and Himchan was smiling with his eyes closed. Yong Guk was a few feet away, and kept his distance.

“Whoa! Hyung you’re not wearing your mask!” Jongup pointed out.

“Yeah, she won’t let me for the rest of the night.” Daehyun pointed to me

“I didn’t think you were dating her” said Zelo as he eyed the both of us.

“We’re not, I’m just doing her a favor,” Daehyun said, “It’s not like I’m not going to be wearing it on Monday.”

“Yeah… sure…” Zelo replied.

“No really it’s true, I asked him not to wear it for the rest of the night. I think it’s stupid that he hides his face, it’s not like he’s ugly.” I said explaining myself.

“You don’t live with him, he is ugly.” Jongup said, and the girls laughed.

“You do know that you are talking about me and I’m still standing here.” Daehyun said

“Jongup you’re not being very nice.” I said to him sticking up for Daehyun.

“Ehh it’s my job to bother him.” He replied.

“It’s not worth arguing with him over it.” Daehyun said to me, “Let’s go walk around for a while.”

The girls nodded, and Dara said, “I’m hungry and all that hard work performing made me even hungrier. Let’s get some food.” She suggested.
“I second that!” Himchan said, and he looked to CL, “What do you want to eat?” he asked her.
“I don’t know lets all go see what they have this year.” She replied, and we all walked around.

They had games, and prizes. We all played the games, winning prizes. Daehyun and I ended up getting separated from the group. So we just hung around together and talked. He was the best guy friend, I had ever had. He listened and always gave good advice. And it was easier for me to see what he was thinking because of his facial expressions and no mask. He was always smiling when he was around me. I noticed that Yong Guk and Yongjae were not to far from us. I wasn’t entirely sure if they were watching Daehyun and I. But I think they were. I couldn’t figure Yong Guk out, he was way to hard to read. The only thing that really, shocked me about him was yesterday during class. His voice fluctuated, and it didn’t sound angry all the time. At parts in our conversation about our biology project, he actually sounded friendly. It confused me. I didn’t like the sudden change, but at least it was better than nothing.