Chapter 28: Fight For Freedom

Change

 

Jeo Jeo’s Point of view

 

Nabbeun held a knife to my throat. I could see Appa and Yongguk in the middle of fistfights with his men. I stared him down. “If you kill me. I will haunt your sorry until the day you die.”

Nabbeun laughed, “Do you really think I believe in that?” He said pressing the knife into my neck. I felt a warm liquid drip down on my skin. I then began to feel pain.

“You should. Anything is possible.” I said, “and don’t think you will get away with this.” I warned. I had a plan, and I didn’t know if he expected it.

“Well let’s begin then. Hold her tightly, I don’t want her to get away.”  He said to the man who held my arms behind my back. His grip tightened on me. I hand to think of a way to escape. I quickly looked around the room, and noticed an escape route. I knew that if I took it, I could lead a lot of the men away from Appa and Yongguk so they would have a chance. I heard yelling, and screaming. Time seemed to have stopped as I looked over towards the massive fight. Gunshots went off, and I was practically in the middle of it. Now was my chance, now was the time to escape.

The man took the knife cutting the side of my left arm, causing a stinging pain. Blood spilled from my skin, and began to be absorbed by my jacket. The sadistic man smiled, as if he was enjoying my pain.  “You won’t be able to escape me this time.” He said, taking the knife and heading for my right arm.

“We’ll see about that.” I said, and he looked surprised. It was my chance to act. I quickly forced myself backward onto the man holding me, kicking my legs in the air. I nocked the knife out of Nabbeun’s hand, and stumbled backwards falling on his back. I used what I had learned in self-defense class. A acronym I like to call SING. I elbowed the man holding me in the stomach. Then I in stepped on his foot. I then took the back of my arm, and swung it into his nose, with enough force to break it. The last and final thing I did was kneeing him in the groin. He fell to the ground groaning. I quickly looked toward the exit, and began to run for it.

“You Fools! Go after her!” Nabbeun ordered the men. I heard heavy footsteps behind me, as I ran through the hallways. My heart pounded, and I breathed heavily. I quickly turned the corner into a dark room, and watched the men run past me. I took a minute to catch my breath. When another man came from behind me, and attacking me. I threw myself backwards against the wall, causing him to let go. I picked up a shovel that happened to be in the room, and swinging it against his head. He fell to the ground; blood splattered against the wall, and his head was crushed in. I bent down to make sure he was dead. I began to shake; I couldn’t grasp the concept that I had just killed a man. I began to lose my breath. I couldn’t keep calm. I backed away from the lifeless body, jumping when my back hit the wall. ‘Stay calm! Stay calm!’ I told myself over and over. ‘It’s okay, it’s okay, he tried to harm you, and you had no choice.’ I told myself again. ‘It was an act of self-defense.’

I began to control my breathing again. I could hear the voices shouting. They were muffled. I knew I had to get back to the main room to help Appa and Yongguk escape. I couldn’t leave them behind. I walked over to the lifeless man. I looked down at him; he had a gun, and a knife in his belt. I bent down taking both of them. I placed the knife in my jacket pocket, and checked to see if the gun was loaded. I knew how to shoot a gun; Appa had taken me when I was younger to a shooting range for bonding time. I guess now I know the real reason why. He did it to teach me how to use it if there was ever a time I needed to. I began to think of everything my parents had me do when I was younger. Taekwondo, martial arts, self-defense classes, as well as learning how to shoot a gun, I thought that going to the shooting range was just a think Appa enjoyed, but it was all just to prepare me for an emergency. I walked out of the room. This time I wasn’t holding back. I walked quickly down the hallway towards the large room where Yongguk and Appa where. All I could think of was, ‘please be okay!’ I prayed they were all right, and safe, and I hoped, but I knew the odds were against them.

A man came out from another hallway pointing a gun at me. I quickly raised mine like it was a natural reaction, taking him out on the spot. He dropped to the floor, as dead as a doornail. I walked over to him taking his gun, and weapons. I was in fight or flight mode, and I was no longer going to try to run away. I will confront and fight for the souls in this. This whole experience is the starting point of a new revolution.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “
Stop me if you can Nabbeun.” I said in the dark hallway.

 

Yongguk’s Point of View

I continued to fight, even though I felt like giving up. I had to stay in this, not just for my survival, but also for Jeo Jeo’s and Mr. Jung’s. I wrestled a man, to the ground. It seemed easier than I thought. I began to beat him. I punched him until he was unconscious. His face was bloody and bruised. I had made him look like a car had hit him. Another man hit me from behind. I fell to the ground, and rolled over. I looked up at the shadow figure above me, and I heard a laugh.

“You and your girlfriend think you’re smart.” It was my enemy. He pointed a gun at me, and I just stared up at him.

“We don’t think we know!” is said, nocking him off his feet. His gun fired missing me, but hitting one of his own men. Casing him to drop like a fly. I tried to wrestle the gun out of his hand, it was harder to do with him, and I knew why. The other men had no chance against me, but he did. He punched me in the face, throwing me off him to the side. I looked over at Mr. Jung, and he was battling three men at once. Shooting most of them between the eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well I hate to tell you this, but your girlfriend left you behind. She doesn’t care about you! She ran away!” My enemy said, walking around my body. I couldn’t move, and everything was disoriented. The room felt like it was spinning, and I began to think it was what was happening again, just like it did ten years ago. I thought I had lost a lot of blood, but I didn’t feel like passing out.

“She’s not like that! Jeo Jeo is the least selfish person in the world. Everyone else comes first before herself!” I growled up to him. I tried to crawl away, but he kicked me back down. I tried to get up, and every time he would nock me back down. I knew I couldn’t give up, but I felt like it. I felt like no matter what I tried to do it failed. The man who haunted my past, and now present was always one step ahead of me. I felt soreness, but not any pain. The only pain I felt was in my heart. I knew that if I failed, I’d lose Jeo Jeo forever.

“You do know the end is near for you!” he said to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s what you think!” Jeo Jeo’s voice came out of nowhere.

He turned to face her, “And what do you think you are doing?” He asked.

“This.” She said pointing a gun towards him. I knew she was buying me time to get up off the ground. I quietly got to my feet.

“What do you think you’re going to do shoot me?”

“That’s exactly what I plan on doing!” She said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My enemy just laughed, he really didn’t expect her to do anything, but I could see it in her eyes. A fire that no one could put out, she had made up her mind. She was going to fight back with everything she had, and I was proud of her.