Chapter 13: Meeting Melia

Change

 

“Where are you clothes?” CL asked as we walked into our apartment.

“Right here in my bag.”

“Why aren’t you wearing you’re clothes?”

“Because they got wet from the rain.”

“And who’s clothes are you wearing? They’re massive on you.” She asked eyeing me from head to toe.

“Young Guk’s”

CL was taken by surprise, her face showed shock. Her eyes were wide and dropped open. “What? I thought he hated you, and you hated him. Why would you be wearing his clothes? And why would he let you wear them?”

“He really doesn’t hate me, and I don’t hate him… Well at least not anymore.”

“You didn’t answer one of my questions. What made him have a change of heart? And what made you have one too?”

“I guess we have an understanding now. Besides he’s been a lot nicer since the whole bruise thing.” I said explaining my situation.

“Well then what did you guys talk about?”

“We worked on the project together, and he told me about his past. That’s all.”

“Didn’t Zelo say he was troubled? Does that have to do with his past?” She asked, she kept trying to understand the situation.

“Yeah he is, he lost his family when he was young, and that’s why he’s troubled.”

“So what? Are you guys like friends now?” she asked confused

“I don’t know… I think we might be able to become friends”

“Whatever, I just want you to be careful. It sounds like he has too much emotional baggage and I don’t want you to get hurt because of it.”

“Ne, I’m going to bed.” I said ending the conversation and walking to my room, “Night night.”

“Night!”

“I LOVE YOU!”

“Love YOU TOO!”

I got washed up, and went to sleep. I couldn’t help, but rethink everything Yong Guk had told me over. I couldn’t help, but feel sorry for him. I really wanted to be there for him. I knew that he needed a friend, and I was going to be that friend.

 

-------------

The next day at school, I saw Yong Guk and the other boys. He smiled to me with kind eyes. Himchan walked up to CL and I, “Hey can I walk you to class?” he asked CL

“Umm sure…” she replied, looking at me, they started to walkaway with him. She mouthed to me, “I don’t know why he’s doing this?”

“You’ll be fine… try talking with him.” I mouthed back to her.

I felt a hand on my shoulder; I turned around to see Daehyun there. “Ready to walk to class?” he asked

“Yep… Hey I gotta ask you something.”

“What?”

“Where were you yesterday after school?”

“Wae?”

“Because I was over working on the biology project with Yong Guk.”

“Why did he say something to you? Was he mean to you?”

“Well at first it was awkward, then he was all nice, and then he was mean again, and then nice again.”

“What exactly happened?” he asked eyeing me, he once again was wearing the mask. I really wish he didn’t.
“We got into a fight, and I really don’t remember how it started. So then I left his room and went down stairs to the family room to find you, but I didn’t see you. I only saw Himchan, Jongup, Yongjae, and Zelo. So they invited me to watch a movie with them since you weren’t home. Then they all ended up bailing because the movie was apparently not scary and lame, but I was scared out of my mind. Then Yong Guk came and sat next to me and Himchan was the last to bail. After that Yong Guk and I had a heart to heart.”

“That’s good. He’s coming around.”

“Do you think it’s because of the talk you had with him? And what did you talk about with him?” I asked curiously as we walked into the classroom.

“It might be, but he really didn’t listen, we argued about what happened the night he hurt you. I basically told him that he needed to start to treat you right. I guess it worked, or he finally decided being mean to you was more work than being nice.” He explained as we took our seats. “Hey, I met someone who just started going to school here, is it alright if she sits with us at lunch?”

“A new student? Yeah she can sit with us. What’s her name?” I asked

“She’s really nice, her name is Melia. I was with her yesterday showing her around, and helping her get acquainted.”

“Ohh okay… So what does she look like?” I asked him, I was so curious.

“She’s American, she’s come here to study abroad, but right now she’s staying in a hotel trying to find a apartment with roommates.”

“Oh… But that doesn’t explain what she looks like.”

“She’s like you. About the same height, with straight brown hair, and she’s Italian.”

“NO WAY!” I was so excited, “I’M NO LONGER THE ONLY WHITE GIRL!” I exclaimed.

“Wow, I didn’t think you would be that excited.” He said laughing.

“Wait, you said she is looking for an apartment right?” I asked.

“Yeah do you know someone who has an extra room? I was going to ask the girls at lunch?”

“Yeah I do! CL and I Have and extra bed room that’s empty right now. We keep the door closed because it’s creepy how empty it is. And we couldn’t decide on what to use it as.” I replied.

“Really? You have an extra room? Would CL mind if she moved in?”

“I don’t know. We would have to ask her and be introduced to her. I’m not saying yes until I meet her.” I said, “but if you say she’s nice, she most likely is.”

 

After Math and English, I was on my way to biology. Today I didn’t feel uncomfortable going there. I actually felt relieved that I didn’t have to worry about Yong Guk being a jerk. As I continued to weave in and out of the people, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see who it was. Yong Guk was there, and he walked next to me. Him walking with me made it easier to get through the hallway. People move out of his way, and they gossiped about the fact that we were walking together. When we got to class we started working on the lab assignment. We had to dissect a fetal pig.

“Oh god! I think I’m going to be sick.” I said covering my mouth and nose.

He looked at me and laughed, “Really, it’s not that bad.”

“Eww! Yeah it is. It smells bad, and that smell burns my nose and eyes.”

“That’s formaldehyde it keeps the body from decomposing.”

“I know what it is! I just can’t handle this. The poor baby pig, it never got a chance to live.” I pouted, and he made me put on the rubber gloves and safety glasses.

“At least it never got the chance, or if it did it would end up on someone’s dinner table.” He said smiling with warm eyes trying to make me laugh.

 “Oahhhh” I groaned

“Ha ha ha,” he laughed, “If you want I’ll do the dissecting part, and you can write down the notes, and answers in the lab manual.” He suggested.

“Gladly” I said handing him the scalpel, and picking up a pencil to write with.

He cut the pig open, the formaldehyde smell got stronger. I made a face of disgust, and I tried to breathe as little as possible. He looked at me, watching my reaction, and laughed. 

“You’re silly.” He said with a kind smile on his face.

“What’s that?” and I poked at the strange looking organ with a pencil, with the eraser touching the pig. A weird sound came from the dead animal, and I jumped back. “Oh my God!” The sound somewhat sounded like an oink.

Young Guk laughed at me, “That’s the right lung.”

“It doesn’t look like a lung to me” I replied with a face of disgust.

“It is though.” He laughed again, “you forced air out of it when you pressed down, and it made that sound.”

“I don’t care! It’s too creepy, can we please finish this ASAP!” The whole entire lab grossed me out, and I thanked god I hadn’t eaten lunch yet, or I most likely would have seen it again.

Once we finished the Lab we walked out of class together, and waited for CL and Daehyun. Himchan came walking with CL, his arm around her. The other students in the hall glared at them. “Why is his arm around her?” I asked myself. When Himchan and CL arrived, the stared at Yong Guk and I oddly.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Himchan asked.

“Waiting for you guys, and Daehyun.” Yong Guk replied, he then looked down at me with his warm brown eyes. It really was a completely different atmosphere, when Yong Guk was nice, and no longer angry.

Finally Daehyun arrived, with a girl my height. She was what he described earlier, but much more prettier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They walked up together, and Daehyun said, “Everyone this is Melia she’s a new student here.” And we all greeted her. Daehyun introduced us to here. She was shy at first, but once we got her talking she became more comfortable. We went to lunch and introduced her to the rest of the guys, and the girls. Yong Guk and Yongjae joined us for the first time at lunch. We all sat together laughing, and having fun. I sat next to Yong Guk and Daehyun. Melia was next to Daehyun, and I could see him eyeing her.

Melia turned to him, “Daehyun, why do you where that mask?” she asked him.

“It’s my thing” he replied

“Can I see you without it on?” she asked him; her eyes were large and caramel colored.

He laughed shyly, “Do I really have to?”

“Please!” She pleaded, “Pretty please with sugar on top?”

Daehyun sighed, “Fine, but it’s going back on after.” He said taking the mask off.

She studied his face, and started to smile. “You’re actually a really good-looking guy. You shouldn’t have to wear the mask.” She said to him.

He smiled, “Thanks, but it’s a thing I like to wear.”

“Melia, not matter what you tell him, he will not ever go without wearing it,” I said entering the conversation.

She looked at me and laughed, “I guess you’re right, he’s stubborn.”

“You got that right,” Yong Guk said, and he put his arm around me.

“Hyung, you’re against me on this too? What happened to us having each other’s backs?”

“It’s not like I don’t have your back, it’s just their right about the mask. Doesn’t it make things more difficult for you?” Yong Guk replied

“Like what?” Daehyun asked.

“Eating, drinking, talking, and breathing.” Melia interjected.

“Not really I’m use to it.” said Daehyun shrugging his shoulders.

“You pull it away from your mouth slightly so you can eat, doesn’t that get bothersome?” She asked him.

“Like I said I’m use to it.” He said ending the conversation.

After lunch, the rest of the day went by really fast. Yongjae came and sat with Minzy and I during class. And in dance Zelo and Jongup kept asking me questions about Yong Guk and I. I only answered the ones I was willing to.

As I was walking with the two young boys to the fountain where we were all going to meet the others to go home. Yong Guk walked over to me, and began to walk at my side. He placed his arm around me. I didn’t know why he was doing it, but I let him. When we arrived at the fountain, all four of us froze. Zelo’s mouth hung open, and all our eyes were large and wide. Jongup’s reaction was the same as Zelo’s, and I looked up to Yong Guk and he looked at me. I blinked again shaking my head to make sure I was really seeing what I thought I was.

“Wow.”  Jongup said

“I didn’t see that one coming.” Yong Guk replied.

“Hyung, and noona are…” Said Zelo

“Kissing,” I finished his sentence.

It was CL and Himchan, his arms wrapped around her. He pulled her closer to him, and her arms around lay around his neck. They both pulled away at the same time. CL was smiling, and she started to blush. Himchan’s eyes were warm and loving, and he smiled back. The four of us were just watching from afar.

“So will you be my girlfriend?” We all heard Himchan ask CL. My eyes widened I knew there was something going on between the two of him, and I remembered what I said on the first day. I remembered telling her that his creepy stare might be because he liked her. I smiled, “Oh boy do I like being right.” I thought to myself.

“Ne” CL said, smiling to him. Himchan then leaned in for another kiss. I closed my eyes and looked away.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like a byuntae watching them.” I said

“I don’t” said Jongup watching with intrigued eyes and a large grin on his face.

Yong Guk slapped Jongup upside the head, “Don’t be a ert!” He scolded.

“I’m not a byuntae!” Jongup said defending himself.

“ert and byuntae are the same thing, which you are being by watching them!” I said walking toward them.

“If anyone’s a byuntae it would be you! You’re walking toward them!” Jongup said, and I turned around to face them.

“We have to go there anyway, besides how do you suppose I get home? She’s my only way.” I said turning back around to continue on my way. The boys followed me, and Yong Guk caught up to me, and walked at my side.

“So are we ready to go?” Yong Guk’s booming voice bellowed across toward them.

The two of them stopped what they were doing immediately, and looked toward us. They pretended that they were just talking, but it didn’t fool any of us.

“No we are still waiting on Daehyun, and Yongjae.” Himchan said scratching the back of his head nervously. He was trying to cover up what him and CL were up to.

“No we are just waiting on Yongjae, Daehyun is walking Melia home.” Yong Guk replied.

Just when he said that, we saw the blonde haired boy running toward us.

“He looks like a babo!” Zelo said pointing and laughing. Yongjae’s hair was flopping up and down.

“Hey guy’s, Sorry I’m laaateee.” Yongjae said as he hit the ground.

The boys laughed at him, and I couldn’t help but laugh too. “Are you okay? CL asked him, helping him up. Yongjae flipped his bangs out of his face swinging his hair slightly. He started to turn red, and said, “No one saw that.” Once again everyone began to laugh.

 

When we all decided to part ways and go home, CL and Himchan hugged goodbye. I waited for her patiently. While I was waiting, CL whispered something in Himchan’s ear. I wondered what it was about, but let it go. Yong Guk came up to me, and hugged me. He wrapped his arms around me; I still didn’t understand why he was being like this. I thought it might be because he needed comforting. I hugged him back, his body was warm, and if felt nice too. I could feel his muscles tighten, as he pulled me closer to him. For some reason I didn’t want him to let go.

“Hey, I’ll call you later about the project.” He whispered in my ear. I nodded, and he let me go. I said goodbye and CL, and I left.

 

Once we got home she headed straight to her room.  Then she came out, after putting her things away. “Hey…” she said, “I have to tell you something.”

“What?”

“Well it’s about Himchan.” She said with a smile.

“I already know.”

“What? How do you know what I’m going to say?”

“I already know that you and Himchan are an item.”

“What?” she asked surprised.

“Yeah, we saw you two making out by the fountain.”

“You saw that! And what do you mean by we?”

“Well, Yong Guk, Jongup, Zelo, and I did”

“Oh my God! You all saw it?” she said turning red, “I can’t believe that.” She sighed

“It’s okay, we didn’t watch the whole time, and well only Jongup did.”

“That Little byuntae!” she yelled and stormed off.

After CL had her little temper tantrum, we talked about Melia. She really was a nice girl, and we decided that she would be a good roommate for the apartment. We knew that we would have to let her know. So CL called her up, and told her the good news.  We were going to have a new roommate, and she would be moving in this upcoming Friday.