Chapter 25: The Warehouse

Change

Jeo Jeo’s Point of View

I woke up in a concrete room. I shivered, and I noticed I wasn’t wearing my coat anymore. My vision was blurry, and the back of my head hurt. When my vision became clear I looked around the room. I saw my coat sitting on a chair. I looked at my hands and feet, they weren’t tide together anymore, but the cut marks from the string that bound me were there, as well as bruising. I saw more burses and cuts on my arms, and it must have been from the struggle. I touched my face feeling dried blood on the side of my forehead. I slowly got up, and walked over to my coat, and slipped it on. I was freezing, and my hands were blue.

I walked over to the door, noticing it was unlocked. I opened it and snuck you quietly. I knew I had to escape. I crept down the hallways of the abandoned warehouse quietly. When I came face to face with one of the kidnappers.

“You’re not supposed to be here!” He yelled grabbing me, and I fought back.  “How did you get out?”

“None of your business!” I said angrily. The man was too strong and he over powered me. He held a gun to my head, and I froze.

“Don’t move or I’ll kill you.” He said.

“Go ahead and shoot me!” I said, and he just stared me down. “I’m not afraid of you! You can’t shoot me even if you wanted to. I serve some purpose in your plan.”

“That may be true, but once we get what we want it’s light’s out for you… For good” He said pushing me down the hallway, into a large open room. “Boss I found this wandering around.” He said pushing me to the ground. I landed on my hands and knees.

“Well, well, well. You have more fight in you then I suspected.” The main in charge said. “Who are you?” I asked.

“You don’t need to know.” He said, “But you can call me nabbeun. Tell me how you know Yongguk?”

I froze, he told me to call him evil in Korean, well that fit him right. I was shocked that he said Yongguk’s name. “Who?” I said playing dumb.

“Don’t be smart with me young lady. I know he’s your boyfriend! I saw you perform with him at the winter recital, and I saw him with you at the park, and the cemetery when you went with him to visit his parents. So don’t say you don’t know who he is.” He said grabbing me by the shirt and pulling me to my feet. He stared into my eyes with anger.

I spit in his face, “You’ll never get away with this! The police will find me.”

He punched me in the face, “Listen here, I have gotten away with things like this for twenty years, and the police can’t catch me. Besides all the other girls I killed, said the same things, and look they still ended up dead.” He growled at me. The side of my face hurt, but I didn’t cry. I didn’t want to show fear. I knew that if I did, he would win. The man forced me into a chair and the other tied me down.

“Where’s the file?” The man in charge demanded.

“What file?” I asked confused.

“The one that you precious boyfriend has. I know you know where it is.” He said with an evil grin.

I knew what he was talking about. It all made sense to me; this was the man who killed Yongguk’s family. I knew what I had to do. I knew I had to protect him from this monster. “I don’t know what your talking about, Yongguk doesn’t tell me anything.” I said.

“You’re a horrible lire. I know he told you! You are the only one he truly trusts.” The man said hitting me again.  “Tell me the truth, where is it?” He demeanded.

“I don’t know! Even if I did I wouldn’t tell you!”

“You would rather die for him then tell me where it is?” He asked and seemed surprised.

“I’m not selfish! I put myself last; everyone who is important to me comes first! I wont let you hurt him!” I said trying to loosen the rope around my wrists.”

“Well I’ll let you in on a little secret” He said leaning in towards me, “I already called your boyfriend. He’s going to meet me here, and give me the file. Then I’m going to kill you in front of him. Then I’m going to kill him slow and painfully.”

“He’s not that stupid he wouldn’t give in that easily!” I said.

“Oh but he has, and he will. I know that Yongguk will do anything to protect you, even if that means he dies himself.” He said laughing.

“I hate to tell you this, but you don’t know him like I do. He always has an alternative plan.” I said.

“Well see about that,” the man said, “But Jeo Jeo, I wouldn’t be surprised if I were you and he shows up here to try to save the day like he did ten years ago.”

“You won’t win.”

“Now tell me how do you want to die. I have nothing against you personally except for you spitting in my face, but I’ll let it go. I’ll be nice and end your life the way you want it too.”

“I’d rather not say.”

“Why not, I’m trying to be nice.” He said with and evil grin once again.

“Because screw you!” I said angrily.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How dare you speak to me that way!” He said, “Teach her a lesson.” He demanded of another man in the room. I kept my eyes forward showing no emotion. And the man did what he was told. He began to beat me. At first I didn’t make a sound, but as it went on. The punches and hits got harder and harder, I began to cry out in pain. I couldn’t hold it back any longer. The man in charge laughed, and that’s when I knew I was truly in danger.