Chapter 1: My Arrival

Change

As I stepped off the plane, my legs felt like noodles. The long plane ride stiffened every muscle in my body. I was struggling to keep up right walking into the airport. People began to stare at me as I walked by. Strange stares came from men and women of all ages. I heard the whispers, but couldn’t quite make out what they said. I continued to the baggage claim, where I would get my things. I my cell phone automatically receiving a text message that read “OMG! WHERE R U!!! IM DOWN HERE BY THE BAGGAGE CLAIM AND DON’T SEE U!!!”  I smiled after reading it. The only person who would text me like this would be CL. She always worried about me. We have been best friends since we were so young. Although she is a year older than I am, we couldn’t be any closer. Even after she moved here from Los Angeles, we continued to talk, and visit each other. I had finally reached the baggage claim, when I saw a blonde girl of average height pace back and fourth. She then looked down at her phone, and then looked up towards me.

“AHHHHH OMG!” she screamed and ran towards me. I smiled and screamed. I hadn’t noticed how loud I really was until we hugged. I received more of those strange stares from the people around. “I’m so happy that you’re here!” CL said as her squeezed me tightly.

“Me too” I replied “I haven’t seen you in like forever, and I really missed you” she finally let go of me, and stepping back to give me room to breathe.

“I got some of your stuff delivered to the apartment the other day, I had them place it in your room.” She smiled to me. “How much stuff do you have with you?”

“Ummm well…. Quite a bit.” I replied, and her eyes widened.

“Well… like how much?” her face showed that she was thinking.

“Ummm I don’t know, I guess a lot”

“What’s considered a lot? Estimate!” she laughed as we walked to where the luggage was coming from.

“Well all my luggage is aqua colored and has white poka-dots on it. So we will be able to find them out of all the ‘normal’ colored luggage” I said making the quotation fingers when I said the word normal.

She then laughed again saying, “Only you would have luggage that color. Oh how I really have missed you and your silliness.”

“YAH! There’s one of my suitcases!” I pointed to it, and then ran over to get it. I pulled it off the conveyer belt and rolled it over to where CL was standing. People began to smile at me. As time went on, I retrieved more of my luggage, and recieved more stares. Finally I had gotten the last one and rolled it over to CL.

“Wow… This is a lot of stuff” she said and continued, “You have four suitcases, I thought you said u sent most of your stuff?”

I gave her a grim face and then looked at the luggage that was piled before me. Then gave her a smile and replied, “Well… I did send most of it, this is just all my clothes and shoes.” We both broke out in laughter.

“Alright it’s getting late and you must be tired for the flight here, lets go to your new home.” I nodded and we both grabbed my luggage and left for the parking lot. Once we put all my things in the trunk of her Land Rover we headed off home to where I would be living. “Hey, how about tomorrow I show you around the school you’ll be attending” CL said, as she looked at me.

“Okay… but I thought you were going there too.”

“I am” she replied, “That’s why I thought I would show you around so you don’t get to lost.”

“Oh okay that sounds good to me” I smiled and looked ahead at the road.  

----------

 

After arriving at the apartment complex we unloaded my luggage and dragged it up to the apartment. “Here we are!” CL said with excitement, “Your new home. Are you ready for what lies behind this door?”

“Your kidding right? I’ve been ready for this day to come since the beginning of the year!” I said while jumping up and down.

“Okay here we go!” she then unlocked the door and pushed it opened.

We dragged my luggage in and I couldn’t hold in my excitement anymore.  I jumped up and down and gasped. It was so nice and clean. Even more so it was perfectly decorated. The kitchen had a little glass table that sat four people. The kitchen had a counter with a black granite counter top, and a white sink. The counter also could be used as bar with tall chairs slid under it. The color scheme of the apartment was black, white, and a pop of pink. It was totally CL style, which I didn’t mind because we have very similar taste.

“So what do you think?” she asked me as curiosity showed on her face. “Do you Like it?”

“OH MY GOD! I LOVE IT! It’s so modern and classy!” My eyes widened with surprise.

“Good… you were so silent that I thought you might not like it”

“I-I-I’m just speechless. I can’t believe that I live here now.”

She then laughed and said, “Let me show you your room.” I began to follower her down the hallway to where my room was. CL pointed into the room and said, “This is your room. I put some of your stuff away and set up your bed for you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was amazed at how organized it was and then looked at her, “you didn’t have to put my things away or make my bed for me. I could have done it when I got here.”

“Yah! You’re supposed to say thank you, but its really not big deal. I had nothing to do and I wanted to make sure that you would be able to sleep in your bed when you got here. I didn’t want you to have to worry about making it, after being on a long flight.” She smiled and then said “I hope you like it.”

“Oh my CL! I love it! THANK YOU SOOO SOOO SOOO MUCH!” I hugged her, and a huge smile stretched across her face.  “But really you didn’t have anything better to do, but set up my room?” I eyed her questioningly.

“I really didn’t. Besides I didn’t like seeing the boxes, they bothered me.”

“Uh Huh sure… your such a neat freak” I said jokingly.

“Well so are you! That’s one reason we get along so well. I’ll let you get acquainted with your room and let you unpack.”

I smiled to her and said, “Thank You! I LOVE YOU!”

“I LOVE YOU TOO ROOMIE!” she smiled and then left the room

“Wow… I’m Finally here. I can’t believe this its just like old times” I said to myself

“YAH! ARE YOU TALKING TO YOURSELF AGAIN?” CL yelled from down the hall.

“YOU KNOW IT!” I yelled back and then I could hear her laughing.

I then began to unpack my clothes, organizing them by season, color, and occasion. I put the clothes away in the dresser and closet. Once I had put all my clothes and shoes away. I saw how my desk was already organized with my school things and put away. I decided to inspect the bathroom too. All my towels, toiletries, makeup and my other bathroom accessories were all put away too. They had labels, just how I normally do it. I could only think, “wow she did this all for me, and the same exact way I would.” I smiled then washed up for bed. I got changed into my PJs and walked back down the hall to her room. Her room was her favorite colors, black and pink.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey” I said.

“Hey I’m about to go to bed, but don’t worry about me do what you want you live here now too.” CL told me. She was dressed in black and pink PJs.

“Oh haha that’s funny I was coming to tell you that I’m off to bed.”

“HAH see we think alike. You know great minds think alike”

“Uhh I thought it was crazy minds think alike” her face then scrunched up when I said that. And her eyes got really small.

“Eh same thing” she replied with a smile

“Hehe well Goodnight.” I said and turned to walk out the door

“YAH! I got to tell you something” I stopped and turned to her

“What?”

“Goodnight, sweet dreams I hope you have nice dreams about hot guys tonight!” she then winked at me.

“Oh geez CL your too much.” I shook my head as I walked out the door.

“Well its true, we need to get you a boyfriend! Now’s the time Your in a whole new city let alone country! The boys will be all over you!” she yelled down the hall to me

“Yeah yeah yeah, Goodnight CL.” I yelled back to he. I could hear her laugh to herself. I walked in my room and shut the door, turned off the light and crawled into my bed. I had my unicorn pillow-pet Charlie with me. I looked at Charlie and said, “Here it goes for change. What do you think?” I looked at him “yeah me too.” I turned over and closed my eyes letting sleep take over.