Interrogation Part 1.

Loving You.

 

Taemin pushed open the door and suddenly, he was engulfed by hugs from his dad and step mum.

 

“Wha-“

 

Taemin’s dad hugged him and then, his dad pulled him back, looking at Taemin with proud eyes.

 

“Taemin is growing up.”

 

Taemin looked at his dad oddly.

 

“Ne…”

 

Taemin said uncomfortably and Saemin seemed to have noticed his discomfort.

 

“Taemin…what’s wrong? Why are you looking sort of sad?”

 

Saemin said.

 

Taemin’s dad looked at Taemin and then at Saemin and then back at Taemin.

 

“What’s wrong son? Is something bothering you?”

 

Taemin looked at his dad and then back at Saemin.

 

He shook his head and then, closing the front door behind him, he walked to the living room, his parents trailing at his wake.

 

“It’s nothing…”

 

Taemin slumped onto the couch, his head against the edge of the couch so he was looking at the pearl white ceiling of his home.

 

“There is something. I can tell. Don’t lie to me Taemin. You know I can tell.”

 

Saemin said and then sat down next to Taemin and patted his hand.

 

“What is it? Tell us and we’ll see if we can help you. Right?”

 

Saemin added at the end and then looked at Taemin’s dad who was looking at Taemin worriedly but he still agreed with her.

 

Taemin’s dad sat on the other side of Taemin and patted his hand as well.

 

Taemin looked at his father.

 

He looked so worried for him.

 

Taemin’s dad was never there for him before.

 

Since he was little, he had very little memories for his father and his mum always told him and his dad was busy supporting both of them.

 

Taemin never saw his dad much either.

 

And he had definitely never seen his dad looking worried for him.

 

Taemin turned to look at Saemin.

 

Taemin had only known her for a few years and yet, someway or somehow, Saemin felt like a real mother to him.

 

She would get up, no matter how early Taemin needed to get to school, and make him lunch and breakfast everyday.

 

She even quit his job for him because she knew Taemin needed a mum at home.

 

Taemin didn’t know how grateful he was, to have a caring father and a lovely step mum.

 

Taemin sighed and began to talk.

 

“Well, it’s just…it’s just…”

 

Taemin didn’t know how to start.

 

Saemin smiled.

 

“Don’t worry about us. Just talk and act as if we’re not here. We won’t utter a word until you’ve finished okay?”

 

Taemin looked at Saemin and then gave her a small smile before taking a large gulp of air and started talking again.

 

“Well…when I first met Minho hyung…I only wanted to be his friend and get to know him…but then…today…when I saw him…”

 

Taemin stopped talking again and he was suddenly aware of how quiet the house was.

 

Taemin took another big gulp of air and began again.

 

“These few days, Minho hyung had wagged school-“

 

Taemin dad took a sharp intake of breath, stopping Taemin from continuing.

 

Taemin could tell that Saemin was giving his dad a death glare to tell him to be quiet but he wasn’t quite sure because he had his head down, embarrassed.

 

“Well…I was worried for him…and then Onew and Key hyung told me where he might be so…I thought that I could persuade him to come back to school…”

 

Taemin was about to continue when he thought to himself,

 

If I tell dad and Saemin that he was in a es club and I went it…they might not let me be with Minho hyung…

                                                                                                                            

So, with that thought in mind, Taemin altered the story.

 

“So I went to get him…and this after noon…when I was talking to him…he suddenly…he suddenly…”

 

Taemin trailed off.

 

He didn’t know how to tell his parents that Minho had kissed him and he had liked it…

 

“Let me guess. Minho kissed you. And you enjoyed it?”

 

Saemin suddenly said.

 

Taemin blushed tomato red and didn’t say anything.

 

Saemin laughed.

 

“Just nod or shake your head. Which is it?”

 

Taemin didn’t know whether or not to say the truth or lie.

 

But, Taemin knew that Saemin would know when he’s lying and he had already not said anything about the club so he should tell the truth now.

 

Taemin nodded.

 

Saemin smiled and clapped her hands together.

 

“That’s wonderful! Our Taemin is growing up!”