The Realisation

Loving You.

When they realised that they were halfway down the long stair way and still had two pairs of feet in the stair way they turned back to look at the entrance.

 

There, standing there, thinking to himself whether or not he should go in was Taemin.

 

Taemin didn’t want to go in and yet…he wanted to see Minho.

 

He felt his heart quicken every time he thought of him and yet he had only seen him thrice.

 

Once for a short period of time at the games arcade.

 

Second was st his place for dinner.

 

The last time was under the cherry blossom tree.

 

Taemin had only seen him three times and yet…what was this feeling exactly?

 

Love?

 

Taemin shook his head.

 

How can this be? He asked himself.

 

It’s impossible…right?

 

But then suddenly, he remembered what his mum had said to him once when he was young;

Nothing is ever impossible.

 

Taemin took a deep breath and then looked down at the dark staircase.

 

Taemin didn’t think anymore.

 

He  just did.

 

Taemin began to walk down the stairs, slowly at first but then becoming quicker and quicker until he reached Key and Onew hyung, but even then, he didn’t stop but just walked past them with a smile on his face and two words as he disappeared into the darkness.

 

“Hurry up!”

 

Key and Onew looked at each other and then in that second, they knew that Taemin loved Minho, even if Minho didn’t feel the same way.

 

They quickly began to follow Taemin and as they went down music came into their ears, blasting itself louder and louder into their ears.

 

When they reached the entrance of the actual club they were stunned by the scene, even Key and Onew who had been there for a number of times.

 

There, each boy there was still wearing their school uniform and each having at least two girls next to them.

 

Taemin, Key and Onew began to go their separate was to look for Minho.

 

Taemin found him.

 

Taemin couldn’t believe his eyes.

 

Each boy here had at least two girls, no more no less, around them at yet Minho had…5?!

 

One on his lap feeding him, two on each side, one of his arm on each shoulder of each girl and two girls behind him massaging one side of his shoulder each.

 

Taemin couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

 

Taemin stood there, starring at Minho until he felt someone brush past him towards Minho.

 

“YAH! CHOI MINHO!” Taemin heard Onew shouted.

 

Suddenly, Key was by Taemin side and was trying to drag him away but Taemin kept his feet firmly on the ground.

 

Onew punched Minho.

 

Taemin gasped and hid his eyes behind his eyes and he still felt Key trying to pull him away.

 

Key and Taemin began to watch and listen to Onew shout at Minho.

 

“YOU DIDN’T COME TO SCHOOL FOR THESE FEW DAYS JUST TO COME HERE AND PLAY WITH…WITH…WITH THESE USELESS WOMEN?! WHAT IS YOU PARENTS GOING TO SAY?!” Onew said, giving Minho another two punches, one on the face and another in the stomach, causing all the girls to run away screaming and yet not disturbing the other guests.

 

Minhoremained silent and didn’t answer.

 

Onew was about to punch him again when he suddenly heard another voice speak.

 

“Come back to school hyung. Everyone’s talking about you and-“

 

“I don’t care about what other people think about me.”

 

Taemin didn’t say anything and just looked at Minho.

 

He didn’t know why but his heart felt stabbed when he heard Minho’s cold voice and his hard eyes stare back at him.

 

“Do NOT talk to him like that!” Key said stepping forward, his eyes hard and his fists clenched.

 

“It’s fine hyung…” Taemin said to Key and then he looked back at Minho.

 

“Hyung…just come back to school everyone-“

 

“SHUT THE UP!” Minho shouted, finally exploding.

 

Everyone looked at him wide eyed.

 

“What do you know? You’re too young to understand. You’re a nobody. You have no place at Jae Goon. Whereas I,” Minho put a hand on his chest, a scary smile on his face.

 

“Am the best in all of Jae Goon and-“

 

*SLAP*

 

Minho’s head snapped to the left.

 

Onew and Key’s eyes starred at Taemin’s handprint on Minho’s face and Taemin’s angry eyes.

 

Suddenly, Taemin grabbed Minho’s hands and pulled him out of his table, out of the club and onto the street.

 

Taemin walked and walked, not knowing where he was going.  

 

Suddenly, he felt the hand he was holding pull out of his own and Taemin turned around to see Minho towering over him.

 

“What do you want?” Minho asked coldly.

 

Taemin looked down at his own feet when he heard Minho’s voice talk to him like that.

 

“I-I…I just…” Taemin didn’t know what to say.

 

“You just what huh?” Minho said, his voice low, causing Taemin’s heart to race.

 

Minhotook one step closer and dropped his head down making Taemin look up.

 

“You just what?” Minho asked again.

 

“I…I just…I just don’t want to see you like that!”

 

“Like what?” Minho smirked taking another step forwards making Taemin take a step backwards.

 

“SURROUNDED BY GIRLS!” Taemin shouted in Minho’s face screwing his eyes shut.

 

Minholaughed and took another step forward, Taemin took a step backwards and he suddenly realised that his back was against a wall.

 

Minhoput both hands against Taemin’s head and bent down to Taemin’s level, their noses slightly touching each other.

 

“Jealous?” Minho whispered causing Taemin to shiver and turn his head sideways, taking a gulp and not answering.

 

“N-no…” Taemin whispered.

 

“Chinca…?” Minho said smiling.

 

Taemin turned his face towards Minho and their eyes meet, their noses squashing each other and their mouths not even one centimetre apart.

 

Taemin felt Minho’s breath on him and closed his eyes and nodded his head.