(Myungsoo/Naeun) I could make you happy

Alternate

 

Myungsoo sits on the stone benches by the road next to a huge pot of a tree he doesn’t recognize, and flinches upon realizing the coldness of it. It is, after all, a winter night.

 

Casting his empty can of black coffee which he bought from the vending machine around the corner aside, he looks up at the tall building across the road in front of him. Third floor. Second door from the right. The lights are on, so he figures she’s still up. It’s just some time after eight, so perhaps she’s just finished eating dinner and doing her dishes now?

 

He imagines her slender figure and her long black hair. He has always loved watching her back as she does her works. Sometimes she would turn around, and finds him staring at her. “What?” she’d ask with her forehead creased, and he’d shake his head in reply and said nothing.

 

Just as he is almost getting lost in his pool of thoughts and memories, he sees the door of her humble flat swinging to an open, and a guy who seems a bit older than her steps out from the house. Then she appeared at the door, waving the guy goodbye with a wide smile plastered on her porcelain face.

 

Myungsoo crushed the empty can in his hand, before letting out a deep sigh. Tiny puffs of mist escape from his mouth, and he is reminded of how terribly cold it is. He rises from the seat and turns to walk away. He gives the apartment one last look before it disappears from his sight into the dead of the night. “Are you happy?”

 


 

I've always wanted to write something out of that edit :)