(Chansung/Nara) A Memory

Alternate

 

It has become a habit for him ― looking outside the window when he’s traveling, that is. It doesn’t matter where he is, what place he’s going to, or even what medium of transportation he’s using.

 

Today, too, is no exception. Almost automatically, he glances outside after putting on his earphones out of habit, but somehow today the scenery transforms into the one he used to see on his way to school. It has been exactly the same back then, him listening to music while watching out the window.

 

The sun shines just as brightly now as well, dazzling him with its golden rays, and it reminds him of those long locks caught in the gentle breeze he often saw as he walked towards the entrance. She is tall, just like him, and incredibly stunning for a 17-year-old, but rather than her beauty it was that image of her reading quietly by herself at the isolated courtyard of the school that captivated him.

 

He saw her often ― Kwon Nara, he learned her name when he passed her by in the hallway one day ― sometimes every day even, but never once did he attempt to speak to her. There wasn’t much that he wanted to talk to her about, but he was always curious of the books she reads. He would love to know what she thinks of them as well.

 

It is during times like this that he regrets it. He doesn’t really remember her face that well now, but he misses her from time to time, and the way his heart flutters when he saw her from a distance. He wonders, and hopes, that maybe she’d miss him too.