(Jinyoung/Ara) A song sung to the starlight

Alternate

 

She’s always the prettiest one, Yoo Ara is.

 

Even back in their schooldays, his eyes could only see her, as if she’s the point of focus in his vision while the others are just blurred away, less significant in his life compared to her. She is there even when he has his eyes closed, smiling that very smile he fell for. That is why, when he opens his eyes and sees her smiling at him, he can’t really believe himself since he sees her in his dreams too often.

 

He’s always been jealous of the moon ever since that day, Jung Jinyoung is.

 

He also thinks that she left too early, and that he hasn’t loved her enough. He didn’t get to fulfill his promise to drive her along the coastline of Jeju-do in the night yet like what was stated in her wishlist. He hasn’t told her how pretty he thinks her doe eyes are, and what he would do to see her smile. He hasn’t finished the song he wrote for her. He hasn’t saved enough money to buy that ring from the shop he passes by everyday either, and kneeled down before her and asked if she would like to be his forever. He used to tell her he loves her every night, but he never told her how much he does.

 

Jinyoung stares at the night sky and as he counts the stars, he wonders which one is her. No doubt Ara would be the prettiest one, he thinks, the brightest star that he can see anywhere he is, because she always outshines the others. He tries to reach her but only feels the cold wind blowing through his fingers. He misses her, he really does, and for that reason he envies the moon for being able to stay so close to her and sees her every day.

 

Every night he falls asleep watching the stars, and the soon he wakes up he starts counting them again, at times calling her name as well. Out of worry whether she is doing okay, out of fear that he might forget her ― he can’t tell anymore. He doesn’t know if the circle will ever end either, and if tears will ever stop falling. But he knows that he misses her, and each time he does he falls for her all over again.

 


 

Based on Starlight's Song which has a very beautiful insight/backstory. For Elle ♥