(Jonghyun/Yuna) Love follows the rain

Alternate

 

It’s raining and he is stranded. He sighs at the dark gloomy sky with his hands shoved into the pockets of his ripped jeans, his guitar safe in its case slung behind back. He doesn’t mind a lot of things, even when his friend decides to crash into his bed yet again and he needs to sleep on the couch because Jonghoon snores just too damn loud, but he dislikes the rain. There isn’t any particular reason to his negative feeling towards it, but rain reminds him of coming home to a cold and empty house, and he hates that.

 

He is contemplating on just risking getting soaked and running ahead to the bus stand in the rain when the stormy sky is replaced by a bright one with white clouds that look like cotton candies. Surprised, he glances to his side and finds a girl standing next to him, holding up an umbrella for the both of them. She pushes it towards him gently and smiles a smile that reveals her dimples, and he strangely thinks her dimples resemble his.

 

“You can go ahead and use mine,” she tells him in the softest tone he has ever heard. “Don’t worry about me. Someone will come and fetch me soon, so I don’t need to use this.”

 

Jonghyun knows the girl. He has seen her several times before when he passed by the class she’s in on his way to his. Once he even stopped and quietly took a peek inside to watch her sing as her fingers danced so gracefully across the keys of the piano. He still remembers the fluttery feeling he got when he heard her voice. What is her name again? He thinks he heard it before, but he can’t seem to recall it. Mina? Yeon―

 

“Agassi!”

 

Both of their heads turn towards the direction the voice comes from. An old man dressed neatly in suit wearing small half-moon glasses with greying hair comes into view. He half-walks, half-jogs towards the girl, with an umbrella over his head. “Ahjussi!” Jonghyun hears the girl calls back, a worried expression clouds her face. “Didn’t I tell you not to run before? What if you slip and fall down? You’re not getting younger, you know.”

 

“I’m sorry, agassi. I just didn’t want you to wait long.”

 

“And didn’t I tell you to call me by my name at least in public?”

 

“Forgive me for being forgetful, agー” The man stops midsentence when he sees the girl raising a brow. “Yuna.” An approving smile creeps up her face, and the man does the same. “Age is catching up on me.”

 

“Nonsense. You’ll always be young and smart and handsome in my eyes, ahjussi,” she says, her eyes crinkling into a smile as she takes the umbrella from his hand and holds it up for the both of them.

 

Yuna glances back at him when he thought she has forgotten about him. Jonghyun wants to say something to her but he doesn’t have any idea what he should say, and before he can make up his mind, she interrupts him. “See you,” she smiles again, and he watches her disappearing figure in the rain with the elderly man by her side, towards a grand looking car waiting by the road side.

 

It’s raining and he’s not really stranded. He sighs at the dark sky with one of his hands shoved into the pockets of his ripped jeans, his guitar safe in its case slung behind back. He doesn’t mind a lot of things, but he dislikes the rain. But there’s an umbrella in his hand now, courtesy of the girl who he thinks he has fallen for despite being worlds apart. Yuna. He will not forget the name this time.

 

He looks up at the bright blue sky with white clouds that resemble cotton candies above his head, and he smiles before stepping outside. For the first time, he thinks he likes the rain.