a bunch of things i wrote for my friends

Alternate

partners-in-crimes yugyeom/yerin
for kurdoodle (based on this prompt kind of)

"this is a bad idea," he says, more to himself than to her. yugyeom realizes belatedly that he's made a wrong decision and that it's too late to back out now.

"don't worry. just leave it to me." yerin grins confidently. perhaps a bit too confidently, he thinks.

"have you even done this before?"

"yeah, once. i used my parents'."

"did they know?"

she doesn't answer, but he already knows, so he just sighs heavily and leans back to his seat. "one more question. any injuries?"

a shook of head. "nope. i came home unscathed."

"no, i mean the car."

"only a slight dent- wait, yugyeom!" she proceeds to smack him on the shoulder, but that's not the bit that caused the creases on his forehead. "don't you trust me?"

"it's not that i don't trust you. i just value my life more." and again, she gives him another smack. "okay, okay. just let me put on my seatbelt."

yerin glares at him before turning her gaze ahead at the road, her grip tight on the steering wheel. somehow she managed to talk yugyeom into joining her little escapade, which according to her, "taking jinyoung-nim's car for a drive" and he still doesn't understand how did he end up in the passenger seat next to her although he has warned her "he's gonna kill us!" clearly enough. but maybe because it's yerin, and when it comes to her, he never wants to miss out anything, even if it means putting his life in her hands, literally.

"you've been hanging out with jimin too much," he mumbles, and she chortles happily.

"ready?" she asks as she places a hand on the gear and a foot on one of the pedals.

"not really, bu- wait a sec, hey, the gear's on reverse! baek yeri-"

 

 

sweet and sour jongin/soojung
for kumoholic (based on this prompt)

you don't seek love. love finds you.

at least that's what sooyeon used to tell her. but soojung never believed her sister's words. after all she watched with her own eyes how love has shamed sooyeon when the supposed love of her life left her a day before their wedding, and it is love that sent her to new york, alone and broken, trying to pick herself up in a foreign city where no one knows her story. love, as far as soojung is concerned, is a concept you fancy yourself with, but should never be taken seriously.

or so she thinks.

but love finds soojung one day, as she sits at a cafe, laptop on the table, papers scattered around it, creases on her forehead, glasses on the bridge of her nose. a hand pushed some of the papers away, and a bowl of shaved ice is set down along with a spoon wrapped in tissues. she looks up at the employee, frowning. "i didn't order this."

"i know," the employee replies. it is a boy, looking around her age, tall and lean with a mop of chestnut hair that almost reaches his eyes. "but you look like you need something sweet." when she doesn't respond, he adds, "don't worry, it's on me."

she kinks her eyebrow. "do you do this to other girls as well?"

"other girls don't look as sour as you do." he shrugs. there's a grin tugging on his lips, and soojung kind of likes the way there's a tinge of blush in his cheeks.

as the frown on her face begins to fade, her eyes move to the nametag on his apron. "well, thanks, jongin." she smiles.

 

 

your hand (not) in mine myungsoo/suzy
for bisteu (based on this prompt)

suzy is the kind of beautiful that makes you want to write poems for. but for myungsoo, it drives him mad.



he follows her across the countries. from athens to vienna to madrid. all the way to the dark alleys and dingy hotel rooms. he pays for whatever she points her finger at, food or jeweleries, dries his wallet and fills it up only to have it emptied again. he wants to buy everything she wants, even the stars if he can, if that makes her stay by his side.

he wants to buy her, even, and wishes it was possible.



in paris suzy steals his coffee and crinkles her nose at its taste. "bitter," she says. myungsoo shrugs and tells her he dislikes sweet things. she kisses the corner his lips and smiles. "but you like me."

he watches the way her crescent eyes form slits and feels his heart twinges. "yeah, i like you."



suzy spills red wine onto the white dress myungsoo bought for her back in budapest. before he can take off his cardigan, she tears the outer layer of the top, leaving only the thin lining that exposes more of her skin and allows her bra to be seen ambiguously. some passersby turn head, men especially sends whistles her way which she responds with a flirtatious smirk.

angrily, myungsoo covers her chest with his cardigan, and she scowls. "you're so boring."

"yeah, i am."



he lets her lead the way, from venice to rome to barcelona. she takes him to fancy cafés and packed night clubs, refills his glass with coffee and champagne and beer, kisses his lips and nose and neck. he cleans up her mess every night.

one morning in lyon, she wakes up before he does, and smiles at him when he opens his eyes.

he caresses her cheek and kisses fingers. "let's go home, suzy," he softly says.

"no," she mumbles and buries her face in her pillow. he found it damp later while she's in the bathroom.

the next morning he heads back to incheon while she leaves for god knows where.



it is a month later that he sees her again. suzy walks past him without sparing him a glance.

there's a headline that covers the front page of every website, newspaper and tabloid days afterwards. his name is not next to hers.

there's a polaroid hidden deep in his wallet, a stolen shot of her somewhere in those countries they went together. myungsoo takes it out and tears it the way she tore her dress, the same way she tore his heart.

 

 

the way we fall hyuk/joy
for mira (inspired by this, sort of)

“Hello, we are Red Velvet!” Joohyun’s gentle yet eager voice resounds in the room. They are backstage of a music festival they are scheduled for, and while waiting for their turn, Seulgi suggested that they visit other groups’ waiting room to introduce themselves.

Sooyoung lifts her gaze and her eyes immediately fall on a boy standing at the farthest end who is whispering something into ’s ear before they start giggling. He catches her stare and stops abruptly as he immediately darts his eyes away.

Next to her, Wendy is chatting to one of the members who introduced himself as Ken. They hit it off easily, being the chirpiest ones of their respective group. Sooyoung glances at Seulgi who is listening intently, and tries to do the same but fails to focus on the conversation longer than 10 seconds.

She dares herself to turn to the previous boy once more. Funnily at the same time he looks up and meets her eyes again. She notices the way shock registers in his face, his fingers fidgeting around, eyes blinking, the faint tinge of blush on his cheeks. She also notices how he’s the tallest among s, just like how she is among her own.

He is the first to break the eye contact, scratching the back of his neck out of awkwardness. Right at that moment, Joohyun nudges her elbow and nods at the boys who she realizes now are all looking at her. Flustered, Sooyoung quickly bows. “Hello, I’m Joy, the youngest of the group.”

But suddenly they start laughing, including her own members. “You’re supposed to say the final greeting, you know, “please look after us kindly” and all that.” Seulgi chuckles.

“Cute maknae you’ve got there,” Ken comments amusedly.

“Like our Sanghyukie,” their leader adds as he grins at the boy at the farthest end.

Sooyoung’s eyes meet his again. Sanghyuk, she thinks to herself. This time she tries a smile, and sees the corners of his lips curl.