(Suho/Chorong) Red

Alternate

She never liked that feeling.

 

At first, it came off as nothing, and she would forget about it almost instantly. But then, the painful sensation would start creeping in slowly from its root and the sting often would make her unable to focus on anything else other than that. Then comes the blood, and sometimes a scar as sort of a complimentary gift.

 

Chorong gawks at the thin red line on her index finger and scowled, wondering at the same time where and when it happened. The twinge that came so sudden feels both prickly and itchy at once, and it irritates her to the core.

 

“What’s wrong?” her friend asks upon noticing her troubled expression.

 

“Paper cut,” she replies, sighing.

 

Joonmyun stares at her, then at her fingertip. Grabbing her hand, he pulls her bleeding finger to his lips and begins the blood out as if it’s the most normal thing to do.

 

Startled, she can only blink at him but doesn’t say anything. Rather, she doesn’t know what to say.

 

When the bleeding comes to a halt, he, too, stops.  She quickly pulls her hand back and throws her gaze away to avoid meeting his eyes, awkward and embarrassed. “Thanks,” she mumbles.

 

“No problem,” he returns. “It kinda tastes sweet. Your blood, I mean,” he adds. “Just like the person herself,”

 

Hearing that, her cheeks turn rose ― almost as red as her blood ― and turns to look at him. But when she glances, he is already walking away with his heart that’s beating rapidly.

 

Chorong thinks she likes paper cuts now.

 


This is for M who triggered the SuRong feels in me.