(Junho/Suzy) sail to me, let me enfold you

Alternate

 

Junho is bad at remembering dreams ―he forgets them as soon as he opens his eyes. But there’s a particular dream that never left his mind. It comes back and haunts him in the darkness of the night, leaving him sweating extensively and sometimes out of breath, as if he’s been running from something, or perhaps after something.

 

“I want to be the sea in my next life.” He remembers her saying.

 

“Why?”

 

“It’s calm. I like the calmness.”

 

“But the sea can turn brutal at times, sweeping lives away in a blink of eyes without mercy. And there’s so much mystery that lies underneath its calm façade.”

 

She smiled then as she stared into a distance, her smile seemed as far as her thought was. “Maybe. But regardless of that, people still go there to seek a peace of mind. Isn’t that nice, Junho? Offering them peace instead of causing troubles.”

 

He wishes he had said something back then. He wishes he had noticed the distant look in her eyes and what lies behind it. He wishes he had grabbed her hands tightly and told her that he’s here, he’s right here and he’s never going to leave her all alone, lost and scared.

 

Junho is bad at remembering dreams, but there’s a particular dream that never really left his mind. In that dream he feels her fingers in between his, and he grasps them tighter although he knows she can disappear any second. She is smiling in that dream, not the one with the faraway gaze, but a happy, content smile that makes her look alive. He feels her pulse and he is reminded of waves crashing against the shore. Suzy is the sea now, but in his dream he lets himself think that she is real, she is breathing and she is back.

 


 

■ this is a late and such terrible birthday gift to lisa ♥
■ sort of inspired by
this