(Taecyeon/Tiffany) Train rides

Alternate

It started with glances. He looked up from his book out of dizziness while she looked up from her fingers out of boredom.

 

Once he gave her his seat because that’s what his mother taught him to do and she thanked him because that’s what her father taught her to do. Without realizing it glances were never given without shy smiles gracing their lips.

 

They began exchanging “hi”s and “see you”s, and slowly they grew in length into “how are you”s and “clear sky today”s. Soon he suggested “coffee?”, and with her signature eyesmile that makes his heart race each time she said “why not?”.

 

After knowing each other’s name they swapped numbers next. Then he told her bits and pieces of his life from his favourite food to his favourite friend who had moved away, and she told him hers from her favourite colour to her favourite memory with her deceased mother. He funny pronunciations, and she back saying his sounded funnier.

 

As time passed they no longer met just on the train. They met at the park where they fought over whether they should just sit on the grass basking in the warm sunlight or play kites like the carefree kids around them. They met at the cinema where they fought over the popcorns. They met at the restaurant his parents used to take him to when he was much younger where he made her cry when he came down on bended knees.

 

They still took the train, talking and laughing and bantering over little things while doing so. They rode the train and looked out at the strangers and wondered if they had a story of their own and prayed for their happy endings as the two of them gazed at each other with his toothy grin that makes her laugh in delight and her eyesmile that makes him beam in happiness.