Lies

Everything Happens For A Reason

As I got to my locker room, Shaira was already there waiting for me. I knew what she wanted. She wanted me in trouble again. I bravely walked near my locker. She grabbed my hand and dragged me to an empty classroom where two girls were waiting. She pinned me on the wall. I can feel her force on my shoulder.

“Yah, I am so unlucky that Baek Hyun oppa picked you as a member. Why don’t you just drop the subject so you wouldn’t get hurt?” Shaira said and the girls behind her started to laugh.

If only she knew who she’s messing with. But I can’t let anybody know who I am. I simply shut my mouth and not even tried to defend myself from her. I want to finish my studies and graduate on time.

Shaira and the girls suddenly got quiet. They saw the idols walking by the window.

 

“How’s been going between you and Beatrice?” Onew asked as I saw them outside the classroom.

“There’s no us anymore,” Taemin smirked.

“Mwo?! You didn’t tell us that one,” Jonghyun said.

“Well that’s because you’re so busy with Rhiyou all the time,” Taemin complained.

“How did you two break up?” Minho asked curiously.

“Who did break up?” a young girl said as she passed by the hall.

My eyes widened as I saw Therese, my older sister. She’s as stylish as ever. Her long hair flows to her waist and her complexion got a little bit darker. I got scared.

“Yah, better not mess with us… don’t even touch the idols and never ever talk to them,” Shaira said as she pulled my hair and pushed me outside of the room.

The girls behind her scattered my things again and I picked them up.

 

“U-unni… what are you doing here?” Taemin asked.

“Yeobeo, is your class done?” Onew asked.

“Ne, we’ll have dinner tonight arasso?” Therese unni said and Onew hyung nodded.

“Where’s Beatrice?” Rhiyou asked as she stopped walking and looked around.

“Mwo?! Is she even studying here?” Key asked.

“Ne, don’t you know Starlight?” Sakura said as she was behind Therese unni.

Oh no! I don’t wanna go back! I don’t want to go back there…please don’t make me go back…

“But if she’s studying here, then we should’ve seen her,” Jonghyun said.

“Taemin, you should be responsible for my sister since she’s your girlfriend,” Therese unni said.

I was listening to their conversation while I gathered my things.

“Unni, is she really here?” Rhiyou asked.

“Ne, I asked the principal if they have a student here registered as McGowell. He even gave me the files,” Therese unni showed them the paper.

“What the…” Minho said.

All of them were currently in shock. Therese unni started to look around and started asking the students.

“Hey you,” she said to Shaira.

“Wa-waeyo sunbae-nim?” Shaira stuttered.

“Do you know a student here who’s name is Beatrice?” Therese unni asked.

“A-aniyo…” Shaira said and bowed her head then quickly ran away.

“What’s this? A reunion party?” Kai said as he smiled.

The rest of his party was there. Therese unni saw me as I looked at her. She went closer to me but I turned my head away. I walked a little bit faster. I can hear her footsteps behind me getting faster as well.

“Yah…” she spoke in a soft voice.

Oh no! Oh no!

“Y-yah!” Therese unni said and she suddenly touched my shoulder. I could hear her breathing heavily.

“Y-you! Wait, let me catch my breath. Ooooff! What a walk!” she exclaimed. “Why are you walking away from me? I’m just going to ask you something, huh!” she whispered.

“Please don’t hurt me!” I squealed.

“I’m not going to hurt you,” Therese unni slapped me lightly. “You’re…”

“Shhh! Please, I don’t want to be caught… leave me alone… if you want to talk with me, go to dorm room 18. I’ll be there in nine thirty in the evening,” I said and started walking.

“What’s that unni?” Sakura asked.

“She’s doesn’t know anything,” Therese unni said and turned around to them.

I ran as fast as I could to the garden and took a deep breath.

What a relief! Tears formed in my eyes and fell trickle by trickle. I don’t want to go back. It was all a big mistake.

 

I went to the Café where I was working. I tried to concentrate in what I was doing but what happened at the corridor kept bugging me. Eight hours of working is over. I went to my dorm and as I stepped in to my doorstep, I saw a familiar pair of high heels. She’s here alright.

As I went inside, I saw her sitting on my bed, cross-legged.

“You really have great lock-picking skills. What do you want unni?” I asked her.

She stood up and crossed her arms. She looks serious.

“Where have you been all this five whole years? Why did you run away from home? Mom and dad are so worried about you,” she gave me a worried look.

“I’m fine now,” I said and faked my smile.

“You don’t look fine to me… when are you…”

“I’m not going home!” I blurted out. “I’m not going home anymore! I don’t want rumors to go around me anymore. I’m happy to have this kind of life…so please, just accept that,” I cried.

“What happened to you these past years? What happened between you and Taemin?” she asked as she tried to comfort me.

“We’re done,” I said as I didn’t stop crying.

“But you loved him didn’t you?” she asked.

“Yes I did. I really did. I gave him all my love but he betrayed me! He betrayed me!” I started to get angry and hit my bed.

“Beatrice, stop! Please stop… what happened really?” she asked me looking into my eyes.

“He forced me to do something I didn’t want,” I whispered and continued crying.

“What do you mean by he forced you?” she asked curiously.

“He forced me to give my everything to him,” I said as I cried and got angry and held my chest.

Therese unni suddenly got my point. She felt my agony over the thing I said. She hugged me and cried with me. She tried to calm me down but it’s too late because I passed out.

 

(TAEMIN'S POINT OF VIEW)

As we’re passing by an empty classroom, I saw the girl before from the theatre who’s being bullied by three girls.

“How’s been going between you and Beatrice?” Onew hyung asked me all of a sudden.

“There’s no us anymore,” I smirked trying not to be sad about it.

“Mwo?! You didn’t tell us that one,” Jonghyun hyung said.

“Well that’s because your so busy with Rhiyou all the time,” I complained so they wouldn’t see that it was a lie.

“How did you two break up?” Minho hyung asked curiously.

“Who did break up with?” a young girl said as she passed by the hall.

I looked up and saw Therese unni in front of me together with Rhiyou and Sakura. I felt a bit of guilt.

“U-unni… what are you doing here?” I asked as I saw her.

“Yeobeo, is your class done?” Onew asked.

“Ne, we’ll have dinner tonight arasso?” Therese unni said and Onew hyung nodded.

“Where’s Beatrice?” Rhiyou asked as she stopped walking and looked around.

“Mwo?! Is she even studying here?” Key umma asked.

“Ne, don’t you know Starlight?” Sakura said as she was behind Therese unni.

Beatrice? S-she’s studying here? But where? I need to see her. I suddenly looked down on my shoes and tried not to feel anything anymore. We didn’t really break up. I just did something terrible but I can't deny that I still love her until now.

“But if she’s studying here, then we should’ve seen her,” Jonghyun hyung said.

“Taemin, you should be responsible for my sister since she’s your girlfriend,” Therese unni said.

It’s true that I should be responsible for her since she was my girlfriend. I shouldn’t have run away from her in the first place. I shouldn’t have hurt her even though I forced her to give me her everything. But it was actually a lie. Nobody really knew what happened that night between us.

“Unni, is she really here?” Rhiyou asked.

“Ne, I asked the principal if they have a student here registered as McGowell. He even gave me the files,” Therese unni showed us the paper.

“What the…” Minho hyung said.

Seeing the files and her beautiful face in the picture made me want to go back from where we were five years ago but that was gone already. I can't go back to that and I don’t even know if she’ll gonna forgive me.

“Hey you,” Therese unni said to the girl beside the locker.

“Wa-waeyo sunbae-nim?” the girl stuttered.

“Do you even know a student here who’s name is Beatrice?” Therese unni asked.

“A-aniyo…” the girl said and bowed her head then quickly ran away.

“What’s this? A reunion party?” Kai said as I saw him and smiled.

He’s with the rest of EXO–K members.

“Yah…” Therese unni spoke in a soft voice.

Well, Therese unni can be scary sometimes. It’s no wonder she walked away so fast.

“Y-you! Wait, let me catch my breath. Ooooff! What a walk!” Therese unni exclaimed.

I didn’t actually hear what the girl had said to Therese unni but she ran as fast as she could.

“What’s that unni?” Sakura asked.

“She’s doesn’t know anything,” Therese unni said. “What are you going to do now?”

“What’s this? Is he responsible for a missing girl?” Kai said and laughed.

“Shut up!” Therese unni exclaimed.

Whoa! I don’t want to look at her eyes. She’s very scary right now. Kai stopped laughing.

I simply bowed my head and tried to look into her eyes. She has the same eyes as Beatrice. The only difference was the color of their eyes. Therese unni had brown eyes while Beatrice has a silver one that really caught me.

“What’s your plan? You broke up with her didn’t you?” she asked me and I simply nodded. “No wonder she never spoke and never returned home,” Therese unni looked on the ceiling and smiled, while her hands on her waist. “Was it because of you? Her life must be quiet now since we don’t have any news about her. Was it fun toying her?”

She looked at me fiercely like Beatrice did to me when she gets angry.

“Yeobeo, don’t be angry. We’ll see her,” Onew hyung tried to comfort her and protect me.

“I may have no right to interfere in your relationship but I have a right to interfere because she’s my SISTER and the youngest one whom I only got!” Therese unni said in a loud voice.

“I’ll find her and bring her back,” I said and looked into her scary eyes.

“No need for you to find her,” Therese unni said.

Mwo! Did she find her already? I want to know! I want to talk to her. I want to fix the things that became broken between us.

“What do you mean unni?” Rhiyou asked her.

As she looked Rhiyou, she smiled and her fierce eyes became gentle.

“I found her,” she said at last.

“Mwo?! Where?” Sakura said happily.

“I just need to talk to her,” she said and walked away from us.

But she paused in a moment and looked at me again.

“You are very lucky, Taemin. You have her heart. She’s been betrayed so many times but she still give love a chance, the TWO of you a chance but you blew it! You just set her aside and leave her. You’ll definitely regret it,” she said and walked away together with Rhiyou and Sakura.

“She’s so right about Beatrice,” Minho hyung said and I agreed with him even though I didn’t show it.