The Real Deal

Everything Happens For A Reason

Monday came again. It’s time for our major. I wore a dress and I covered myself with coat. My hair was wavy. As I got out of Baek Hyun’s bedroom, Kai suddenly stopped from walking.

“Yah unni, why are you still wearing those glasses?” he asked.

“I have to,” as I tied my hair.

“Still wanted to look nerd, I see,” Baek Hyun said as he touched my arm.

“Apa,” I cried since he pinched my wound.

“Mianhae,” he kissed my arm.

We all went to the dining area and started eating our food. Baek Hyun and Taemin were quiet since I was in the middle of these two boys. I looked around finding Baek Hee.

“Where’s Baek Hee? Isn’t she awake yet?” I asked Key since he was with Baek Hee last night.

“Nope…she’s so tired because we played too much last night before going to sleep,” he answered.

“You spoiled her, I see,” I smiled at him.

I ate only three spoons of my food and stood upon from the dining area.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Baek Hyun and Taemin asked at the same time.

“Going to school,” I said and went out of the dining area and wore my pair of heels and went out of the house.

I drove my car and arrived in school for only ten minutes. Everybody was looking at me so I just avoided them and bowed my head while walking.

“Hey Erich!” Shaira called out as I passed by her. “Still not going to drop out?”

“Ani…why would I?” I smirked.

She blocked my way and dragged me going to one of the classrooms.

“Neo…who do you think you are in this school ah,” she hit me using her finger.

“Yah, don’t make me lose my temper or you’re gonna get hit,” I told her impatiently.

“Oh really?” she pulled my hair and pushed me away leaving me to fall down from my knees.

When she got her hand on the air, someone stopped her by holding her hand. As I looked up, I saw Baek Hyun.

“O-oppa,” Shaira stuttered.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Baek Hyun asked.

I suddenly felt hands starting to pull me up. As I turned my head up backwards, I saw Taemin.

“I was j-just practicing with my slapping skills,” Shaira made an excuse.

“I don’t see it that way,” Taemin said putting his cold tone. “You bullied her the last time I saw you in this same classroom.”

“O-oppa! I-it’s not l-like that,” Shaira stammered.

“Do you know who you’re gonna hit?” Baek Hyun asked with higher tone.

“Baek Hyun oppa,” I said to him with worried face.

I was thinking that he’s gonna reveal it but I don’t want that to happen.

“This girl you’re supposed to hit is my girlfriend,” Baek Hyun said.

“Not just his, but also mine,” Taemin added. “So if I were you, I won't hit her again or else.”

“Or else, you’ll be the one to get hurt,” Baek Hyun threaten her. “Are we clear?”

“N-ne…o-oppa,” Shaira stumbled and went out of the room together with her s.

“You do realize that I’ll be more troubled for what you just have done right?” I said to them as Taemin released me.

“What do you mean?” Baek Hyun asked.

I just rolled my eyes and went to our first class. Math really fired me up in the morning. Luckily, I’m at the back seat. Taemin was on my side while Baek Hyun was on the other side. My other classmates were Sakura which was in front of me; Rhiyou was in front of Taemin, Se Hun beside Rhiyou, Su Ho beside Sakura and Kai beside Taemin.

Baek Hyun grabbed my hand and put it on his table. He kept pinching my hand since it was so soft and smooth. He’ll hold it then release his hand from my hand.

Unfortunately, I grabbed Taemin’s hand and played with his hand too. I held it and Taemin was shocked so he didn’t let go of my hand for the rest of the period. Baek Hyun saw that I was holding Taemin’s hand so he let go of mine.

“Why are you holding his hand?” he asked me as the class ended.

“That’s because you’re holding my hand,” I replied.

“What’s this, a lover’s quarrel already?” Rhiyou asked.

“Ani… he’s just arguing with Beatrice,” Taemin said in a low voice.

“Beatrice?!” Sakura and Rhiyou looked at me.

“Sorry for not telling too soon. I gotta go bye,” I said as I slung my bag.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Taemin held my hand to stop me.

“Going to our next class,” I said to her.

“You’re not going if you’re not with me,” Baek Hyun said.

“Then let’s go,” I told him.

“I’m coming with you two,” Taemin said.

I can feel some serious competition between these two. We went out of the classroom; Taemin was on my side while Baek Hyun was on the other side.

I can see girls already glaring at me.

“,” one of the girls said as we pass by.

“Who said that?” Taemin turned around and looked for the girl who uttered such words since he heard it.

“It doesn’t matter let’s go,” I held Taemin’s hand and pull him.

“What a total ,” a girl said cross the hallway.

“Maybe it’s time to reveal who you really are,” Baek Hyun whispered to me.

I just sighed and walked out from them. I knew that I really needed to reveal it already but I need more time. I went to my next class and sat on the back. Baek Hyun and Taemin followed and sat beside me.

“Why did you run?” Taemin asked me as he took his seat.

“You can't just hide forever,” Baek Hyun said.

“Would you two stop talking for a while? Gosh! You’re making me lose my patience,” I told them getting angry and they both fell into silence.

“Looks like you made her angry,” Minho said as he saw the three of us.

“Did something happen, unni?” Kai asked as he sat in front of Taemin.

“Nothing happened,” I said to him.

“Ms. McGowell, are you here? Who knows Ms. McGowell?” our instructor asked as he was holding a piece of paper.

“I know her,” I raised my hand and went towards our instructor.

“Go to the principal, he’s waiting outside,” he whispered to me as I got down from where I was sitting.

I went to the principal that was waiting outside. The only persons in school that knew my real identity were our professors and our principal.

“Your sister was looking for you last week. I’m so sorry if I told her,” our principal apologized.

“It’s ok. Thank you for taking care of me,” I said to the principal.

I went inside the theatre again and our class was already starting. Few more minutes before our class ended.

“Last group, you’re up,” our instructor said.

Baek Hyun and Shaira stood up and I was the last one to stand up and went to the front. I sighed and took off my coat.

“What the…” I heard Taemin uttered such words.

I took off my glasses, my contact lenses and my ponytail losing my hair down. I went on the stage and waited for my cue.

When it was my cue already, I became Beatrice once more since I have to be myself once again. I really seduced Baek Hyun and made the audience moved by my act. I even sat on Baek Hyun’s lap to make it a real act. We also kissed while acting since it was needed.

After five minutes of acting, the bell rang and I didn’t mind to put my lenses and my glasses back, instead I destroyed my glasses and threw my contact lenses on the trash can.

“Why did you throw them away?” Baek Hyun asked.

“It’s time for me to go back,” I told him and started to walk as I put my coat on.

As I went to my locker, Shaira was waiting for me. She pulled my hair, dragging me to an empty classroom and pushed me as hard as she could but this time, I didn’t get down on my knees. Of course that was just an act trying to be weak.

“What’s this? So you’re strong right now aren’t you since Taemin oppa and Baek Hyun oppa are on your side right now?” she kept pushing me.

“You don’t know who really I am, do you?” I said in a cold manner.

“You’re just some that I know seducing two famous men,” she said.

“Aniyo…those two boys are my friends. I bet you don’t want to know who I really am,” I smirked.

“Don’t laugh at me,” she put her fist up but it so happened that I closed my eyes and evaded it.

She threw her legs on the air trying to hit me again. Girls were starting to stare from outside of the classroom. She kept trying to hit me but I kept on evading.

“Yah what’s going on?!” I heard Taemin’s voice outside of the room. As I looked by the doors, I saw him and Baek Hyun standing.

“You little ! You’re gonna pay!” she shouted as she was already pissed.

“Ah…I hate fighting like a loser,” I said as I evaded her attacks.

As she threw her legs on the air for the last time, I just caught it and pulled her towards me.

“Never…bully me…” I told her.

“Or else what? You’re just a little nerd,” Shaira said as she tried to get back her leg.

“I maybe a little nerd but I’m still a McGowell,” I told her as I let leg go.

“You’re not a McGowell…you’re a !” she said as she attacked me.

From that moment I really lost my temper since girls were already calling me a “, nerd, and .” So I just did a vertical tumbling and hit her chin. She flipped off and fell from the ground.

“Nice one Beatrice,” Baek Hyun said as he went towards me.

“You’re flexible,” Taemin complimented me as he got shocked.

“Beatrice,” Shaira said my name and got shocked. “It can't be…”

Girls started to talk and whisper to each other.

“That’s right. The nerd girl you’ve been calling and a is Beatrice…McGowell…Leila Mionnette Beatrice McGowell,” I said as I rolled my eyes. “Ah…I hate fighting like a loser,” I walked off of the room.