Trusted Friend

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

Chapter Six: Trusted Friend

The doorbell suddenly rang and I went to the door to open it. As I looked up, I was surprised to see Baek Hyun on my doorstep.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him before letting him in.

“Yah let me in first and I’ll explain everything,” he said.

I opened the door and sat on my bed opposite to his. As he placed his luggage, he also sat down to relax. Why does he have a luggage? Is he moving here?

“Start explaining,” I commanded.

“I’m your new dorm mate,” he smiled at me.

“Mwo?” I was startled to hear it. “How?” I asked.

“Therese unni asked me a favor,” he replied.

“What kind of favor?” I questioned.

“To look after you,” he laid on his bed.

“You’re kidding right?” I joked.

“Ani…she means it,” he sat again from his bed.

My facial expression became serious again. You have got to be kidding me! Why would some guy take care of me? I’m not a kid anymore! I grabbed my phone and dialed my sister’s number.

“Yeobeosaeyo,” she said as she picked it up.

“Unni! What is this prank?! Being taken care of by some guy! I’m not a kid anymore!” I shouted on my phone.

“Yah! Just relax arasso. Let me talk to Baek Hyun,” she said.

I gave my phone to Baek Hyun so he could talk to my sister.

“Yeobeosaeyo,” he said and put in a loud speak.

“You told her?” unni asked calmly.

“Ne…waeyo unni? She had the right to know,” Baek Hyun said.

“I know that but… aaahhh… let me talk to her again,” she said.

He gave me back my phone and lay again on his bed.

“Wae?” I said to her.

“Agree to my decision just this once,” her voice seems worried.

“Ara,” I sighed. “But why him?”

“Because I know that we both can trust him,” unni said.

She’s right about trusting Baek Hyun. He never broke my trust just once, never. He’s a trust worthy kinda guy and that’s what I liked about him.

“Besides you really need to be taken care of since I won't be visiting you anymore,” she added.

“Is it because of your designs again?” I guessed.

“Ne…” she sighed.

“Ara… for sure you’re flight will be tomorrow morning,” I knew her schedules.

“True…you haven’t forgotten,” she laughed.

“You’re my sister, how could I forget,” I said.

“Arasso… take a rest…” she said.

“Annyeong unni,” I smiled.

I ended the call and smiled to myself. Baek Hyun sat again from his bed and looked at me.

“Do you wanna eat?” I asked him.

“Ne…I’m hungry and I haven’t taken my dinner yet,” he answered.

I prepared a dinner just for the two of us. I cooked a chicken soup and vegetable salad. After fifteen minutes of cooking, I plated them to the table.

“Omo… now you learned how to cook…? Impressive,” he complimented.

“Gomawo,” I said as he tasted my home made meal.

“It’s delicious,” he was surprised by the taste of my work.

He finished his meal quickly and I was still eating while he gazed at me.

“What?” I asked him as I put the food to my mouth.

“Yeppeoda…” he smiled at me and stared.

I couldn’t look at him because I was shy and hesitant by what he just said. It’s been a while since someone said to me that I was pretty. As I continued eating my food, Baek Hyun looked at me seriously.

“What did really happened five years ago between you and Taemin?” he asked unpredictably.

As I put the last spoon in my mouth, I suddenly lost my appetite in eating. I didn’t speak. I just cleaned the dishes on the table and washed them.

“I wanna know Bea…” he insisted.

“But I don’t want to talk about it,” I said as my cold voice started to come back again.

My eyes were filled of tears. I started to cry while washing the dishes. I abruptly felt some hands going to my waist. I was astonished as a warm body came next to me from behind.

“Everything will be fine, I promise. Let me help you,” Baek Hyun whispered to my ear.

I can feel his breath on my neck. I couldn’t stop crying after hearing those words. Is it that long since I’ve heard those words? Is it that long that I became alone? I tried to pull myself together. But it was too late. I swiftly turned around and hugged Baek Hyun while I was still crying.

It’s really been a while since I had him. It’s been a while since I’ve had a friend beside me. Someone to hold on, lean on and to communicate with. It’s been a while.

He comforted me while I was still crying. As he held my face, he wiped my tears away and smiled at me. I looked like a child who lost my parents as I cried. As I tried to stand up, I fell from my knees.

“Gwenchana?” Baek Hyun asked.

“Ne…I just feel dizzy,” I said and was about to pass out.

“Looks like I’ll carry you this time… for sure you’re gonna pass out any minute,” Baek Hyun said as he put my arms around his neck and carried me. My head was buried on his shoulders near his neck.

“You still haven’t forgotten,” I smiled and I passed out on his arms.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

“You still haven’t forgotten,” Beatrice smiled and she passed out on my arms.

As I laid her down slowly on her bed, I covered her body with blanket. I kissed her forehead and looked at her innocent face.

“How could I forget,” I whispered and smiled.

Yes…how could I forget…? I was her only friend who knew her situation every time she passed out. I finished washing the dishes and went back to my bed.

I got out my things from my luggage and started to arrange them in the drawers and to the tables. As I was done, I got to my bed and started sleeping.