The Truth (Beatrice/Erich's Point Of View)

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

I opened my eyes and looked around me before getting up of bed.

“You’re awake,” I saw Baek Hyun passed by my bed.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“Going nine,” he replied.

“Do you have a class today?” I asked.

“Ani…I’m going to SMent for practice. Do you wanna come with me?” he asked and looked at him.

I just smiled and got up from my bed.

“No thanks. I don’t want to see what I don’t want to see,” I said and walked towards the bathroom while yawning.

“Ok, I’ll talk to you later,” Baek Hyun said.

“Wait,” I said as he started to walk going to the door.

“Wae?” he asked and turned around to me.

“What happened last night?” I asked.

“You don’t remember anything do you?” he laughed and I shook my head. “I’ll explain later when I get back or maybe when I see you in Café.”

“Ara…” I said and he walked off from the door.

I took a bath and ate my breakfast. Wait, who made the breakfast? Please don’t tell me it’s Baek Hyun? But it’s delicious. Anyway, I slung my bag and went off to work. As I walked, I felt like someone’s been watching me. I didn’t mind it and shove off the feeling.

(END OF POINT OF VIEW)

 

“Have you found her?” Mrs. McGowell asked on the phone.

“No, ma’am. She’s not here,” an agent said.

“Therese is right after all. Clear out the area,” Mrs. McGowell said.

“Yes ma’am,” her agent said and went out of the area and went back to where he should be.

“Where are you Beatrice? You couldn’t hide from me dear. I’ll find you soon,” Mrs. McGowell said to herself.

“I don’t think you’ll gonna find her dear,” Mr. McGowell opposed.

“I’ll definitely find her. You’ll see,” Mrs. McGowell said.

“As long as Therese is there with her, you won't find our child,” Mr. McGowell contrasted.

Mrs. McGowell dialed something on her phone and called it.

“Hello mother. Playing games with me?” Therese answered the phone.

“Where’s Beatrice?” Mrs. McGowell asked irritated.

“Why should I tell you? When I know that you would take her away from her happiness,” Therese laughed.

“Why would I take her away from her happiness when she’s happy with Taemin and they’re in love?” Mrs. McGowell chuckled.

“True mother, but you ruined her life this time. Thanks to you, she might be taking care of a baby right now,” Therese blurted out.

“But she didn’t have a baby right?” Mrs. McGowell became worried all of a sudden.

“Luckily, she didn’t have and nothing has been formed,” Therese said getting angry.

“Give Beatrice back to us darling, please,” Mrs. McGowell faked her voice.

“No mother. Not this time,” Therese said and hung up the phone.

 

(THERESE'S POINT OF VIEW)

I hung up the phone after talking to mother. I knew she would be pissed off by what I did. But she left me no choice. I went to the SMent to check for Baek Hyun. As I got there, I saw Taemin sitting on the floor while the rest of the SHINee members we’re practicing for their up coming music video shooting.

“Why are you just lying there?” I said to him as I entered their rehearsal studio.

“Yeobeo, what are you doing here?” Onew greeted.

“Yah, aren’t you happy that you’re gonna see Beatrice tomorrow? You should be celebrating,” I told him.

“He’s gonna see Beatrice tomorrow?” Minho asked.

“Ne, Beatrice said it herself,” I answered.

“Whoa… Chukahae Taemin-ah…” Jonghyun tapped his head.

Taemin wasn’t even smiling even though he’s gonna see my sister. But he didn’t know that he already held her and talked to her.

“Why is the nerd girl there in the first place unni?” he looked at me.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow,” I said to him and turned around.

“Why not now?” he asked as I was about to leave their rehearsal room.

“It’s complicated,” I told him and walked off.

I looked for the EXO-K members room by room. I saw them at the last room far from the SHINee members.

“Baek Hyun-ah, why are you here?” I asked him as I leaned on the door while he was rehearsing.

“Unni,” his eyes widened.

“Didn’t I tell you to look after her?” I asked him.

“Ne… but I have schedules too and besides…”

“She’s not in a safe place,” I cut him off.

“Mwo?” he muttered. “But she went to work.”

“What work?” I asked him confusingly.

“At the Café…she works there,” Baek Hyun said.

“Who’s with her there?” I asked him with wide eyes.

He looked around thinking…

“I think the guy’s name is Jake,” he thought out loud.

“Jake? I know a Jake’s name. But who’s Jake?” I thought.

I pulled out my phone and called Beatrice. Her phone was just ringing and she’s not picking it up.

“Hi this is Erich. I’m busy please leave a message. I’ll come back to you later,” her voice mail said.

“Call me when you got this,” I said to the voice mail.

As I hung up, I looked for Rhiyou and Sakura.

“Unni, wae? Something wrong?” Sakura said as she saw me.

“Call my agent and tell her to bring the files and designs here in Seoul at my place,” I told her.

“A-ara,” Sakura said and did what I told her.

 

(BACK TO YOUR POINT OF VIEW, BETRICE'S/ERICH'S)

I just worked hard on the Café just to pay all my expenses in school. I’m not rich right now and I cut off my credit cards too. I had a hard life since I ran away from home five years ago.

Hours passed and I went home after my eight hour duty in the Café. I held my nape since it was hurting. As I got back to my dorm, I saw my sister inside.

“What are you doing here unni?” I asked her.

“You have to go back from being Beatrice,” she said to me with pleading eyes.

“I-I can't,” I looked away from her.

“Why not?” she asked me.

“I just can't. I don’t want to,” I said to her with teary eyes.

“Tell me the truth Beatrice. What happened five years ago?” she opened the topic that I didn’t want to open up but I looked away from her and started to tell everything.

 

(FLASH BACK FIVE YEARS AGO)

It all happened in a day. I went to school since uncle called me. Taemin and I were already a couple and Baek Hyun was my best friend. My sister wasn’t there but she kept calling me every time.

“What is it uncle?” I asked him as I entered the room without looking at him.

As I looked up, I saw Taemin beside his parents and my parents were there too.

“What’s going on here?” I asked in a shocked but calm manner.

Our uncle was worried and so as my father. I really don’t know what’s been going on but mother was happy about it.

“Well, Taemin’s parents and I as well as your father, decided to arrange a marriage for both of you,” mother said.

“What? You haven’t consulted me about this mother,” I said as I stepped back.

“Well, we thought that we didn’t have too since you and Taemin are already in love,” mother said.

I can see that his parents were happy for him but he’s worried about it.

“I can't accept it mother,” I said as I stepped backward again.

“Well, you don’t have to accept it. It’s already been decided,” mother laughed and his parents nodded.

“I’m not going to marry him at a very young age mother. There are a lot of things I still want to do,” I told her.

“You’re young and beautiful. You have all you needed. What else do you want? Mother will give it to you,” mother said with wide opened arms.

“I want to be with my sister,” I told her all of a sudden.

“That’ll never gonna happen,” she looked at me with fierce eyes.

“I’m going with her this month on her tour,” I said.

“You’re not going anywhere Beatrice. You have to do what we tell you. It’s for the best,” she faked her smile.

“No,” I said and was about to walked off from the room.

“I don’t want to get married either at a very young age. Like what she wants, I also want to do the things I wanted to do,” Taemin agreed to me.

“You silly kids… dreaming of such things that doesn’t even exist,” mother contrasted us.

Mother came near me and held my wrist tightly.

“Listen to me Beatrice, if you don’t do what I tell you, you’ll lose everything you have right now. Do you hear me, everything you have right now even the people you love. We’ll make sure they’ll be the one to suffer the consequences you’re making right now. You’ll never get the chance to see them and they’ll blame you forever. Do you want that to happen?” she threatened me.

“Fine I’ll do what you want,” I told her.

As we turned around to them, I was about to cry but I held back my emotions and faced them.

“Fine, I’ll marry him,” I had no choice but to do it or I’ll lose all of them in a snap of a finger.

I went out of the room and ran away from them. I knew from that moment that Taemin wanted to follow me. I saw his parents’ expression and they were happy about it.

The night came and he asked me to go with him in a hotel.

“What are we doing here?” I asked him.

“Let’s celebrate,” he said and held my hand.

“What for?” I asked as we entered one of the hotel rooms.

“For us, getting engaged already,” he told me with a sad tone of voice.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him as I looked into his face.

He’s so sad and I can see he’s gonna cry any moment.

“Nothing,” he lied to me.

“Tell me,” I insisted.

“Just let’s get drunk for tonight. We should be happy,” he faked his smiled.

I knew that something’s been bothering him but I didn’t want to be a burden so I didn’t insist on asking. Then I got drunk.

As I woke up by morning, I checked my body and I was already and so was Taemin. I cried silently and went out of the room as I put on my clothes.