The Right Choice

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

As I walked out of the classroom, students weren’t blocking my way anymore. As I looked at them side by side, they kept on bowing their heads since they already knew who I was. I knew that they’ll be afraid of me but it was not my fault to be on top of the family class.

“Where do you wanna hang out?” Baek Hyun asked me as he held my hand.

“I just want to be with Baek Hee for a while,” I told him.

“How about taking her to the company?” Taemin suggested as he went to my other side.

“I don’t think she’ll love there?” I said to him.

“Why not give it a try since Baek Hee wanted to be with her brother and her favorite unni,” Baek Hyun pouted.

“Arasso,” I smiled to him and we went to my car.

I started driving the car and went to our house to pick up Baek Hee. As we got in the house, no one’s there and Baek Hee couldn’t be found also.

“Hey, Key umma left a note,” Taemin said as he went to the kitchen area.

“What did he say?” Baek Hyun asked as he went towards the kitchen area.

“He said, he took Baek Hee to the company since he couldn’t leave her alone in the house,” Taemin read the note.

“Then let’s go to the company,” I said as I smiled.

I drove my car normally. I didn’t drive it fast since we’re not in a hurry anyway. My right hand was on the wheel while my other hand was on my head.

“Looks like you’re bored,” Baek Hyun said.

“Ah…hmmm,” I said as I looked at him and turned away.

I was just thinking actually, thinking of something to solve this crisis that I was facing right now. I really don’t know what to do when I go home but the only thing I’m sure was to break free from mother’s rules.

We reached the company building for fifteen minutes and we started walking as we got out of the car. Baek Hyun squeezed my arms telling that it was alright. I looked at him and smiled. The kind of smile that looked unsure.

The three of us parted ways. Taemin went to while Baek Hyun went to the EXO-K practice room to rehearse and I went to see Baek Hee and be with her for a while.

“Unni,” Baek Hee said as she ran towards me.

I bent down to hug her. I hugged her tight and smiled as I looked into her face.

“Are you happy to see unni?” I asked her as I smiled.

“Ne…Bogo shiposo,” she said and held my hand.

I was unsure of everything right now. I knew that I shouldn’t be worried about anything but actually, I am. While I was walking together with Baek Hee, I suddenly looked at her and she caught me.

“Waeyo unni?” she asked.

“Would you like to be with your brother for a while? I’ll take you to him if you want,” I asked her.

“Ne,” she smiled and we started walking towards the EXO-K practice room.

“Keobta,” Se Hun said as he saw Baek Hee.

“Oppa,” Baek Hee shouted to the room and Baek Hyun turned around.

“Oh, Baek Hee-ah, why are you here?” he asked.

“I wanted to be with you for a while so unni took me here,” Baek Hee explained.

“Unni will be out for a while. I’ll come back for you arasso?” I touched Baek Hee’s head and stood up.

I started to walk going up. Where will I go? To my usual favorite place of course, the roof top. I passed by the SHINee practice room but didn’t look who was there.

 

(TAEMIN’S POINT OF VIEW)

I saw Beatrice pass by our practice room. She was so serious and not even looking at her surroundings. I think she was preoccupied but what was she thinking? I stood up from where I was sitting and was about to go out of the practice room.

“Taemin-ah, where are you going?” Key umma asked.

“I’ll just take some fresh air. I’ll be back in no time,” I answered.

I actually followed Beatrice. She didn’t even notice me following her. She’s engrossed by her thoughts. As I kept on following her, I found out that she’s going to her favorite place, the roof top. I smirked and continued to follow her.

As I got there, she’s placing her hands on her head touching her hair going to her nape. I went closer to her and put my hands on her waist as I hugged her from the back.

“You look like you’re in trouble or something,” I whispered to her ear.

“Ani…I’m just thinking about going back home too soon,” she turned around to look at me.

My hands were still on her waist as she turned around to face me. She put her hands on my chest like she wanted to push me.

“Wae?” I asked.

“To end everything,” she said and hugged me.

I hugged her back. It’s been a while since we haven’t done this hugging thing. I really missed her so much. As I looked into her eyes once more, I felt that there’s something she wanted to reveal. She looked at me and smiled.

“I have to pack,” she said as my hands slipped into her waist to let her go.

“You’re going home now?” I asked her.

“I have to. Everything’s gonna be fine. I’ll be back I promise,” she gave me a happy look and walked downstairs.

I knew that look. I trust her. She’s gonna come back and everything will go back to the way it was. I was having a second thought though. It’s like my heart was already trying to tell me that I shouldn’t let this moment passed away.

I started running to catch up to Beatrice. As I went down the stairs, I looked from my left going to my right to find her. I saw her walking across the corridor and ran again.

“Beatrice! Beatrice!” I called out while running.

She turned around and saw me.

“Wae?” she asked as I stopped running as I reached to where she was.

The EXO-K members and my hyungs went out of their rehearsal rooms since I called Beatrice’s name too loud.

“Wae?” she repeated.

I pulled her towards me and kissed her like I haven’t kissed her for five whole years. I closed my eyes as I kissed her. I felt my heart slowly gone back to its normal beat. As I opened my eyes and detached my lips to hers, I saw her expression and she was shocked.

I’ve never done that to her for the past five years. I smiled and touched her face. I feel like that I don’t want to let her go again but I have to.

“Promise me that you’ll come back,” I said with a hopeful expression.

“Yakseokhae,” she touched my face and she gave me a look to keep my hopes up.

She then turned around and walked off from me. She went to Baek Hee and knelt in front of her. I went towards them and looked Baek Hee. She’s a cute kid and I can say that she really liked Beatrice to be her sister-in-law.

“Unni has to go now. We’ll see each other soon,” she said in a low voice. “I promise.”

Baek Hee hugged her tight like it was the last one she could give to Beatrice. Baek Hee smiled and Beatrice stood up. Then she walked off going down.

“Yah…you made a great scene,” Kai said as he tapped my shoulder.

“Kissing Beatrice unni is a big thing already,” D.O. said.

“What did you tell her anyway?” Baek Hyun hyung asked.

“Something personal,” I said to him and went to our rehearsal room.

“Where is she going?” Minho hyung asked as I entered the rehearsal room.

“You’ll soon find out,” I told hyung.

“You sure like to keep secrets now eh,” Jonghyun hyung said.

I smirked and went back to rehearsals. I’ll see her; I’ll definitely see her again.

 

(BEATRICE'S/ERICH'S POINT OF VIEW)

I went out of the company’s building and head home. I packed my things as I reached the house and put them to the back of my car as I was finished packing. I next went to the airport and took my flight going home to our residence.

It took hours to land from where my country really was. I got out of the airport and head home to where I really lived. I used my car and drove it.

I parked my car and took my things with me as I got to the door. I pushed the doorbell and someone opened it for me.

I saw John and he was surprised to see me in front of the door.

“My lady, you’re home,” he said and the maids started to fall in line in front of me and greeted me.

“Welcome home, Lady Beatrice,” the maids said.

“Beatrice darling, you’re here?” I heard my mother’s voice and looked upstairs.

I could see that she’s happy to see me I guess. She went down stairs quickly and gave me a hug.

“Oh, I’m so glad you came back for us,” she smiled at me.

“I didn’t come back here because of you mother,” I told her as I cut the happy moments she was having right now.

The front door started to close and the maids went to their usual business even John, leaving me and mother alone in the living area.

I dropped my things on the floor and sat on the couch leaving my mother standing.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

As I got home together with my co-members, I took a rest on the couch.

“Dinner’s ready!” Key hyung shouted and my members went to the dining area.

As I looked around the house, I couldn’t find Beatrice so I went to my bedroom to find if she was there. It so happened that I didn’t find her so I went to the dining area to ask.

“Where’s Beatrice?” I asked.

“Isn’t she around the house?” Kai asked.

“Ani…I just looked around to find her but there’s no sign of her,” I said.

“Maybe she just went out or something,” Jonghyun hyung said.

“Or maybe she’s with Therese unni,” Key hyung cut in.

I ate my food. It’s so unusual when she’s not around. Baek Hee didn’t mind if she was not around even though she missed her so much. Taemin wasn’t even talking too but he’s the one who talked to Beatrice before maybe he knew something.

I heard the door opened and we all looked who it was. Apparently it was just Therese unni.

“Yeobeo, come eat with us,” Onew hyung invited her.

“Hey, have you seen Beatrice? She’s gone for hours,” Therese unni said panting.

“Isn't she with you?” Onew hyung asked.

“Ani…I never saw her since this morning, wae?” unni said.

I stood up from where I was sitting to check if her things were still in my drawer. I headed there as fast as I could. As I opened the drawers and my cabinet, the only things that I found were my belongings. As I went out of my bed room, I was terrified.

“Jonghyun, Key, call Sakura and Rhiyou. Ask them if they saw Beatrice,” Therese unni said.

“She’s gone,” I said in a low voice.

“What do you mean gone?” Therese unni asked looking worried.

“She ran away,” the last thing I thought.

“It can't be…where would she go?” unni asked as she put her hand on her head.

“Home,” Taemin spoke and we all turned to him.

 

(TAEMIN’S POINT OF VIEW)

“It can't be…where would she go?” unni asked as she put her hand on her head.

“Home,” I spoke and they all turned their heads to me.

“It can’t be…she can't go home yet,” Therese unni said as she got to panic.

She got everything and was about to go out of the house.

“It is her choice unni. She’s gonna come back,” I said to her calmly.

“Don’t be sure about that Taemin ah,” she came closer to me.

“She knows what she’s doing unni. She maybe impulsive and reckless sometimes but as I saw her face this afternoon, she’s gonna come back. We just need to trust her,” I told her.

“So you knew all along that she’s gonna leave?” Baek Hyun hyung went towards me and grabbed a part of my shirt as he lost his temper.

“I’m not the only who knew about it,” I told him with my cold tone of voice.

“What do you mean?” he asked still not letting go of my shirt.

I looked at Baek Hee who just continued eating her food. Baek Hyun hyung turned to her also.

“She also knew about it,” I said to him. “Beatrice gave her hope and also promised to come back for her.”

He let go of my shirt and went towards Baek Hee. As he knelt down, Baek Hee looked at her hyung.

“Baek Hee-ah, did you know this too?” Baek Hyun hyung asked.

“Know what hyung?” Baek Hee asked as she looked at Baek Hyun hyung.

“About Beatrice unni leaving the house?” he asked.

“Ne hyung. But she promised to come back as soon as possible,” Baek Hee looked at him in the eye and gave him a hopeful look.

“What do we do now unni?” Baek Hyun hyung asked.

“Let’s give her a chance. Let’s trust her,” I said to unni.

“Taemin’s right. We should give her a chance and trust her. I believe in my sister. She can do this. All we need to do is just wait for her to come back,” Therese unni sighed and sat down on a chair near the front door.