A Story I Never Expected

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

Shizz… he really scared me to death! That was so close… I touched my heart and took a deep breath and let it out. Luckily, I was saved by Baek Hyun and I was really thankful for it.

I pull out my phone and texted Baek Hyun. At least someone saved me from the revelation that was about to happen.

           

            To: Baek Hyun

            From: Erich

            Message: Thanks for saving me back there. That was really close. I owe you… :)

 

I went to the bathroom first and washed my face. As I looked into the mirror, Shaira came in and saw me.

“Look who’s here…” she said as she entered together with her two companions and came closer to me.

“Should we do something to her?” one of her companions asked.

“Definitely! Since no one is gonna save her from here,” the other said.

“Didn’t you quit from the act yet?” Shaira asked me.

“There’s no way you’re gonna make me,” I said with cold voice and turned around to face them.

“Are you sure about that?” she asked impatiently as she pulled my hair.

“I am so sure,” I chuckled.

“You little !” she lost her temper and beat me up as I lay on the floor. I felt hurt all over my body. I covered my face with my arms. They kept kicking me and they just stopped as the bell rang.

I stood up slowly in pain. I felt sore and saw that my arms were bleeding and some parts of my body. I washed them with water and it stung me.

“For sure they’ll never leave me alone unless I reveal everything,” I said to myself.

As I put on my glasses, I suddenly looked at the door and Rhiyou and Sakura came in. My eyes widened as they went to the cubicles, I went out quickly going to my last class.

Hhhooo… that was too close. As I appeared in the studio where my last class will be held, I saw my classmates and bowed my head as I went towards the stage.

I bowed my head as an apology to my professor.

“Since everyone is here already, our subject for the whole semester would be dance,” our professor said.

Some of my classmates complained about it. As I looked around to see all of my classmates, I suddenly slouched. You just gotta be kidding me! Taemin is there and so as Kai, Key and Baek Hyun. Why can't I get some peace from them?!

I suddenly turned my gaze as he looked at my way. This can't be happening! This can't be really happening! My ing life is so miserable!

“Our dance would be hip hop,” our professor continued to speak.

“That’s what I’m talking about,” Taemin said and high-fived Kai.

“Five of you will be picked for the musical. Two of you would be the leading thespians of the story. The other one that will be chosen would be the antagonist of the story and the other two would be the lead dancers, which make them five,” our professor explained.

“I think I’m gonna love this,” Key smirked.

“Let’s group you into five members. The idols should come together so nothing could go wrong. Since you’re four already, you just need one more member,” the professor said.

Baek Hyun suddenly raised his hand. Oh…I’m not gonna like this… please don’t pick me…please don’t pick me…

“Can Erich join our group?” Baek Hyun asked the professor.

“Mwo?!” Key muttered.

“I don’t think she has talent in dancing after all,” Kai insulted.

“She will definitely bring us down for sure,” Taemin glared at me.

“Fine, she’s all yours,” the professor decided.

As I walked slowly towards them, I felt everyone was glaring and already cursing me as I passed by. This is really bad! Why does he ever have to include me to the things I already hate doing?! I am really so dead! ing dead!

I stood at the back so I would be invisible to every one of them but Taemin and Kai gave way for me to be in front.

“Let’s see what you can do nerd girl,” Kai challenged me.

“Can you give some steps idols?” our professor asked the boys.

“Ne,” Taemin said and went in front of me. “You should come up to this nerd girl,” he smirked.

He moved his feet from left to right then turn around. The next thing he did was the moves from Lucifer.

“Can you keep up?” Baek Hyun asked me as he went beside me.

“You shouldn’t have picked me in the first place,” I whispered to him angrily.

“I know you’re gonna hate it so I did it,” he shrugged.

“Why are you doing this to me? Is this some kind of punishment?” I asked him.

“Yah! Stop the chit chat!” Taemin scolded me and looked at me. “Now do it!” pointing his finger on me.

“On one condition,” I asked controlling myself.

“Mwo?” he asked.

“You’re gonna leave me in peace,” I looked at him on the eye.

“Fine! But if you couldn’t make it?” he asked another option.

“You can do whatever you want to me,” I blurted out calmly.

“Mwo?! You can't do it,” Baek Hyun tried to stop me.

“What an interesting offer,” Kai said.

“That’s a deal,” Taemin agreed and so am I.

I have to do it since he wouldn’t leave me alone. Things will be ok if he will start leaving me alone. He gave way for me and turned to face him.

“What am I going to dance anyway?” I asked him happily.

“Lucifer,” he smirked.

“You’re gonna regret this,” I said as I looked from him going to Baek Hyun.

“Don’t be sure about that,” Taemin laughed.

“How about we do it face to face?” I challenged him even more.

“You’ll regret it,” he grinned.

“Don’t keep your hopes up,” I said to him.

We’re both in front facing one another. I looked up to him because he’s too tall.

“Stop the bet,” Baek Hyun pleaded.

I waved my finger on him and smiled. I turned my gaze on Taemin again. As the song started playing, he smiled at me and made his move. I also made my move on the intro.

“Her whisper is the Lucifer…” the song continued to play.

Taemin was shocked that I could keep up to him all of a sudden. He was surprised to see that I can do what he can do.

“She nailed it!” Key was also surprised.

“Is this her?” Kai said astounded.

I can see Baek Hyun smiling from my peripheral vision. Of course I nailed it. They didn’t even know that I could sing nor dance. I’m full of surprises. Taemin will never get the chance to know me better. After what he did to me…how could I forget? I almost gave him the best of me…so close…so close…

As the song ended, Taemin took a step backward from me. He was really shocked. Offering me something that he didn’t know that I can do, that’s what I call BEING JUDGMENTAL.

“I won the bet…it’s time for you to leave me alone,” I chuckled.

“It’s not yet done,” Kai interfered.

“Not yet done? But he lost the bet,” I said trying to be calm.

“I think that it would be unfair for her. She won the bet without cheating Kai. You should just accept that,” Key defended me.

“I can’t leave her alone umma…there’s something I want to find out from her,” Taemin blurted out in a cool manner.

“And what is that?” Baek Hyun asked him.

“To find out if I was wrong about this nerd girl being Beatrice,” he said to Baek Hyun persistent.

“But she isn’t Beatrice, Taemin,” Key said.

“I have to find it out one way or another,” he said and walked away from us.

“Just get a life would you!” I blurted out and everyone turned their faces on me.

“Mwo?” he turned around to me and came back. “Mworagoyo?” he asked again looking pissed.

“It’s nothing,” Baek Hyun covered for me. “She has nothing else to say.”

“Taemin and Erich, you’re in for the musical,” our professor said.

I have no doubts that I will get in to that musical. I have no worries about my part in that musical. The only thing I’m worried about is that these people (you know who) would know who really I am.

A young girl went in to our class and gave a piece of paper to our professor. He read it and folded the paper.

“Ms. Rheine, your music professor wants to see you on her office right now so you may leave,” our professor said.

I grabbed my bag and passed by them. Taemin held my arm, as I looked at him; his face was giving me a warning about trying to find out something about me. I shrugged him off and went out of the studio.

“Let’s continue,” I heard our professor’s voice.

I swore he’s never gonna leave me alone. He’s always like that when he lost a bet. He’s gonna bet and yet when he lost that bet, he won't do the real deal. Maybe I should make another bet…but what kind of bet will I do? I just have to think of it. I gotta think of something that could make him give up from looking for me.

As I opened the faculty door, I saw my professor from my music class.

“Annyeong haseyo gyosu-nim,” I bowed as I saw my professor.

“Oh Ms. Rheine, please take a sit,” my professor said and went in front of me to sit too.

“Why did you call me gyosu-nim?” I asked her.

“You’ll be the lead actress of the play,” she said happily.

“Mwo?” I was shocked about what I’ve heard.

“Ne…it’s true, here’s the script. Scan it and memorize your lines,” she gave me the script and I opened it page by page.

“It’s a love story,” I said disappointedly and looked at her.

“Ne…that’s the story of two people who loved each other so much, but because of the guy’s mistake, he left the girl. She found another lover who didn’t betray her. But the guy she loved before came back for her realizing his mistakes. The girl still loved the guy she once loved before. But she also loved the other one who rescued her from suffering. Now, she needs to choose between those guys,” she explained the plot of the story. “Can you do it?”

While she was discussing the story, I was shocked since the story was related to my life five years ago. I’m getting worried about knowing who’ll be the male lead and who will be the antagonist of the story. What if Taemin became the man I loved in this story or Kai?

“Erich ah, gwenchanayo?” my professor asked me as she saw me trembling.

“M-mwo…” I stuttered.

“You look terrified, are you alright? Are you feeling well?” she kept asking.

“N-n-ne…” I gulped and smiled.

“Can you do it?” she asked the question again.

“Can I think about it first?” she nodded and I bowed my head then went out of the faculty room.