Ready Or Not?

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

(TAEMIN’S POINT OF VIEW)

My soft pink lips touched with hers. She quickly pushed me away and ran away from the gym. As I walked towards Kai and Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun hyung was horrified about what I just did to Erich.

“You kissed her! Why did you kiss her?” Kai asked terrified.

“Because I like her,” I said to him with a serious face.

“Mwo?” Baek Hyun hyung uttered and looked at me.

“Ne… I saw Beatrice in her personality and that makes me like her,” I said to him.

“Stop the jokes Taemin-ah. You kissed a girl that’s already been taken,” Baek Hyun hyung pointed out.

“Is she taken already?” I laughed. “By who?” I asked with wide eyes.

“By me… She’s my girlfriend and you just kissed her in front of me,” he looked at me with anger. “Ahh… you’re taking her away from me since you’ve lost Beatrice is that it?” he mocked.

“What are you trying to say hyung?” I asked with confusion.

“Don’t take someone for granted,” he said and ran out of the gym.

“Don’t take someone for granted,” the words that kept repeating in my head. I really didn’t mean to take everything for granted especially the one I had with Beatrice. Maybe I did take her for granted and left her alone after what happened to us. It was my fault.

Our two and half hour class has just ended and I saw Erich’s things on the bleachers. I picked it up and bring it to Baek Hyun hyung’s dorm.

“Yah where are you going?” Kai asked.

“I’ll catch up with you, I just have something to do,” I told them and walked out of the gym.

As I was walking at the garden, I saw Erich alone. Looks like Baek Hyun hyung hadn’t found her yet. I went towards her and suddenly stopped as I saw her crying. I hid around the bush. I saw her looking problematic.

 

(BEATRICE'S/ERICH'S POINT OF VIEW)

I’m at the garden sitting on the bench crying. I really didn’t know what to do. I’m stuck in the middle of a love triangle where my previous boyfriend kissed me all of a sudden in front of my current boyfriend that’s also my best friend. It’s confusing since I love both of them. I suddenly heard a sound from the bush and wiped my tears.

“Who’s there?” I asked without looking.

Then a man came out. As I looked up, it was Taemin carrying my things.

“I just saw you by chance and wanna drop these off for you,” he said as he put down my things beside the bench.

“Gomawo,” I said as he finished dropping them off and I took it.

As I took my things, he held my hand and my heart started to beat faster. I didn’t look at him and just closed my eyes. Please someone save me, please…

“Erich-ah,” I heard Baek Hyun’s voice and turned around.

But it wasn’t Baek Hyun’s face that I saw from that moment. It was Taemin who was facing me already. I heard foot steps running towards us. Then I saw Baek Hyun behind him.

“Baek Hyun-ah,” I started crying again.

I couldn’t stop crying since it hurt me so much inside. I know that looking at Baek Hyun’s face would make me feel better. Taemin moved backward to give way for Baek Hyun.

“Gwenchana? Are you hurt?” he asked me as he knelt down in front of me.

“Aniyo…” I said as I smiled and hugged him.

I buried my face on his shoulders as I cried harder and harder.

“It’s alright… everything gonna be fine… I’m here now,” Baek Hyun said as he slowly rubbed my back to comfort me.

Little by little, I felt that my surrounding were already blocking out.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

“It’s alright… everything gonna be fine… I’m here now,” I said as I slowly rubbed her back to comfort her.

Little by little, I felt that her head was getting heavier on my shoulders. Taemin was still there behind me, watching us.

“She’s not moving hyung,” Taemin said in a calm tone of voice.

“I know, that’s why I have to carry her to the dorm,” I told him as I placed Beatrice’s arms around my neck and carried her.

“I’ll help you,” Taemin offered his help.

“Are you sure about that?” I smirked and faced him.

He had the serious look on his face telling me that he really wanted to help me out. I sighed and closed my eyes for a while then opened it again.

“Fine, get her things and follow me,” I ordered him.

As we got to the dorm, my sister was still inside but I was petrified when I saw Therese unni.

“Unni, what are you doing here?” Taemin asked when I was about to ask the same question.

“Someone’s been watching you guys from here,” she told us and closed the door.

“Mwo?” we both uttered.

“Hyung, what’s going on?” Baek Hee asked me.

I laid down Beatrice on her bed before approaching my little sister.

“Everything’s gonna be fine Baek Hee. Hyung’s here. No need for you to be afraid,” I cheered her up as I touched her head.

I saw Therese unni trying to wake up Beatrice for a moment. Beatrice moved and slowly opened her eyes. Therese unni whispered something to her and got up from her bed.

She touched her face and tied her hair backwards. She next went to the bathroom and went out after a few minutes.

“What’s going on?” Taemin asked not trying to panic.

Beatrice looked at me and bit her lower lip. I’m guessing she didn’t want to reveal her identity yet. Therese unni came near to her again and murmured something again to her.

“Mwo?” she uttered and fell from her knees and sat on the floor like something bad had happened.

“That’s why I told them to pull you out in the Café,” Therese unni said.

“Where am I suppose to work?” Beatrice asked calmly.

“I’ll give you money,” Therese unni said and Beatrice just laughed.

“No…I’m going to find another job,” Beatrice insisted.

“Let’s talk to the rooftop,” Therese unni said and both of them went out of the dorm.

“What’s going on hyung?” Taemin asked.

“It would be good if Therese unni will explain to you everything later,” I told him.

 

(BEATRICE'S/ERICH'S POINT OF VIEW)

I moved and slowly opened my eyes. I saw Therese unni beside me already and I was lying on my bed. As I looked around, I saw Baek Hyun with her sister, Baek Hee and Taemin on the other side.

“Taemin’s here. You gotta tell him now,” unni whispered to my ear and I got up from my bed.

I touched my face and tied my hair backwards then went in and out of the bathroom after a few minutes.

“What’s going on?” Taemin asked as I looked at him.

I looked at Baek Hyun and bit my lower lip. Apparently, I don’t want to reveal everything yet but I must do it anyway. Therese unni came closer to me again.

“Mother’s agent is in the Café where you’re working,” she murmured to my ear.

“Mwo?” I uttered and fell from my knees and sat on the floor like it left me no choice but to reveal everything.

“That’s why I told them to pull you out from the Café,” Therese unni said.

“Where am I suppose to work?” I asked calmly.

“I’ll give you money,” Therese unni said and I just laughed.

“No…I’m going to find another job,” I insisted.

“Let’s talk to the rooftop,” unni said and I followed her outside.

As we reached to the rooftop, she put her both hands on top of her head.

“Are you freaking crazy?! Do you think getting another job would be good since mother has been hunting you?! Are you out of your mind?!” she scolded me.

“What am I suppose to do, huh? Take all your credit cards and spend the money! And then what, get traced by it so mom would know where really I am right now?! Are you even thinking clearly?” I shouted at her.

I face palmed myself and put my hands on my waist then looked at my sister again.

“Like I said, I’m not afraid of mom. What I’m afraid of is she’ll take everything from me just to have me and I can't allow that,” I said calmly.

“I know that. But mom can't touch me anymore from the moment I left the house,” unni told me.

“But she can if they use Onew hyung against you. Or worst, me,” I looked at her.

“That would be a bother,” she sighed.

“I know how mom moves her pieces more than you do. I can take care of myself. The only thing you need to take care of right now is all of our friends especially Baek Hee,” I told her.

“You have to listen to Taemin. There’s something you should know about what really happened five years ago with him. Things would go smoothly and clearly for you if you grab it as an opportunity,” she looked at me.

In her eyes, I saw the hope that I was looking for. She really wanted me to give him a chance to explain. Both of us have to listen to each other. I’ll let him explain but in exchange, I have to reveal my identity now.

“Fine,” I sighed. “Tell him to go here to the roof top.”

She quickly pulled out her phone and started typing to give him the message.

“I’ll leave you two alone,” she touched my shoulder and went downstairs to go to the dorm.

Few minutes later, as I turned around, Taemin was already looking at me.