Almost Caught

Everything Happens For A Reason

I woke up at eight in the morning. I prepared some breakfast so Baek Hyun would eat before leaving. After fifteen minutes of cooking and preparing, I placed the food on the table and took a bath. When I got out of the shower room, I wore my nerdy clothes again so everyone wouldn’t recognize that I am Beatrice McGowell.

I woke up Baek Hyun as I finished preparing myself.

“Yah…ireona Baek Hyun,” I said as I shook his body.

“Hhhmmm… what time is it?” he asked as he turned around from me.

“Its nine thirty in the morning. If you don’t wake up, you’ll gonna be late for school,” I warned him.

“Mwo?” he looked at me.

He quickly stood up and took a bath then ate his breakfast. I waited for him since it’s too early. As he stood in front of me, I also stood up and handed him the duplicated key.

“What’s this for?” he asked.

“So you’ll get in here when I’m gone, babo…” I said to him and smiled.

We went out of the dorm together and I was the one who locked it.

“I’ll be home late. Just reheat some food from the refrigerator arasso?” I reminded him.

“You’ll be working at the Café right?” he asked me.

“Ne…I’ll be home by twelve so I’ll have much time to rest since I have no class tomorrow,” I said.

“Ara…kaja…” he offered his hand.

I shook my head and stepped backward from him.

“Wae?” he asked.

“Nobody knows me remember? No one knows that I’m Beatrice. That’s why I can't be with you once we’re out of this dorm,” I explained to him.

“Ahhh… I forgot that…mianhae,” he apologized.

“It’s alright… I’ll just take another route so no one would suspect you, arajji?” I said and he agreed with me.

“Take care,” he said and I nodded.

 

I got to school before ten in the morning. I went to my first class and saw Baek Hyun at the music room where my class would be. As I looked around, I saw Taemin, Minho and Kai… not again, I slouched my back. As I looked around further, I saw D.O and Jonghyun.

“Yah… it’s the nerd girl again,” Kai picked on me.

I guess I’m being bullied again. This little rascal! Well I have no choice but to go with it since he doesn’t know who I am.

“Why were you running yesterday from the Café?” Taemin looked at me closely and moved forward.

My face was so close to his. I looked away so he wouldn’t recognize me.

“Tha-that’s none of your business,” I said and went to my seat.

Minho was beside me and he was looking at me. As he caught me looking at him, I looked away. Baek Hyun went to the other side of my seat.

“Erich-ah, can we rehearse the script for the act on Monday?” he asked.

“Ah…uhmm…” I answered so no one would notice.

“Nice act,” he whispered and moved away.

The bell rang and our professor came in. everyone in the room was quiet. She looked strict and very cruel. She wore a pair of glasses, and a dress that would looked her professional.

“I’ll be your Music professor for the rest of the semester. Whoever fails in my class, will retake the whole year. If I like you, you’ll be part of the traditional musical in our school that will be held before the end of this semester,” she said.

Everyone started to talk and whisper to each other while the idols were quiet.  I listened to the teacher carefully. My seat was in the middle of the idols. On my left was Baek Hyun, on my right was Minho, on my back was Kai and in front of me was Taemin. At the back of Minho was D.O. and at the back of Baek Hyun was Jonghyun.

I have no escape. Sooner or later, I’ll be dead and they’ll know who I am behind this so called nerd girl. I face palmed myself as the thoughts ran through my mind.

Our professor saw me and now I’m deader. I feel like I want to end my life already. T.T

“You there, what’s your name?” our professor asked.

“Nerd girl,” Taemin interfered and the class laughed by his joke.

“I’m not asking you Lee Taemin,” the professor shot some dagger eyes on him.

“What’s your name?” she asked nicely.

“I am Erich Rheine ma’am,” I said as I stood up.

“Why not sing for us a song?” she asked.

I was shocked to hear it. Gosh! I never sang in front of these people. Even to the idols or even to Rhiyou and Sakura. The only one who knew that I’m singing was Baek Hyun. I am so dead!

As I walked towards the front, I heard all of them whispering about me.

“As if she could sing…” Kai said bitterly.

“If she sings, I’ll definitely cover my ears,” Taemin mocked.

“Then start covering your ears right now. My voice is really bad,” I joshed and coughed.

“What are you going to sing?” our professor asked.

“Together,” I looked at Baek Hyun and smiled.

I sat in front of the piano and started the intro of the song… Jonghyun and Minho were paying too much attention to me. D.O. was surprised to see me play the piano while Baek Hyun smiled.

Kai and Taemin were surprised as I started singing. I sang the song with feelings while playing the piano.

(Together in Dream High 2 is the song I put here. It has a good meaning and it's all about sticking together... you can listen to it if you have time...so here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoft8OMmFew)

I kept on looking at Baek Hyun while smiling. As I finished singing the song, they all clapped and I bowed.

“The nerd girl has a beautiful voice?!” Kai was displeased by what he had heard.

“A lovely voice to correct you,” Baek Hyun said while laughing.

“Can you sing one more song for us? One more request,” our teacher pleaded.

“Arasso, but can I sing something I like?” I asked our professor thinking that she would agree.

“Ara… if you make it perfect, then you’ll be on the musical,” she offered me.

“Jinjja?” I was shock to hear it.

“Ne… what are you going to sing?” she asked me.

“Wishing On A Star by Wonder Girls,” I said.

While I was saying the song’s name, I was looking at Baek Hyun as I raised both of my eye brows. He knew what I’m going to do next. Then I looked at Taemin if he still remembered it.

“Oh my gosh… this would be a bomb,” Baek Hyun slowly slide down on his seat while laughing.

“What do you mean by a bomb, hyung?” D.O. asked.

“Just listen to the song and you’ll find it out,” he couldn’t stop laughing. “I bet it’s for Taemin and Kai.”

“Don’t joke around hyung,” Kai was pissed off.

“What, you under-estimated her right?” he kept laughing.

I took off my glasses so I could play the piano for real.

“Aigoo…this is bad,” Baek Hyun noticed.

(Wishing On A Star by Wonder Girls...this is also a good song and it can touch someone's heart...here's the link if you want to listen to it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3sH54q8QGE)

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

She took off her glasses and sat in front of the piano. She was smiling.

“Aigoo…this is bad,” I noticed.

“What do you mean by “this is bad”?” Minho hyung asked.

“Just look at her while singing,” I said to them before I burst myself on laughing.

I knew what she was about to do the moment she took off her glasses. She’s gonna do it for real. Taemin was so dead and so as Kai.

She started playing the piano and I felt the music in her soul. She gave her feelings through singing and I know that the moment she showed me she could sing.

“She can sing…” Kai lost his words.

“…high notes…” D.O continued what Kai was saying.

“She looked like…” Jonghyun was shocked.

“…like Beatrice…” Minho was surprised.

Taemin stared at her seriously and I think he was surprised too.

“I-it…can't be…” Taemin was astounded.

She really did great in making them surprised and pissed. She’s really unpredictable. She even used hand gestures. Taemin couldn’t even take a look anymore because for sure he was shot by the lyrics of this song.

As she finished the song, she bowed her head one last time.

 

(TAEMIN’S POINT OF VIEW)

She played the piano for the last time. My heart pounded when I heard the intro of the song. This was…this was…it really can't be…

I felt a pang in my chest. As she started singing, I suddenly looked at her and saw Beatrice from this nerd girl. This song was the song that she used to let me hear five years ago. Her facial expressions were changing every time she sang every sentence of the lyrics.

She had this fierce looking like Beatrice. Could it be that she’s Beatrice? But it can't be…it really can't be… she will never wear those kinds of clothes for sure.

As she was finished singing, the bell suddenly rang. It was too early for the bell to ring but the students went out already of the classroom. I didn’t leave and so as the rest of the idols from that room. She stood up from the piano and went towards us.

She picked her bag and slung it to her shoulder.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re here?” I asked the nerd girl.

“Mwo?” she looked at me with her big glasses on.

“Don’t play dumb Beatrice. Why didn’t you inform me that you left home five years ago?” I asked her losing my patience.

“I don’t know what you’re saying,” she said and turned around from me.

I held her wrist tight so she couldn’t go anywhere.

“Taemin-ah, that’s enough,” Minho hyung tried to stop me.

“She’s not Beatrice you know,” Baek Hyun hyung said.

“I know my own girlfriend,” I insisted.

“Her eyes isn’t silver Taemin and her hair should be straight not wavy. She will never wear those kinds of clothes too. She wouldn’t look ordinary too and plain. So tell me is that Beatrice that you are holding right now?” Baek Hyun hyung investigated.

It’s true that her eyes aren’t silver. She should look fierce and strong. She was always neat and clean. She will never tie her hair loosely and looked like a nerd. Maybe he’s right. I must be carried away by the song she just sang.

“And one more thing,” he raised his finger. “She does play the piano but never sing and dance…” he laughed.

I removed my hand on her wrist and looked at her. She was pissed off by what I did. She walked out of the room.

“Even though she became your girlfriend, I know her more, more than you do. It’s a shame not to know your own girlfriend’s attitude, personality, her likes and dislikes and her favorites. In that way, you would know her more,” he mocked me.

“You don’t know her either so don’t tell me those things hyung,” I said trying to be cool again.

“I’ve known her more than you do. Before you came along in her life, I already know her,” Baek Hyun said shooting fierce eyes on me and walked away from the room.

He already knew Beatrice before I came to her life? He knew her better than I am? But I was his boyfriend. I should know her better than anyone else. But how could I really know the true her if I walked away from her.