Danger Is Coming

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

“Yah, where have you been? Why didn’t you go back to class?” Baek Hyun’s voice suddenly popped up of nowhere.

As I turned around while I was lying on the bed, I found him sitting on his bed looking at me. I just put the pillow on my nape and pretended that I didn’t hear him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I have to go to work,” I stood up from my bed and avoided his questions.

I was really worried. What if it turned that way? What if Taemin became my love on that musical? Who’ll be the one that will rescue me from sadness and agony?

Aaaahhhh!!!! I have to move that thought away from my head! That will never gonna happen. It will never will.

I walked away from Baek Hyun and slammed the door.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

She walked away like she didn’t notice me and slammed the door.

“What the…” I muttered.

Does she have a problem? She didn’t even go to class after she was called by our music professor. I should ask her.

I got my jacket and went to the Café where Beatrice was working. I still didn’t have any idea how could she survive in this kind of life she’s having right now. I mean, she came from the wealthiest family that all of the things she wanted would be given. And then she ran away from it! But why? She had a better life before than right now.

Maybe, she didn’t run away because of Taemin. But to whom did she run away from?

 

(THERESE'S POINT OF VIEW)

It was seven in the evening as I got back home. When I was about to put down my luggage, I accidentally dropped it as I saw our parents in the living room. My mother looked at me while my father was still worried.

“What are you doing here mother?” I asked impolitely.

“Is that a way you greet your mother after coming back from Seoul?” my mother said as she stood up from the couch.

“Father what is this?” I asked my father nervously.

“We’ve come home to look for Beatrice dear,” he said looking really worried.

“Have you found her?” mother asked as she looked at me straight in my eyes.

I don’t know yet why Beatrice ran away from home. Is it really because of Taemin or because of them? Taemin is a good young man. For sure he wouldn’t really push Beatrice to do such thing but how could he?

“Why did she run away anyway?” I gave my mother a question. “Is it because of Taemin?”

“I don’t know darling. But we have to find her as soon as possible,” my mother gave me a different answer.

“You’re not answering my question,” I said to her.

There’s something they’re not telling me about Beatrice.

“You’re not answering mine either,” she mocked me.

“Answer my question first then I’ll answer yours,” I declared.

“Fine, repeat your question then,” my mother uttered.

“Why did Beatrice ran away?” I questioned her.

“It’s not because of Taemin dear, it’s because of us,” she finally said it.

“But why?” I asked looking worried.

Right now I’m terrified about what my mother had said. Those words she uttered, does Beatrice want to disobey them like what I did? I think I have to take action. I want to know the truth from her. It’s the only way to fix this.

“Because I’ve already arranged a marriage between her and Taemin before they met,” my mother stated.

“Mwo?! Are you doing this again because of money?” I guessed.

“Maybe and also popularity. We want her to have a better future. I know what’s best for her,” she chuckled. “Mother always knows what’s best for her children.”

“You couldn’t do it to me so you did it to Beatrice?” I cried.

 I suddenly remembered what they did to me.

“Yes! You’re a disgrace to this family unlike your sister; she’s so loyal and so obedient. Beatrice loves us so much. She couldn’t even try to hurt her own parents just for the sake of her own happiness,” she smirked.

“You’re only thinking about yourself mother. Your OWN happiness,” I exclaimed.

“I’m doing this for her future and for her happiness too,” she said as if I was hurting her feelings.

“Are you also the one who set them up?” I accidentally blurted out.

“Set them up from what?” she asked looking confused.

“Set them up in a hotel and DO what they shouldn’t do,” I opened the matter.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about darling,” she just laughed it out.

I suspected her from making the set up between them for sure. I know my mother. She would do anything for money and popularity. She’s lucky to have two daughters. But we’re unlucky because of what she was doing.

“Now tell me, have you found her?” she interrupted my thoughts.

“No. I went to a university that they say Beatrice is attending but she’s not there. Maybe she found out that I was coming so she dropped off immediately,” I lied.

I don’t want them to find Beatrice. If they found out where she is, she has no escape from our mother. I can see father’s expression and I can figure out that he’s disagreeing to this. But why didn’t he oppose mother’s decision? What’s even wrong with it?

“Dad, can I talk to you for a moment,” I asked while looking at mother.

“Sure dear,” he stood up from where he was sitting.

I walked going to his office room and I knew he would follow me since he couldn’t get pass through my study room and so as to Beatrice’s.

“What do you want to talk about?” he asked as he closed the door.

I came near him and searched his clothes and body.

“What are you doing dear?” he asked and I put my finger on my lips and giving him a “sshhh” look. He quickly understood it and he didn’t stop me from searching his clothes and body.

I found it. The bug where mother could hear every conversation that people would be having with my father. I looked at it closely and spoke on to it.

“Nice try mother,” I whispered.

I know she could hear me with this bug. I held it with both hands and broke it. I searched for my father’s phone next thinking that one of his calls would be open and hear whatever I will say. I’m a clever girl.

Haha…I found his phone and mom’s name was on it.

“Seriously…” I laughed off from father.

“You’re mother is really something,” he mumbled.

I turned off his phone and held it for a while.

“Damn it Therese!” my mother shouted.

“Nice try mom,” I also shouted.

“So what do you want dear?” my father asked.

“Why didn’t you oppose to mother’s will?” I asked him seriously.

“I love your mother so much that I don’t want to lose her…”

“But don’t you think that because of her you’re losing your daughters?” by chance, I raised my voice.

“I know but…”

“Dad, you gotta stop her… Beatrice is not in a good condition and she’ll be terrified and frightened if this thing continues,” I divulged off.

“What am I suppose to do? I want to oppose and protect both of you but you’re mother…”

“Don’t make any excuses!” I shouted. “If you can't do it, then I’ll have to protect her myself. Mom can never touch me anymore, but if she finds Beatrice, she’ll be in great danger and I know it,” I said to him.

“Let me help you,” he requested.

“How would you help us? If mom will know every move you’re making?” I said before leaving the room.

I know that dad wanted to help but mom was clutching his neck too much. She could do anything to dad and Beatrice but not to me. She couldn’t handle me very well. She knew that I would oppose her too much in everything she will do wrong. I know mother too well and so as dad too but I didn’t know Beatrice since I ran off from home.

I left the room since dad didn’t have anything to say anymore. I took my luggage again and left home once again. As I got to my car, I picked up my phone and called Baek Hyun immediately.

“Yeobeosaeyo,” he answered as he picked it up.

“Baek Hyun-ah, you gotta help me,” I said panting.

“Waeyo unni? Is there something wrong?” he asked immediately.

“Don’t leave Beatrice’s side arasso,” I said trying to be calm.

“Waeyo unni? Did something happen?” he questioned.

“Promise me, you won't leave her. You have to promise me,” I said panicking.

“Ara unni but wae?” he kept asking.

“Someone’s gonna take her soon,” I gave him a hint.

“Nugu unni? Nugu?” he asked as he raised his tone.

“When I come back, I’ll explain everything to you,” I said and ended the call.

I drove my car as fast as I could. I looked at my front mirror and saw few cars following me.

“I knew this would happen,” I giggled.

I picked my phone again and called my mother.

“Hello,” she picked it up.

“How are you doing mother?” I mocked her. “Do you really think that your body guards can handle me?” I laughed off.

“Don’t be sure about that dear. You won't get away with me,” she laughed.

“Are you sure about that mother? After leaving you and dad for the past eight years, do you really think you still know your own daughter who abandoned you?” I chuckled.

“What do you mean by that?” she got serious on her tone.

“Sorry mother, I’ve handled your body guards for the past eight years. Nobody can get me back to you,” I uttered the words that would surely scare her.

I turned off my phone and drove my car as fast as I could. Apparently I replaced my car already so mother couldn’t trace it.

At least Beatrice’s car couldn’t be traced too because she bought it on her own. Mother was so unlucky. As I got to the airport, I took out my luggage from the back seat of my car and mother’s body guards also got out of the car from that moment. I dropped my luggage and they ran towards me to capture me. It was a wrong move for them.

I just defended myself. At least I learned kung fu when I was in China for a year. After a year, mother’s agents started to look for me. Thanks to that experience; I learned how to defend myself.

It didn’t take me fifteen minutes to beat them. They were all down in a few minutes. Sorry mother, you pushed it really hard, thinking that you know me better. But you’re so wrong about it.

I picked up my luggage and went to the plane that will take me to Seoul, Korea.