The Idea That Came Up

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

“What are you doing here?” I mumbled as I came near Baek Hyun’s table.

“Ah…guarding you?” he said and looked away.

“From what?” I asked as I tapped his table.

“Look, unni talked to me,” he whispered to me.

“Mwo?” I murmured.

“She told me something,” he keep looking around thinking that there would be someone listening to our conversation.

“What is it?” I asked him softly.

“I’ll tell you later, someone’s coming,” he said and moved his hand saying to me that I should go away already.

I entertained the other customers as I moved away from him.

“Yah hyung! What are you doing here?” I heard a young man’s voice and turned around.

Dammit! Why did they need to come here all the time? I really won't get my peace… L

I gave the other customers’ order. I went to their table and asked for their orders.

“Are you a stalker or something?” Kai asked.

“For your information I AM WORKING HERE!” I stated.

Kai made an expression like he was pissed off and humiliated. My phone suddenly rang and saw my sister’s name on it. My eyes widened and went somewhere where no one could here me talking to her then I answered it.

“What is it unni?” I asked as I answered it.

“Turn off every tracker on your phone,” she said.

From the tone of her voice, I could feel that something will gonna happen.

“What for?” I asked.

“Just do it! Tell it to Baek Hyun too,” she’s kind of panicking.

“Arasso,” I said.

“Do it quickly, I’ll talk to you again later,” she said and hung up.

I went to Baek Hyun and quickly handed my phone to him.

“What is this for?” he asked me.

“Handing you the girl’s phone of course,” D.O. jumped in.

“Turn off the tracker of that phone for me. Yours too,” I commanded him.

“What for?” he asked.

“You know who said so,” I gave him the look.

“Heh?” he didn’t get it.

“You told me that she talked to you right?” he nodded. “She told me to turn off the tracker of that phone and yours too. So do it!” I ordered him.

“Looks like…”

“Just do it!” I said to break off his thoughts.

“Ara,” he said and did what I told him.

I went from table to table and asked for their orders.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

I did what she told me to do. I turned off every tracker from her phone and from my phone also. What’s really going on? I have no idea at all. No matter how I think of it deeply, I really have no idea. I didn’t think that Beatrice had an idea too. But Therese unni said that’s there’s something that’s gonna come for her and take her.

“What is she to you anyway?” Chan Yeol asked.

“She’s just a friend or someone you knew?” Su Ho hyung asked.

“Hyung!” I blurted out.

“Just asking,” Su Ho hyung said.

“Who the hell is she in your life hyung?” Kai asked impatiently.

“Watch your words Kai if you don’t want to be beaten up in no time,” I warned him.

“Oohh… I think someone’s in love here,” Se Hun teased.

“No… I’m not in love,” not at all actually.

She’s just really a friend…that I liked… I’ve waited for her for five more hours before I go home. My members went home already. I can see so many customers from where I was sitting. There are too many customers that were coming also.

But the one that caught my eyes were the SHINee members. They saw me looking at them especially Taemin. My phone suddenly vibrated and I had a message coming from Therese unni.

           

            To: Baek Hyun

            From: Therese unni

            Message: If you see the SHINee members, Rhiyou and Sakura, tell them to turn off their trackers on their phones. I’ll explain later. It’s very important that they do so.

 

“Well look who’s…”

I cut Jonghyun hyung as I showed him Therese unni’s message. They all read the message silently. Minho hyung quickly pulled out his phone and did what it said on the message.

“What for?” Key asked as he did what’s in the message.

“She said she’ll explain it later, so let’s just do it,” Onew hyung said.

“Something’s up and I can feel it,” Minho hyung said.

It was already eleven in the evening when Beatrice came out of nowhere.

“Let’s go now,” she said to me as she held my wrist.

“I have to go, bye,” I said quickly as I was being dragged in a sudden.

Taemin held my other wrist and Beatrice almost falter.

“What the…” she grumbled and looked who dragged my other wrist.

“What’s your business with her?” Taemin asked looking fiercely on me.

“It’s none of your concern,” I said fast.

“What the…” Minho hyung groused.

Beatrice looked at him and turned to me.

“Why are you so in a hurry?” Taemin asked then turned to the front door of the Café.

I also got the attention of looking there and my eyes widened as I saw Therese unni. What the…I thought she couldn’t visit anymore? Something’s really going on here.

“Baek Hyun, have you told them to do what I asked for?” Therese unni was panting.

“N-ne…” I stammered.

“Let’s go,” she said as she dragged Beatrice.

“What are you going to explain?” she suddenly stopped as Minho hyung spoke.

 

(THERESE'S POINT OF VIEW)

“What are you going to explain?” I suddenly stopped as I heard Minho spoke.

I turned around and sat for a while.

“Come with me, we can't talk it here,” I said as I secured the area.

Onew, Minho, Key and Jonghyun were in Beatrice’s car while Taemin, Beatrice, Baek Hyun and I were in my car.

“What’s really going on unni?”Baek Hyun asked.

Beatrice was seated at the back with Taemin while Baek Hyun was beside me and I was the one driving. I can see the tension between them. They were so quiet and silent.

“Text Minho and tell him to drive as fast as he could,” I commanded Baek Hyun immediately. “Taemin, call Sakura and Rhiyou, tell them to go to THE house right now.”

They both obeyed my order. Now, all I have to do is get in there. I started the engine and drove as fast as I could. Beatrice was just looking at the window while her hand on her chin.

“Erich, lie your head on Taemin’s lap,” they both looked at me in shocked like they both didn’t want to do it.

“Mwo?” they said at the same time.

“Just do it!” I said looking seriously.

Beatrice had no choice but to obey me this time. If she won't do what I tell her, our mother will find her for sure.

After fifteen minutes of driving, I went out of the car first to check the area if it’s safe or not.

“You can come out now,” I said to them and went out of the car quickly.

I saw Rhiyou and Sakura looking worried all of a sudden and so as the rest of the EXO–K members.

“Turn your trackers off now in your phones,” I told them and they followed me.

“What for unni?” Rhiyou asked as they were done turning off their trackers.

“Is everyone here?” I asked all of them.

“Ne…” they all answered.

“What’s really going on unni?” Sakura asked in a tone.

“Baek Hyun, Erich and Taemin, leave the room,” I instruct them.

“But we should…”

“No buts this time…just do what I tell you, trust me!” I cut Taemin from complaining.

They went out of the room and went somewhere else.

“What’s going on Yeobeo?” Onew asked.

“Beatrice is in danger,” I revealed.

“Mwo?” they all uttered.

“How?” Minho asked the first question.

“It doesn’t matter how. All we have to do is protect her,” I said.

“From who?” Su Ho asked.

“From my parents…especially from my mother,” I said in a sad tone of voice.

“You’re mother?” Chan Yeol said.

“But how are we going to do that?” Key asked.

“Beatrice isn’t in St. Michael’s University,” Jonghyun continued.

“She’s there,” I said in a calm tone.

“Mwo?!” they all said in a shocked tone.

“It doesn’t matter who is she there. You may not know but she’s always there with you. You just can't see her. But she sees you. She knows you’ve come and looked for her. That’s why she hasn’t revealed who she really is in front of you because she’s not ready yet. When the time comes, she’ll come for you and tell everything. Trust me,” I said.

“Ara unni…we’ll do our best to protect her,” Kai said.

“Gomawo,” I said looking happy and relieved.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

We went to my room so Beatrice could relax. Taemin was with us. Beatrice was actually sitting between the two of us.

“What’s really happening?” she asked me.

“We’ll find it out soon. You’re gonna be fine I promise,” I said to her as I touched her head and put it slowly to my shoulder.

Therese unni came for us as she saw Beatrice’s head lying on my shoulder.

“Let’s leave,” she spoke softly. “Taemin you’re coming with us.”

“Mwo?” he said as if he’s complaining.

“Please stop complaining? I’m tired. I just want to take a rest and get everything done in time,” she pleaded.

Taemin came with us. Beatrice and Taemin were in the back seat while I was in the front seat with Therese unni.

“She’s gonna pass out anytime unni,” I reminded Therese unni.

She looked on the front mirror and saw Beatrice looking tired and getting pale.

“Taemin, put her head on your shoulder,” Therese unni commanded.

Taemin didn’t complain and just do what she told him to do so.

“Baek Hyun, get her car and bring it home. Drive it as fast as you could. Now go,” she said to me looking crucial.

She drove the car after I got out from there. I quickly went to Beatrice’s car and started the engine and drove it. After fifteen minutes of driving, I parked it to the garage and went upstairs. I saw Therese unni standing in front of our beds. Beatrice was already lying on her bed while Taemin was sitting on my bed.

“Take a sit,” she requested. “I want you two to cooperate with me very well. Especially you Taemin,” she pointed her finger on him.

“What do you want me to do unni?” he asked.

“I’m giving this difficult task to both of you,” she said.

“What kind of task?” I asked.

“Protecting and guarding Beatrice all the time,” she finally said it.

“Ara,” I said. “You can trust me unni,” I smiled at her and she smiled back to me.

“I’m willing to do it but I have to talk to her first,” Taemin said sincerely.

I could see it on his eyes that he really wanted to talk to Beatrice.

“Should we tell him?” I asked.

“Not yet…we can't without her permission,” Therese unni said.

She grabbed her phone and dialed something on her phone. Beatrice suddenly got up as her phone rang. Beatrice went to the bathroom. Therese unni’s phone rang and as she answered it she put it into a loud speak.

“What do you want this time unni?” Beatrice asked.

“Can Taemin see you tomorrow?” she asked.

“Wae? What for?” Beatrice asked.

“He wanted to talk to you,” she replied.

“Talk about what?” Beatrice asked.

“It’s important I guess?” she really guessed.

“Fine! Friday at eight fifteen in this dorm. Go with him unni,” Beatrice decided.

“Ara. Good night,” unni said and hung up the call.

Beatrice went out of the bathroom and went to her bed to take the rest.

“It’s settled then,” she said to Taemin.

“Why did you want to talk here?” Taemin asked.

“Because this is his dorm and it is safe here,” unni answered. “So tell me, did you really force her to do it?” she opened the topic and spoke softly.

“The command didn’t come from me unni,” he finally spoke up and confessed.

“I knew it!” she said with distress. “Then why didn’t you oppose?” she looked worried.

“Because she said something to me,” Taemin was sobbing already.

“What is it Taemin-ah?” she knelt down and touched his shoulders.

He just whispered them to Therese unni. Looks like really sensitive and better not to know at all. I saw Therese unni’s expression and she was horrified about what she knew. She put her face on her knees and started to cry.

“Mianhae unni,” Taemin apologized.

“Protect her from our parents. Don’t let her be taken away from both of you. She’s my last hope. She needs to survive this,” Therese unni told us. “Do everything you can to protect her. If they took her away, she’ll never get the chance to escape again.” she said and wiped her tears away.

 

(THERESE'S POINT OF VIEW)

I was shocked and terrified about what I’ve heard. She’ll never change. Mother will never change. I got up from where I am seated and went towards Beatrice. I sat on her bed and touched his head moving away her hair strands.

I started crying and just hugged her. I kissed her forehead before leaving.