Things To Know

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

It was already morning. I cried myself to sleep last night. Memories came flushing before me. It was sad but my eyes were already dry.

No classes today. I went to the bathroom and took a bath. I wore my simple shirt and skinny jeans. I tied my hair and wore my glasses together with my headband.  I went to the Café and worked. I welcomed the customers and served them.

“Welcome to the Café Latte Shop sir. May I take your order?” I went towards one of the customers and I my eyes widened. Darn it!

“Omo… you’re Erich right?” the costumer said. “I didn’t know that you’re working here.”

“Ne…annyeong haseyo Baek Hyun-ssi,” I greeted and bowed my head. “So what’s your order?”

“I’ll have a black coffee and a Korean barbeque with rice,” Baek Hyun ordered.

“Please wait for a little while. I’ll bring your order in a minute,” I said and turned my back.

“After you bring my meal, could you keep me busy for a while since I’m alone?” he asked nicely.

“Sure,” I turned around to him and smiled.

After a minute, I brought his ordered meal.

“Here’s your black coffee, rice and Korean barbeque,” I said as I placed his meal in front of him.

“Gomawo,” he said and ate his meal.

“So what do you want?” I asked him calmly.

“Let’s talk about the act that we’re going to do on the stage theatre,” he said as he put his food in his mouth.

“What about it?” I asked while looking at the window.

“Can you manage to be the one?” he asked all of a sudden and my eyes widened in front of him.

He smiled at me and I was still shocked by his offered position on the act.

“You’re kidding me right?” I asked horrified.

“No I’m not,” he laughed at me.

“Fine I’ll do it,” I sighed.

“Is it ok to you since you’re gonna…?”

“I know, wear skirts and something y,” I cut him off.

“Have you worn those kinds of things?” he kept asking me.

“Well yeah… but that was way too long ago,” I said as I looked at the window again.

“Why aren’t you wearing some right now? I mean maybe it looks good on you,” he suggested.

“Maybe…” I said in a sad face.

“Baek Hyun hyung,” a voice from the door said.

“Looks like I have to go,” I said without looking at the person going towards us.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

She got up from my table and continued her work.

“Yah who’s that?” D.O. asked.

“She’s Erich from my class in theatre,” I said as I looked at her working.

“Hyung, she looks like a nerd,” D.O. said.

“Ara,” I said still looking at her.

Can she really do it? Wore something y and short? I just need to find that out on Monday. I finished my meal and the rest of the EXO–K members were at the Café already. Erich got closer to us and took their orders.

“What’s this? The nerd girl from yesterday actually works here at the Café? How amusing,” Kai leered.

“Just take your order Kai,” I said trying to defend her.

“Yah hyung, do you like this nerd? I mean look at her? She’s too plain and ordinary,” Kai insulted her.

“Just take your order, there’s a lot of customers waiting for her to take their order,” I said and tried to control my temper.

“Fine, just give me a heavy meal,” Kai said at last.

“Is that all?” Erich asked.

“Ne,” the rest of the members said except for Kai who was really pissed off by me.

I saw Erich mouthed “Gomawo” to me and I smiled.

“Tell me hyung; do you even like that nerd?” Kai kept on asking.

“Ani…she’s just a friend. Chinguya,” I said and smiled.

Well I can't deny that she has the looks and her eyes really captivated me. She only looked plain and ordinary because of the way she dressed herself.

After a minute, she gave the food they had ordered. She went table to table. I kept my eyes looking at her. I can feel that she’s an amazing girl and couldn’t hurt a single fly.

“Yah Erich-ssi,” I called out.

“Waeyo?” she asked as she went towards our table.

“Can I have your number?” I said and was about to continue what I was saying when D.O. and Kai looked at me.

“Hyung!” Kai raised his voice on me but I didn’t mind him.

“So I can call you or text you for our rehearsals,” I continued what I was saying when Kai felt ashamed.

“Ara,” she said and I gave her my phone.

She dialed her number and called it to save it to her cell phone. She gave me back my phone and got her phone out of her pocket. She even saved my number.

“Gomawo,” I said to her.

“No biggy,” she said and walked going to the counter.

I can’t take my eyes off her. She looks cute when serving customers. I heard the café bell rang. Why does she look bothered? I followed where she was looking and saw the SHINee members. I looked back at Erich. She suddenly went back to the counter. I wondered why.

“Yah!” Kai called out as he saw Taemin.

“What’s going on here?” Taemin asked as he came closer to us.

“We had lunch,” Kai said.

“How about you Taemin? What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Well, Therese unni wants to discuss something with us,” Minho hyung interfered.

“Oh… have you find Beatrice unni?” I asked again.

“Don’t call her unni you’re a month ahead of her,” Minho hyung answered.

“Mwo?!” I was shocked to hear it.

We’re on the same year? And I’m a month ahead of her? It can't be! She looks so young to be twenty. And she’ll be turning twenty one this year?! Same as I am!

“Didn’t you know that?” Key hyung asked.

“A-ani…” I said in shocked.

“You’ve been friends with her for years and yet you didn’t know?” Jonghyun hyung said as he passed by.

“Nobody told me. She didn’t even tell me that,” I said to them.

“That’s what makes her special…she likes to surprise the people she loved,” Minho hyung said.

Other customers came our way. They were girls. I looked at them and saw Rhiyou and Sakura but I don’t know the tall one that looked like Beatrice.

“Therese unni, annyeong haseyo,” the SHINee members greeted except for Onew hyung.

“Yeobeo take a seat,” Onew hyung said.

Why isn’t he greeting her? Yeobeo? Yeobeo! They’re a couple already? I didn’t know that too!