Regret

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

“Beatrice…” Baek Hyun said as he saw me.

He was surprised to see me. He looked at Therese unni. I looked at him going to Therese unni.

“Unni…” I exhaled. “What…is he doing here?” I asked as I tried to smile.

“Unni? Then you’re…” Baek Hyun said puzzled.

“Better let us in first before we talk. People might see you,” Therese unni reminded me.

I let them in and lead them to the dining area of my dorm. Baek Hyun and unni took a look in my dorm while they were waiting for the snacks that I have been making.

“So why are you here?” I asked breaking the silence.

“I just want to see you if you’re doing well,” Therese unni made an excuse.

“Don’t lie to me unni,” I said shooting dagger eyes on her.

“Ara…I’ve talked to Taemin,” she started.

“So?” I said.

“He wanted to see you,” she revealed.

“Mwo…” I stopped what I was doing.

“I know everything now,” Baek Hyun said in a low voice.

“Did he…” I said.

“Ani…I did it,” Therese unni interfered.

“I see…” I said trying not to be sad about it and continued what I was doing.

“Baek Hyun hit him on the face,” Therese unni continued the story.

I looked at Baek Hyun surprisingly. I didn’t know that he could do such a thing to Taemin. I know that they were also friends and he’s my friend too. But I just smiled.

“He deserves it,” I said and smiled.

Baek Hyun looked at me and I smiled.

“I thought you’re gonna be mad about it,” Baek Hyun chuckled.

“Ani…it doesn’t even matter to me now,” I said trying to be ok.

“Well it matters to us,” Therese unni joined our conversation.

“You’ve lost your dignity because of him,” Baek Hyun said as he got angry.

“I didn’t lose anything…it’s just a unni,” I said trying to be ok.

“ is not a JUST Beatrice. What he did to you is unforgivable,” Therese unni raised her voice.

“I know…but I have endured it for the past five years without him, haven’t I?” I said with dignity.

“Who are you in school anyway?” Baek Hyun changed the topic.

“You didn’t tell him who you are in St. Michael’s University? Un…be…lie…vable,” Therese unni got amused.

“Do you really wanna know?” I asked Baek Hyun with a worried face while I bit my lower lip.

“Ne…” he nodded.

I gave the food to them and went to my bedroom. I quickly changed to my nerdy clothes and showed it to him.

“What the…” he got shocked. “You’re Erich?” I nodded.

“Wow! No wonder I didn’t recognize you with that kind of clothes. You should go back to your old self,” he suggested.

“I won't go back,” I said and didn’t take off the clothes.

“If you don’t you’ll get bullied around,” he gave a hint.

“Well, I’ve been bullied already,” I said as he took a sip from his drink.

“Mwo? By who?” he asked looking ready for a battle.

“Uuuhhh… better if you don’t know,” I said and rolled my eyes. “Promise me you’ll never tell this to anyone?”

“Yakseokalkkae,” he said.

“Did you know that Baek Hyun likes you?” Therese unni said and Baek Hyun almost choked.

“Unni!” he raised his voice.

“What? I’m just saying,” unni .

“What a funny joke unni,” I laughed.

“It wasn’t a joke,” Baek Hyun confessed.

“Heh?!” I said looking astounded.

“It’s true,” Therese unni said.

“Wear a dress on Monday. Make yourself beautiful. I have to go,” Baek Hyun stood up and went to the door.

Therese unni waved at me and followed him. As I closed the door, I felt sad. I didn’t know why but I just felt it.

He liked me? Why didn’t he tell it to me before? I know that we’ve been friends for more than ten years but he never actually admitted to me that he liked me.

I looked at my room and found another bed. I almost forgot that I have no dorm mate yet. That’s why I have no one to talk to or make friends with.

 

(THERESE'S POINT OF VIEW)

“I have to go unni. I still need to go to my members,” Baek Hyun said to me.

“Arasso but can you do me a favor?” I asked him.

“What is it unni?” Baek Hyun asked me.

“Be her dorm mate,” I quickly said.

“Mwo?” he staggered.

“I can't come in here anymore. I’m leaving tomorrow for my designs,” I said worriedly.

“You want me to take care of her is that it?” he asked me.

“Just for a while. Until she gets better,” I said to him pleadingly.

“Fine, I’ll do it,” he said happily.

I can't believe that I made him agreed to this kind of situation but I really need to make sure that she’ll be fine. She has no one on her side. I trust Baek Hyun. That’s why I have to protect her especially from Taemin.

“So I’ll be going now unni,” Baek Hyun trailed off.

“Gomawo,” he waved at me while he’s walking far from me.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

“So I’ll be going now unni,” I trailed off.

“Gomawo,” unni said and I waved at her as I walked away.

I’m really happy about her offer. Seeing Beatrice everyday would make me feel at ease. Unni can trust me and I won't break her trust. I’ll definitely take care of her.

I know that Beatrice was still not alright after five years. It’s true that she ran away from home and hid herself but I want to help her. I want to help her face this problem. She’s not alone. I’ll support her.

“How’s the chit-chat with Beatrice unni?” Kai asked me as they saw me.

I kept my mouth shut and passed by them.

“Is she alright hyung?” D.O. asked.

I looked at him and smiled.

“Ne,” I said and tapped his shoulder.

I went home and went to my room. I got my luggage and put all my clothes there.

“What are you doing?” Minho hyung asked as he entered my room.

“I’m packing,” I said and saw the rest of the SHINee members especially Taemin.

I quickly packed my things and closed my luggage. When I was about to walk out of my room, Taemin held my arm. For a moment, our eyes met. I swung my arm so he would easily let go of me.

“Where are you going hyung?” Taemin asked as I got by him back to back.

“It doesn’t concern you anymore,” I said and continued to walk.

“Are you going to her place?” he asked me again.

“Aniyo…I just couldn’t stay here more,” I said and trailed off.

 

(TAEMIN’S POINT OF VIEW)

“Are you going to her place?” I asked Baek Hyun hyung seriously.

“Aniyo…I just couldn’t stay here more,” he said and trailed off.

“You…still care about her don’t you?” Minho hyung asked me without a warning.

“N-ne…” I said.

I didn’t see it coming when he hit me on the face. I plunged on the floor and didn’t try to stand up.

“Taemin-ah,” Kai said and went towards me to help me get up.

“What was that for Minho?” Key umma asked as he also went to my side.

“How could you let that happen to her?! She’s been good to you! She took care of you, she gave all her love for you and you just left her because of some incident you made?! Since when did you become irresponsible?!” Minho hyung lost his temper on me.

Jonghyun hyung and Onew hyung held his arms so he couldn’t hurt me more. I know…I became irresponsible. But I couldn’t lie about one fact…one simple fact, I still love her.

Minho hyung shrug and went out of the door to calm himself outside. Everyone might be mad at me because of what I did to Beatrice. My one and only Snowflake.

Kai and Key umma helped me get up and went to my bedroom. I was ashamed for what I did but I never did it to the other girls I’ve met after Beatrice. I swore that I only did it with her.

“What are you going to do now?” Key umma asked me.

“Mo…lla…” I said suppressing my tears from my eyes.

“Beatrice unni was a real young lady. She’s happy to have you and I saw that. But I just can't believe that you’ll leave her with that kind of big problem,” Kai pointed.

Hot tears fell from my cheeks. Key umma comforted me. I was really wrong for leaving her and I know that. I thought I could replace her but she remained in my mind and heart. I wanna make it up to her but Therese unni wouldn’t let me. Eotteokae! Eotteokae!